TOM Time

• Hey ladies I have a question about TOM. I only get mine about once every 3 months so this is the first time I am getting it while being on plan. For some reason this time around my cravings for chocolate are insane. All I want is chocolate 24/7. Is there anything I can do to lessen the cravings? And also do I need to let my center know that its my TOM or do they not care?
  • I always tell my center when it is TOM. They may have some good suggestions about cravings for you, also that they will be understanding if you have a gain.
  • When I feel that I have those cravings for chocolate I eat the chocolate fudge brownie bar, at least cut the cravings. I allways gain some weight at that time too and I let them Know because I got bloded, they told me to drink the hot water with lemon is like a tea.
    Heat 1 cup of water and squeze 1 lemon on it.Helps to eliminate some of the water.
    Milca
  • The LA lite caramel bar is awesome , and the chocolate mint (put in fridge - it tastes alot like a girl scount thin mint cookie - woo hoo...if you are on bars, a chocolate meal-replacement is great, too, filling, smooth and chocolaty...whether it's LA or slim-fast or atkins brand, I think they are similar.

Best of luck!

Ange
  • Now Megan, I was thinking that you cannot do the bars. If I am right on this, here are few thoughts. 8 oz of skim milk with SF Hersheys syrup, homemade OP chocolate pudding ( If you want the recipe, tell me). If you can't handle the milk, try 1/2 banana with 1 T of peanut butter and SF Hershey's syrup. Also, remember that the reason you get cravings during TOM is due to a drop in nutrients in your a body. A magnesium supplement helps with chocolate cravings, calcium and potassium are the other 2 that drop low. Bananas for your fruits really help, or a supp. may be in order. I always take calcium anyway. Good Luck!!
  • Thanks for all the great ideas. I think I will go out today Katie and get the supplements. Like I said it doesnt happen often but when it does happen its bad. I will also try the banana tonight that sounds yummy!!
  • That IS great soymilk!