Question Re: Sugarless Candies

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I see that three a allowed per day. The question is, does this pertain to ANY type of sugarless candy?
  • I think that are the ones that are harder pieces of candy for example like "life savers" or "peppermint" but sugar less. And if you have sugar less candy you can't use the splenda.
  • Really? I had never heard that before about candy and splenda. Some of us really like the Ice Breaker Sours. They come in a green or purple tin, sold by the Altiods and stuff. They are like little mints, but sour fruit flavored. They are so good, and Shennie's center told her that she would not need to count them as anything, just not eat a whole tin a day, LOL.
  • my center told me to go out and buy sugar free candy to have to put in my mouth if i got a craving or just needed something but they never said anything about limiting just not to eat a whole bag of course.
  • Well, the main reason I ask is this. I found some Russell Stover Sugarless Peppermint Patties, like the York Peppermint Patties only small, about the size of a 50 cent piece. I'm wondering if one or two of those will hurt?
  • Splenda is way better for you then Nutrasweet......Why do they say that?
  • Check the calories on the Russell Stovers. I'll bet they are pretty high.
  • the icebreakers are practically no calories and I have found that the jolly rancher ones are 4 pieces for 35 calories.
  • Quote: the icebreakers are practically no calories and I have found that the jolly rancher ones are 4 pieces for 35 calories.
    I'll check the label. Thanks for the input.
  • Baskin Robins makes a mint chocolate chip hard candy (sugar-free)....SOOO good. It sort of works for my chocolate cravings!

Crystal light also makes a sugar-free hard candy that is pretty good and very low in calories.
  • When I signed up the counselor told me that I could have up to 3 packets of artificial sweetener, up to 3 pieces of hard sugarless candy and up to 3 pieces of sugarless gum. In my red menu plan kit it also states this at the bottom of the condiments. She didn't say I could only have 3 total. I've put down that I've had 3 packets of splenda and 3 sugarfree mints in one day and nobody has ever said anything about it.
  • When I started the program in Tampa(Jan 2005) my counselor told me just one choice,but today I call my center in Chicago and they told me that Yes I can use them (3)packets of the sugar,(3) the gum and the candy. So I haven't enjoy my pieces of candy because one center said something and another one said another thing.
  • Quote: When I signed up the counselor told me that I could have up to 3 packets of artificial sweetener, up to 3 pieces of hard sugarless candy and up to 3 pieces of sugarless gum. In my red menu plan kit it also states this at the bottom of the condiments. She didn't say I could only have 3 total. I've put down that I've had 3 packets of splenda and 3 sugarfree mints in one day and nobody has ever said anything about it.
    My book says the same thing
  • Quote: Really? I had never heard that before about candy and splenda. Some of us really like the Ice Breaker Sours. They come in a green or purple tin, sold by the Altiods and stuff. They are like little mints, but sour fruit flavored. They are so good, and Shennie's center told her that she would not need to count them as anything, just not eat a whole tin a day, LOL.
    Hi :Sorry ..I didn't explain my self correctly when I said splenda I meant artificial sweetener...
  • My book (Purple now) also says:

"*In addition to 3 condiments per day, you may use:"

And then lists three of each. No ifs, ands or buts...