Slim-Fast March!

You're on Page 1 of 15
Go to
  • Okay its a new month lets start a new thread!!
  • Good Morning Slimfasters!!! How did your day go yesterday? I had a great day! My calves are feeling that eliptical this morning, and my abs are sore too from my biggest loser workout...so i guess I worked it huh?! LOL!

I've got 2 more days to meet my 2 month goal! I'm gonna do my very best to get there! So lets have a little fun today shall we? Post up your answers to the following...

1. What is your favorite song right now?

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing when you lose your weight?

3. Do you collect anything?

4. What is your favorite part of your body?

5. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Have fun with this!! Cant wait to see your answers!

~melissa
  • Here are my answers:

1. What is your favorite song right now? I just wanna live by Good Charlotte or SOS by Rihanna

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing when you lose your weight? Burning my fat clothes!

3. Do you collect anything? yes, bees, anything bee!

4. What is your favorite part of your body?lately my arms have been looking good!

5. What is your biggest pet peeve? people who smack when they eat

~melissa
  • Okay Ladies, I'm just quickly jumping on ....why is that the week right before spring break all my professors scheduled their exams. So I've been really busy trying to accomplish all my assignments and study. Yesterday I wasn't able to squeeze in a workout due to an early 8:00 exam but this morning I jogged my three mile and did 15 minutes lower body work. I feel soo happy that I accomplished this and now I'm off to class, assignments and studying for my exam.

Vickie- I didn't forget about you...I will send you a detail answer tommorrow after my last exam..then I can breathe.

Melissa- you right..those girl scouts cookies are evil and I wish you would just pop up every time I think about it with a loud speaker shouting (Back away from the cookies with your hands up! Now give me 10 push ups!)

To everyone keep it up!
  • Happy Afternoon Gang! Thanks Melissa for starting our new March thread.
    Feels weird that's it's March already, 3 months into the new year already. Yowza!

Vicki, I didn't get a chance to welcome you. I hope that if you decide to do the slimfast plan you'll join us here for some support & motivation!

Melissa, woo hoo feeeellll the burn baby! i love it when I feel that soreness in my abs especially, it's the worst part on me IMO! Anything to help get rid of it, the better! 2 more days, 2 more days! You will come thru with flying colors no problem. You'll see that loss you've been working for, if not, you're gonna come in mighty close that is for sure. I am so proud of you, all your hard work will be so worth it in the end. You are truly amazing!

Princess, go you!!! Great job on the workout yesterday. It does feel pretty darn good when we get that in and we know we've accomplished something good for us, doesn't it? Keep up the great work! I say it's an evil conspiracy and all the professors get together to decide how they can make you all as miserable as possible right before break. Good luck with all your exams, I know you'll do super!

Here are my answers. Melissa, you know how I love your fun games!

1. What is your favorite song right now? Holllaback Girl by Gwen Stefani, Reach for the Sky by Social Distortion, Heaven by DJ Sammy

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing when you lose your weight? Burning the fat clothes & shopping for new ones!

3. Do you collect anything? Do dust bunnies count? Um, well, I do love finding unusual picture frames, different types of wood, metals & shapes. So I guess I collect those!

4. What is your favorite part of your body? My feet! I love my toes for some reason.

5. What is your biggest pet peeve? Flaky people! People who talk in the movie theater. Sales people who don't acknowledge me when I wanna buy something, just because of my size (and I don't buy for a second that they don't do this, even tho' they deny it! )

Ladies, have an awesome day. We're half way thru the week already, time flies when you're having fun, eh? Make today the best you can, one foot in front of the other!
  • Answers!
    Hey girls, happy slimfasting!

1. What is your favorite song right now? The Nameless by Slipknot

2. What is one thing you are looking forward to doing when you lose your weight? Wearing my halters and my jeans I've been savings for over a year! Also taking pics and sending them to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law.

3. Do you collect anything? No.

4. What is your favorite part of your body? Booty or Breasts

5. What is your biggest pet peeve? Disrespect, discourteousness (sp?)
  • Happy March 1st Everybody!!!!

Well, things have been going OK here. I've been keeping up with my Biggest Loser workout. I sure do like Bob. Hubby did the toning with me yesterday. Ug, just wasn't the same. I appreciate him doing it with me, but hearing him grunt and groan over the basic toning was a bit annoying. I was like, "be quiet, Bob's TALKING". LOL!

Apparently we need to make up some "Exercising with Trainer Bob Rules".

I know I need to add in some extra cardio and perhaps go back to do push ups and ab work while I watch TV. I did that for awhile and really makes a difference.

I still feel like I'm slipping up here and there on the food/water portion, but with the start of March, I feel really good. Spring is almost here!

Ok, questions...good!

My favorite song right now? Hmm...I'm awful about remebering song titles or names of singers, but I really like Beyonce's "Check On It" and Sean Paul's "Right Temperature" song. Those might not be the exact names, but if you know the song, you know what I'm talkin' about. lol

Well, I don't have a lot left to lose. What I'm looking forward to is developing good eating habits. I'm trying very hard to control the snacking beast and when I do, I'll be a happy girl!

When I'm traveling, I usually buy one of those collector spoons if it's someplace I haven't been before. I have about 80 or so of them. I started on a trip to Mt. Rushmore when I was 8. It was on suggestion from one of the biker dudes there for the Sturgis Rally. I was scared not to take the leather clad suggestion! lol

My favorite part of my body is my arms and back. They're lean and strong.

My biggest pet peeve? When people complain about their situation and don't try to help themselves out of it.

Okey dokey, happy Ash Wednesday to you all. I know I should go to church and just tape Idol, but I can be a lazy girl at times. We'll see.
  • Good Afternoon everyone!! I hope you all are doing GREAT!!

Melissa (Princess) I'll be feeling your spring break crunch in about a week here, so far so good for me this semester but our spring break doesnt fall till the end of the month. You'll do great I know it!! Just make sure you take the time to get those workouts in, they'll help with the study stress! good luck!! oh and....BACK AWAY FROM THE COOKIES!! Now stop and gimme 10 pushups!! LOL! Love that!!

Danielle....LOL dust bunnies, you crack me up!!

Mia....do I smell another inlaw hater!! LOL! Ah my sister! LOL! Mine hate me, but thats okay because the feeling is mutual. In fact my sister in law told me that she hoped for everyones sake that I could stop eating. Aint she a peach! Keep shining lady!

Holly....There are definetly rules to bob!! And i say no husbands talking is the first on the list LOL! Remember more Yippee moments than oops moments and you are doing great!! Happy Ash Wednesday to you too!

Alright, lunch is finished I'm going to attempt to have a visit with Bob, but my calves are screaming today so I dunno how much I'll get done. Have a wonderful afternoon slimfasters!!

We are missing some people the past few days....where are you girls?
    ~melissa

• Do the lunges in the "easy" cardio part of the Biggest Loser workout ever get any easier? ARRRGGGG!
  • LOL...they do but it takes alot!!! I been doing this dvd for several weeks, all i ever do is alternate #1 and #3 and I still cant keep up with them on the lunges. I can do lunges the whole TIME they are going though, but mine are slow! When I first started I couldnt do even half of em. Great workout huh?! LOL!
  • Good evening guys. Just dropping in to check how everyone's day was.

Mia, good to see you today. Am I sensing a sort of "attitude" towards the monster-inlaws?? LOL If you are, girl I got stories that would curl your hair! Mine all belong in a mental ward. If you are talking that you take pictures cause they are proud of your success, well, then, I can't help ya there. LOL
    I can just say you are very lucky! It looks like you're doing great losing, just a bit of a ways still. I'm not sure if I missed an intro from you or what, are you doing slimfast now? It's always great to have people here with us, the more the merrier.

Holly, you crack me up. "Bob rules" heehee. The only Bob rule in my house is do not disturb. lol My kids know when The Bob is on, leave me alone. Dh is finding out quick to do the same, I think secretly he's jealous. LOL I spend more time with Bob than I do him and I mean that in all seriousness, hubby is never home. As far as I'm concerned, those damn lunges are the devil! I can't even attempt #2 & 4 right now. In my dreams maybe. I can get thru #1 alot better now than when I first started but man do my legs burn (so do my knees) on those lunges. Have a problem holding poses sometimes cause of that burn. Hopefully, as we keep working away we'll all be doing those lunges like friggin Suzy-Q does on the warm-up! LOL Hope today was a great one for you.

