Fat free ruffles/doritos/tostitos

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Do you think a serving of these these are permissable on the plan as a starch? The sodium content isn't that high, I don't think.
  • on maintennace...
  • I believe that they are gonna said no. They are gonna tell you to buy the cheese curls.
  • Mary is a kitchen expert, listen to her Even better, you can make your own potato chips by slicing very thin and baking...they are WAY BETTER and OP!
  • Besides-the olestra will make you spend the evening in the bathroom . . . I know this
  • I second that Juliemarie!
  • I'm not trying to find loopholes, I was just curious because I saw some at my mother's house the other day. Since they are new I thought maybe they just weren't listed on the plan yet. Geez.
  • ok, you guys are making me hungry and my poor oven fries turned out horrible - I will have to try this again sometime - how do you guys slice them?
  • There arent any "new" choices that I know of...
  • Laura--it was a great question. I would much rather ask stuff here than at the center--especially if it's iffy. Usually everyone around here is pretty understanding and there are no "dumb" questions (really sound like a teacher huh?) Anyway, I'm sure you are not the first or last to wonder. Plus, by asking here you may come across someone who has already checked it out with their center.
  • There are some newer menu books out at some centers with different choices than at others. The only dumb question is one that you don't ask!
  • Quote: There are some newer menu books out at some centers with different choices than at others. The only dumb question is one that you don't ask!

I dont think anyone implied that her question was dumb
  • With some of the Pampered Chef parties I've had they make potato chips in the microwave. slice them thin and you can put what ever seasoning that are allowed on them and then put them on a plate and microwave. You'll need to watch them so they don't burn, but they turn out pretty crispy and good. We would make a dip using fat free sour cream and some dill weed.
  • Barbara:
    That dip sounds good...
  • Deets _ I didn't say you did! I was just stating that we should never feel our questions are dumb. As my father told me the only dumb question was one not asked.