Old 03-18-2006, 07:05 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Squashed on Squash!

Good evening everyone!

I was a the grocery store and wanted to try something different for a cooked vegetable this week other than broccoli, carrots, and spinach. I did not have my plan kit but I rememberd "squash" was on the list.

So, I picked up a frozen bag of butternut squash.

Well, I get home and the list for squash says "summer" and "spaghetti" as vegetables. I did some net research and found that butternut has 82 cal per cup. Then, I looked up "summer" and it has 39 cal per cup.

OK....that would make sense why butternut was not on the list.

But then, I looked up spaghetti squash and it has 79 cal per cup...HUH?

In other words, spaghetti squash has almost as many cal per serving as butternut...but butternut is not on the list.

I really don't want to throw out the bag (it is enough for one meal with the family)...but...I am trying to stick with the program and follow what is listed exactly.

What should I do?
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Yes, I see it now...OK, Mary, thanks...Suzette
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote