The .."I want to give up thread!!" Post your rants here

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I thought we could use this thread...seems a few of us are having that kinda day..week or month.......

I will go first....I haven't lost anything in two weeks......
  • One better, I am due to "stabilize" in one week and am GAINING...how one gains on this amount of calories is beyond me...my drs scale yesterday said 132, at WI I was still up more from last visit to 134! I spoke to the nutrtionist again who told me its a food and fluid fluctuation from going a few hours earlier today and it could be caused by MANY factors...BITE ME. I left in near tears, telling them I might as well go to McDonalds today- if Im just going to gain, I might as well enjoy myself!
  • Deets-

Maybe you've been "too good". Sometimes a good cheat jumpstarts my weight loss again. I'm not trying to sabatoge you or anything-but maybe Mickey Ds would be a good idea-as long as you get right back on track!
  • I feel that way a lot of times too. I started November 7 at 158 pounds and here we are February 1 and I am at 144. My weight loss is very very sloooooow. At this rate I won't make my goal weight of 117 by March 31. I was thinking of stopping when I was 130 or extending the weight loss weeks to beginning of May. I am not sure if I will have to pay. So whichever option I WON'T have to pay for, I am going with. 130 or 117, I don't really care, it is still less than what I was.
  • y'know..my friend and I were just saying the same thing...we decided that if Friday the scale is still evil, we're gonna have a little treat and then I will have the whole weekend plus skip Monday WI and maybe I can get back for Wednesday and show a loss...nothing extreme to splurge, but something to shake it up..Im telling you, I am SO done at this point. Im over wanting to be perfect, Id be happy just to stay the same and move on at this point...what a terrible way to learn a lesson....to be gaining on 1,300 cals per day- what a joke.
  • I have what I like to call-"planned, controlled cheats" every now and then. Usually I'm craving something like nachos-so I'll pick the day and go to a bar or restaurant and order what I want and eat just until I'm satisfied and go. If I made it at home-I'd overeat in front of the TV and have leftovers-bad idea.

Regardless-you've done wonderful with the diet. Don't beat yourself or even LAWL up right now. It's worked. You're absolutely tiny. In fact-I want to come over and smack you upside the head for complaining about weighing 134lbs. (just kidding-well, mostly )
  • Quote: I have what I like to call-"planned, controlled cheats" every now and then. Usually I'm craving something like nachos-so I'll pick the day and go to a bar or restaurant and order what I want and eat just until I'm satisfied and go. If I made it at home-I'd overeat in front of the TV and have leftovers-bad idea.

Regardless-you've done wonderful with the diet. Don't beat yourself or even LAWL up right now. It's worked. You're absolutely tiny. In fact-I want to come over and smack you upside the head for complaining about weighing 134lbs. (just kidding-well, mostly )
    Aww! Believe me, I feel bad for complaining, but no matter what your weight, if youre gaining unexplainably, its disturbing Thanks for not smacking me, LOL!
  • I was just kidding! That's what we're here for-complain away!
  • Deets that does stink....maybe you do a need a little cheat...OR eat the red dotted food...that was they told told me
  • here's my rant - all the food i've eaten so far today has SUCKED!

added some all bran + milk to my oatmeal and nuked - bad move...nasty, soggy, mess.

- lunch was some spinach that was threatening to go to the other side + h/B eggs that weren't to far behind the spinach.

- that's what I get for not preparing my food the night before.

Oh yah ....it's raining AGAIN!!!
  • I'm going to the center today cause they want to talk to me. I think they are going to change my program around...I called the 800 number and the nutritionist called them....lol I think they hate me lol....but maybe this will work
  • Quote: Gymgurl, I always say I'd rather be a witch than a doormat. Who cares how you make them feel? You pay them to lose weight, not to judge you. Can you tell I'm in a mood Good for you getting them on the ball.

I am TICKED. I did TO yesterday, but after a 5 hour headache and dizziness, my sister told me to eat. I did and gained 2 lbs.

UGH!

I am just going to try to do the plan, but I am still bleeding 10 days later now and I am seriously wondering if I should take those iron pills in my fridge or what?

Mary
    Id say call the dr but iron pills are very helpful if youve lost a lot of blood. Mary, please feed your body- its going through a lot right now
  • Mary - I think its too soon to be pressed about the plan. You're not well yet. Like I said I have been there and even though I opted for the surgery, it was still almost a month before I began to feel like myself. DO take the iron pills and also try to eat foods that are iron rich, like beets, spinach, and also liver (if you like it). Steak is richer in iron also. Hang in there lady. We are all pulling for you. I know you're anxious to get back in the saddle, but first things first, right? The better you take care of yourself now, the sooner you will be able to go 100% back OP.

Carm
  • LOL! Mary you are so funny.
  • My rant is I have been on this diet now for a month and I have lost 5lbs. Thats it. And I cant seem to stay at a stable weight. One day its more and one day its less. All I want to do is give up. Its so frustrating. I keep thinking of starting to work out and my COD told me if I do 5 hours or less of cardio a week then they wont change my plan. I wish I could do something to help this weight come off faster!!