Melissa, as usual you are my rock. What would I do without you woman? Thanks for the pep talk tonight, you knew I needed it. No one understands more the struggles I deal with than you, the only person I tell everything to.
    I appreciate your friendship and your support more than you know.

So girls, today was a really rotten day for me. No exercise, not good food choices, and hardly any water. Boy, when I go off plan, I go off plan, huh?! I'm hoping tomorrow is alot better, i don't think I can go thru another day like today.
  • Well, I figured they do eventually get easier, but when I see Bob smiling at me and asking for 8 more reps, well lol I've been feeling like my back is pretty tired the next day too, so I must have needed some extra work there.

Yesterday was a great start to March for me. Ate well, drank water, BL workout, and hubby went for a walk with me before dinner.

However, desertdreamer, I am exactly the same as you, when I go off plan, I go OFF plan. I'm trying to not let a little splurge turn into a pig fest , but it's a hard habit to break. It's all or nothin' with me!

I had a yummy protein meal bar - the Peanut Granola one and finishing up my coffee now.

I hope you all have a very nice Thursday!
  • Good Morning everyone!!! Are we ready to make today better than yesterday? Dani I'm talkin to you girl! LOL! I'm skipping school today to go on my daughters field trip with her, we are going to an art museum. Then this afternoon she is in the county spelling bee representing her school! Looks like no exercise for me today but we shall see. I need it desperately! Tomorrow is my big weigh in and I have a feeling I'm not going to be pleased even though i've been nothing but good for the past week and a half. Yes I peeked today but I wont tell you! LOL!

I hope everyone has a wonderful on plan day today!! Get that sweating in too!! Are you drinking your water?? Well you better be! I'll be checking on you slimfasters this afternoon! Stay strong! We can do this!!

~melissa
  • Well, I had typed a big long post and when I sent it, it went poof. So let's try this again.....

How's everyone this morning? I am so ready to have a productive day today, yesterday was a huge huge bust. I really wish that I would not let my weight dictate who I am or what sort of mood to be in. It's not like when I lose the weight my life will miraculously become perfect or that *I* will become perfect. KWIM? So why is it that I have this mindset constantly, that I can't like the person that I am right now? This is a day-to-day struggle for me and most days are great, but when it's one of "those" days, watch out. Whoa, this is turning deep, more like a therapy session.

Sooooo anywho....!

Holly, you are off to a fabulous day so far. Keep up the super job you're doing, great things are happening! Biggest loser workouts are awesome, definitely works every part of your body. I always wonder how the contestants that are 300+ pounds on the show ever get thru something like that! But then again, look at how fabulous they look when the show ends, right? I am looking for several other workouts to add, I have a tendancy to become very bored and then eventually will just stop working out. So I'm planning ahead and collecting a variety of things to do. I did the Walk Away the Pounds 3mile the other day, I loved it. I've had those for years and had always used those in the past as the only thing I did besides the bike. Like I said, I became very bored and quit. Variety is key for me to succeed, at least that much Ive learned after all these years.

Melissa, enjoy your time with your daughter, I know she'll be super in the spelling bee. I can't believe you peeked at the scale! You're a b-r-a-t!!
    Then you go and tease like that, shame on you! I bet you made your goal, huh?

I really hope everyone has a great day. We seem to be missing some girls, where are ya ladies we miss you! Post up if you get a minute and let us know how you're doing.

I'll check in with you girls later, time for some housework.
  • Hanging in there guys...finished my last exam this morning and been running around doing last minute errands before my spring break trip to NYC & Philly. It's funny how up north people love sunny florida and my native miamian butt is tired of it and just want to get as far away as possible. I love cold weather yeah I know I'm weird. But my main purpose is to visit this school in Philly I'll be attending this upcoming for nursing.

Okay as far as my eating it's been okay...I almost cut three lanes just to get a double cheeseburger from McDonald just now...I haven't had one since last year. If it wasn't for that semitruck taking so long to past me which made me miss the turn...I honestly probably would have been smackin on some fries right now. I guess God helped me in this temptation. I think its PMS..I always want the wrong or better worded unhealthy foods. I just finished my slimfast(for my snack) and I feel in control again. Okay I'm going to take a nap and then start packing. You ladies probably won't hear from me for awhile. Until then..see you in a little over a week.