3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Does this happen to anyone else? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/76200-does-happen-anyone-else.html)

KNR727 02-15-2006 10:21 AM

Does this happen to anyone else?

I was at my COD yesterday for WI. As I'm talking to my lady the phone rings and she answers it, then she proceeds to ask the caller questions regarding their weight loss goals and tells them what LAWL can do for them and sets up an appointment to come in. Meanwhile I am sitting there waiting for her to get done. This has happened everytime I go for WI. I'm starting to get a little irratated. Especially yesterday, as I have been struggling for a couple of days and really needed the support of someone at the COD. Anyone else have this happen? Am I wrong to expect their attention? I don't mind them answering the phone and getting a phone number to call someone back....but to spend my time hearing my lady spout the wonders of LAWL to a caller when I am sitting right there waiting really gets me.
ARGH...sorry to vent, like I said I'm having a hard time lately and this was just another thing that set me off.

CandlePrincess 02-15-2006 10:26 AM

Kim,

That happens to me as well. I just try and remember that the way they keep their doors open is to keep people coming in. I will say that my COD will answer the phone and schedule the appointment etc...but won't cut short my time just because they were on the phone. I always feel I get their full attention and time. I know each COD is different but that is what happens at mine.

srmb60 02-15-2006 11:26 AM

My husband used to work in lumber retail. Head office sent out regular notices reminding them that the customer standing in front of you ... decided to come in, got ready, made the trip .... probably hours before hand. He deserves your attention over the fella who thought about it a few minutes and picked up the phone.
"Can I call you back, I'm with a cutomer right now." Is the right answer.

deetsmom 02-15-2006 01:15 PM

It happens to me when theres only one counselor on...

slowlyshrinking 02-15-2006 01:48 PM

It happens at my COD all the time - they'll have a lobby of people waiting, sometimes 20 minutes, and two of the counselors will be on the phone pitching the program. Or, a bunch of us will have signed in and be waiting, and someone will come in for an appointment, and they'll take her right back. My COD is chronically understaffed, so waiting that long really irritates me, since our weekly rate is $11 - $3.67/visit!

StargazerJMK 02-15-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowlyshrinking
It happens at my COD all the time - they'll have a lobby of people waiting, sometimes 20 minutes, and two of the counselors will be on the phone pitching the program. Or, a bunch of us will have signed in and be waiting, and someone will come in for an appointment, and they'll take her right back. My COD is chronically understaffed, so waiting that long really irritates me, since our weekly rate is $11 - $3.67/visit!

You know, I used to have a :censored: Doctor like this. I'd have an appointment and an hour or more later I'd FINALLY get in to see him... my solution?

I billed him for MY time. At the rate I charge clients in the law office I worked in at the time. Imagine his surprise when he got a bill from ME for $180.00 for my 2 hour wait.

It was the last time I had that problem. ;)

Gymgurl 02-15-2006 05:30 PM

If I go in the am and only one person is there it happens....

Repo girl 02-15-2006 05:44 PM

Wow Joan, that is so cool. Nice to see you stand up for yourself!!

Gamababa3 02-15-2006 05:57 PM

That's only happened once to me, when of the girls had to go to the bank and there was only one there. She did apologize for making me wait. Usually there is 2-3 girls there each time I go in. Hope it gets better for you.

StargazerJMK 02-15-2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo girl
Wow Joan, that is so cool. Nice to see you stand up for yourself!!

Thanks. I've Never been one to keep my mouth shut. :joker: But ya know I got him to understand that MY time was as valuable as his.

baems04 02-16-2006 01:45 AM

A bit off topic but amusing no less...

I was really sick and called the Dr. they told me to come in for the 5PM spot. I should have known better, I waited for a grand total of 3.5 hours in the waiting room! :tantrum: If I wasn't as sick as I was I would have left I was about to drive myself to the nearest ER. When I finally saw the Dr he apoligized and spent 40 mins with me. Now all my appts are scheduled in the very begining or the very end of the day and I learned to call ahead!

30lbsby22 02-16-2006 04:01 PM

Kim I notice you are from Illinois, what part? I am from there also and tend to go to the one in bloomingdale. for the longest time i loved them but within these past 2 weeks they have really started to get on my bad side.