3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Am i stupid (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/77158-am-i-stupid.html)

treezuk 02-24-2006 10:52 AM

Am i stupid

I just wondered am i really stupid as i dont know the difference between all the different diets , I am curretnly trying to do weight watchers as i know its on a point system where u can eat what u like aslong as you try and be healthy and stay within the points i got that down ok and i've lost 2 stone on it before .

Its the Atkins, GI , No-Carb, etc diets than confuse me. Basiclly id like to know if there is any other option out there for me, as i know the food i like and i need a diet that somehow co-operates them all into it .

Sorry if i am confusing anyone but i dont know any other way of explaining what i mean.

Teresa :carrot:

Less of Lena 02-24-2006 11:43 AM

Hehe no, dear, you're not stupid! There is a maze of diet plans out there, it can be overwhelming!

For a general overview of many of the most popular plans, you can click on the tab marked Diets on the top of this page. Then, start reading these forums and see if you can find some similarities between your lifestyle and goals and some of the folks who post here.

I've recently come to the conclusion that not every plan works for every person (d'uh!), but hopefully, every person will eventually find the plan that works for them. It has to be a plan that meshes with your lifestyle (or the lifestyle you want to eventually have), and your personality. And it should be safe. I think I've finally found my plan (after a near-lifetime of looking).

Ask questions here -- this is a great community of caring folks who are very generous with their opinions and knowledge and support!

HTH

aphil 02-24-2006 01:21 PM

Well, I think you have sort of answered your own question. :) You like Weight Watchers because you have had success on it before, and you like the fact that you eat the foods that you like-rather than having certain things be off limits. So, honestly-I would say that Weight Watchers seems to be a good match for you-and since it is, there is really no reason for you to research other diet plans and try to find something that works for you. (Because you have stated that WW already does.)

If the other diets confuse you, you don't want a plan that has certain food lists or foods off limits, and you already like WW-then it sounds to me like you should probably stick to your current plan. :)

treezuk 02-24-2006 02:39 PM

Thank you both for your reply and after reading them both i finally realised that you are right aphil i did answer my own question and i really should stick with something that has given me results before , although i would like to research the other diets anyway as Lena suggested as i think it would give me a insight to know i am on the right diet for my lifestyle.

Thank you both so much for talking some sence into me , lol.

Teresa

Less of Lena 02-24-2006 04:39 PM

That reminds me of a line from Seinfield (hope I remembered this correctly):

"Men don't want to know what's *on* TV, they want to know what *else* is on TV."

I'm glad you've found the plan for you, Teresa!

treezuk 02-25-2006 08:48 AM

Thanks Lena