3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   reduce plus supplements?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/75424-reduce-plus-supplements.html)

30lbsby22 02-06-2006 07:03 PM

reduce plus supplements?!

Hey all my center suggested that I start taking the reduce plus supplements because I am having a hard time losing the weight. I won 2 bottles on ebay today. My questions are has anyone taken this before and if so what exactly does it do? secondly when I start taking theses should I tell my center or keep it hush hush for a little bit? And if I do tell them I am taking them but got the product from ebay will the then void my contract and will i not be able to get my money back?? :dizzy:

Also is anyone taking the fish oils (i think they sell them as efa or something)? They also suggested I start taking those but Im not sure why? :?:

tobetheman 02-06-2006 07:45 PM

If u got it from ebay u should be very very skeptical. Reports keep coming on fake items almost each week. I think this last week Tiffany's filed a suit on what were supposed to be legit items with certificates. They got smart ordered their own named stuff through the site and found them to be fakes. Likely or is it a scam, it seems real, cause they get money no matter from which end. Recall these are not vitamins so u should IMO get rid of them cause it's one thing to go to a chain store or a pharmacy but ebay has proven itself unreliable. Bad batteries for cells where the thing before. Also, between these two were computer hardware. See a trend here!

tobetheman 02-06-2006 07:47 PM

As for the fish oils in general they are good for us all. Just don't take more than 2 mg unless a dr. tells u to, cause most who take more do so for some illness that requires it. I take one a day and a multivitamin.

As for ur center that I'm sure someone else who knows about it can help u. Help anyone?

30lbsby22 02-06-2006 08:13 PM

my center said to do one fish oil wth breakfast and one with lunch...does this sound right?

Suzanne 3FC 02-06-2006 09:38 PM

30lbsby22, you can take one with each meal or take them both together. Just whatever is better for you. You can ask your doctor if you should take them. If you eat fish a few times a week, then you probably get all you need anyway. It's good for your heart, but it won't contribute to weight loss.

You don't need to buy theirs (I've heard they are mega-expensive). You can buy a brand such as Natrol at any drugstore. I pay less than $10 per bottle of 150 of Natrol purified fish oil capsules.

Don't bother with the Reduce Plus. LAWL reps are supposed to try to sell everything to you. That's their job. But all you need is the diet plan, and of course to exercise :) The Reduce Plus contains CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) which has been shown to possibly help keep weight off if you take it during maintenance, but human studies have shown that it does not help with weight loss. If you are interested in trying CLA, you can buy it anywhere from 10 to 20 bucks.

Repo girl 02-06-2006 11:28 PM

I take the EFA's every day, religiously. Two at breakfast, one at bed time. Part of the reason is that they help you to stay regular, and on LAWL, many people tend to become constipated. The other is that they contain flax seed oil, which helps the liver to flush fat and detox the body.

shennie_97 02-07-2006 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
30lbsby22, you can take one with each meal or take them both together. Just whatever is better for you. You can ask your doctor if you should take them. If you eat fish a few times a week, then you probably get all you need anyway. It's good for your heart, but it won't contribute to weight loss.

You don't need to buy theirs (I've heard they are mega-expensive). You can buy a brand such as Natrol at any drugstore. I pay less than $10 per bottle of 150 of Natrol purified fish oil capsules.

Don't bother with the Reduce Plus. LAWL reps are supposed to try to sell everything to you. That's their job. But all you need is the diet plan, and of course to exercise :) The Reduce Plus contains CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) which has been shown to possibly help keep weight off if you take it during maintenance, but human studies have shown that it does not help with weight loss. If you are interested in trying CLA, you can buy it anywhere from 10 to 20 bucks.

suzanne, you are always full of great info. i will proabbly cheack out the CLA when I get to maintenance

30lbsby22 02-07-2006 12:21 PM

Thanks for all the great responses!! If anyone does find the CLA please let me know where you found it. I was looking at Target for it last week and couldnt find it. You guys are awesome!!