Lunch Question -

• Okay ladies - I have a birthday luncheon today and was wondering what you thought would be the best option - I looked at most of the salads, but I don't see a low sodium or light dresssing available....

WOOD GRILLED SALMON
    Fresh salmon, grilled over a hardwood fire, served with vegetables and your choice of Parmesan mashed Yukon Gold potatoes or a loaded Colorado Russet baked potato. (of course, I would get the baked potato and eat half.....)

BUFFALO MEAT LOAF
    Ground lean buffalo sirloin seasoned with onions, garlic and chipotle peppers, topped with savory portobello mushroom gravy. Served over Parmesan mashed Yukon Gold potatoes with spiced-pecan green beans.(of course, I could ask for the baked potato and eat half.....)

This salad was the only one that seemed to be an option - I know seaseme oil is not an OP fat - but I could dab the chicken and just count it as a fat??

SESAME CHICKEN SALAD
    Teriyaki marinated chicken strips encrusted with black and white sesame seeds, pan-fried in sesame oil, served over baby greens and shredded cabbage, and tossed in a ginger mustard vinaigrette??.

What are the chickies expert opinions - let me know...Thanks!!!
  • I'd enjoy the fresh salmon (which is grilled as opposed to the extra fat that you'll get in the chicken with both the sesame oil and the teriyaki sauce) eat the half of a baked potato without the "loaded" stuff, and perhaps ask for a small side salad of mixed greens AND bring along a little packet of LA dressing. I just love the honey mustard dressing of theirs and carry a packet in my purse for just such occasions. Yesterday my DH and I were out and had to stop for a quick lunch on the drive home. We pulled into a Wendy's and I got their salad and put my own dressing on it. POP!!! Save a fruit and you can even have a glass of wine!!!

Enjoy your luncheon.
  • The grilled salmon, ask them to prepare without oil..the others will be socked with sodium and hidden fats.
  • Thanks ladies for the suggestions!!! I will get the salmon w/o oil !! Then I have the veggies and half bk. potato -