Old 02-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #16  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Erin- They are also pretty good boiled with pearl onions.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:57 PM   #17  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Erin- They are also pretty good boiled with pearl onions.
Repo, Thanks! I'll try that too! (Won't waste a condiment) Wow, you are always so full of helpful tips! You should write a book ... or do a newspaper column! Heloise has nothing on you!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #18  
Katie

Thanks Erin. I actually did not go to college to repo cars or do daycare. My degree is in Home Economics, so I have had a lot of cooking classes. They have probably been my downfall! Katie
Old 02-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #19  
Katie

Oh, that sounds nasty. I don't really mind if he did not eat it or like it. If that had been the only comment I would have rolled with it. You know how it is...
Old 02-11-2006, 11:35 AM   #20  

Default question

I notice many of you have a yogurt and fruit or yogurt and a bar for breakfast. I was doing the same thing and constantly getting yelled at for it because it wasn't a "hardy" enough breakfast. What gives?

Seems I can't do anything right on this plan. I noticed they just put out a new plan book in 2006 that only allows CC meals 3x/week instead of daily. So imagine my surprise when I got yelled at for eating too many CC meals and had no idea why! Oh, and then the "unwritten" rule that you can't have a cereal as a starch on the same day you have a CC meal. How the heck am I supposed to know that when it's unwritten?? Ugh.

I am frustrated.
Monica in IL
mommyof2gals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #21  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Poor mommy--don't you just hate it when they change the rules in the middle of the game?! First they told me not to eat cottage cheese everyday (love it with pineapple for breakfast--plus it's easy!), then they said to cut out the PB (my favorite!) and they would rather me eat cottage cheese instead--UGH--I said don't give it to me as an option if you are going to take it away! Anyway--I have to admit--it may have worked for me b/c I started losing more when I cut it out. Now I am going to try to add it back once a week and see if it hurts. Maybe now with the new rules the pounds will start dropping!! But I understand the "wasted $$" thought. Give the new plan time though--I bet you can do it.

Repo--is hubby still TOM? LOL--it must be a male gene that they all have to show out every once in a while! After subbing all week I didn't have to on Friday so I said oh yeah--I can finally get a workout in and he says--oh, I thought you were going to say I can get this house clean--NO__NOT what I was going to say!!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #22  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Monica, maybe you were having to many carb carver meals. In the six weeks I have been on program I have only had a CC three times and I am losing. I try to stick to plan as best I can. The CC are giving us more starches even though we count them as proteins. I would try a week with out the CC section and see if that helps at all. The portions sizes are way to big on the CC also compared to the quantities we are allowed to eat on the rest of the program. Sorry your so frustrated hopefully things will get better for you and always remember you have all of us here any time you need help or just to talk.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #23  
Katie

Great advice Barb!
Old 02-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #24  

monica, I'm sorry that they ever said it was ok to have CC almost daily. Like Barb said it is pretty big and lots of starches, I try to do it no more than 2 times a week myself and the only constant one I do is Saturday morning pancakes.

It sucks to think you can do something and have it taken away. My first book when I started said that a subway chicken sandwich was only 1 starch, not I saw the rest of the sandwiches said 2 starches, but hey why question when you have receivd a free gift. Wehn they finally told me (about 1 month later mind you) that it was a misprint I was so angry because I felt I lost soemthing, so I understand completly, but don't give up you can do it.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote