Any Major Changes to LAWL in the last 2 years?

• Hello everyone.

I am curious to know if there have been many major changes to the LAWL plan in the last two years. I was on the plan and about 10 pounds from my goal when I fould out I was pregnant with my 1st child. The center said I could no longer participate while I was pregnant (that was March of 2004) Now I am interested in getting back into it, but am not sure if much has changed. I have tried to locate my food sheet, but haven't had any luck finding it.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Is so, what was your experience? Do I have to pay to start back up again? Any ideas or suggestions? I had thought of just doing it on my own (if I find my food sheet that is I really need to start back though, as I have gained all the weight I lost, plus 15 lbs. (how depressing is that?? )

Alrighty, any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks so much!
  • I'm new to the plan myself, but this happens to be one of the questions I asked my counseler when I started since. She said that if I get pregnant, or any other event like that just to let her know and she would put me on "hold" and when I was ready to come back just to let her know and we would pick up again where we left off. I would think that the same should have happened for you. I would call the 800 number and ask.
    Good luck!
  • Not sure, but it seems like your center should do something for you here. I would definitely call and ask.
  • Thanks so much for replying Heather and Repo girl!

I did call the center. And the supervisor there said that since I had six weeks still remaining on my previous plan (before having to put it on hold when I got pregnant) that it would depend on how much I needed to lose now (pretty much starting over for me...ugggh) and she would subtract the six weeks from how many weeks I need and multiply that times $9.00 per week which is how much the weeks cost at the moment.

So if that was confusing (which I feel it might me) this is the deal. I can go back to LAWL and I have to sign a new contract and pretty much buy another package because 6 weeks is not enough to get me thru to my goal. At the same time I don't lose the 6 weeks I have left, I can use them up before I start using the weeks on my new contract. (Was that a bit clearer? I hope so! The first paragraph confused me!)

Thanks again!
    ad4now
  • Thanks Mary! That is a great to know. I had not thought of that. I will do that...as I was not really looking forward to going back to the center (I kinda got into it with them once before for not buying my bars from them) I bought them from ebay to save a little money. As I had already paid them SO much, I just couldn't afford anymore... anyway they had said my contract was voided because I did that. So I had to bring in my contract to prove it was not stated WHERE I had to buy my bars, just that I had to consume the LA Lites...and they backed off.

Thanks again Mary, that will really help me out a ton. I will let you know how that works out, as I plan on going in sometime this week. God bless you!