Old 02-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #256  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Katie, great reasons to stay on program. Helps all of us to think that way and you can do it.

Do you have that link to the sample menus?
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:49 PM   #257  

Katie, you are such a motivator! I want to be a size 8/10 in any store. I want to go to the beach and not feel embarrassed taking my shorts off. I want to know I'll live a long, healthy life for my kids. I want to be the "skinny" one of my friends. I want to not look like I had three kids. I want to not obsess about weight 24 hours a day. I want self-control enough to be able to eat a treat, but not binge on the whole bag (and then the entire contents of my pantry). I want to not fit into my husband's pants (because they're too big!) I want my middle number to be a 4. I want, I want, I want...could go on and on. Thanks for the laugh.

Leann! This place is the best -- good luck and keep us all motivated.

Barbara, good luck with the job search -- you were right to leave that place!

Ciao, chickies, gotta go make dinner for my 3 monsters!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:16 PM   #258  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Christie- Great goals. We have every right to want and want and want. All we do is give and give and give. It feels so good to give to ourselves this time!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #259  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I see there’s a debate going on over artificial sweeteners and natural sugar so I figured I’d chime in! Why not? I’m on the fence between these two because I personally use both. Of course on this diet natural sugar is more limited than artificial sweeteners so I use more of the artificial sweetener. If I where not dieting or naturally skinny, I know it would be reversed. I have seen reports on the side effects of artificial sweeteners and it was enough to grab my attention and raise some concerns. Some of the ingredients are proven hazards and some have even been linked to MS and like someone mention earlier, we’re like test dummies for splenda. So when it comes down to my son, I don’t push the artificial sweeteners on him. I don’t let him not have them; I just don’t choose them for him. I’m fortunate that he prefers water or milk 99% of the time, he doesn’t go hog wild on candy and junk food and he’ll probably take after his father and be thin his entire life. If his health ever becomes an issue, we’ll address it then, but right now he’s to young and innocent to be someone’s ginnie pig. Me on the other hand, test away!!!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:00 PM   #260  

Katie-That is cool I did not realize that you were right there on the verge too.
WooHoo! We can and will do this!

Oh Wow the I want thread--- I want to not be embaressed naked in front of my husband again. I want my boob job when I am done with my weight loss! I dont want to be the fat one who cant wear a bathing suit on my cruise in April! I want to be healthy again! I want my husband and kids to be proud to claim me. I want to be the skinny sister out of 6 girls instead of the short one! I dont want to be afraid of the scale at the dr's office! I am doing this for my self esteem and confidence.

Ok all now that I got that out I have to share with you all what happened to me today. My DSIL called (who I have never gotten along with) She is getting married in April right before our family cruise. She is and always has been very small (size4 115pds)She bought her dress about 2 months ago size 4, and now she is 3 weeks away from her final fitting and she has gained 10lbs and can get in the dress but can not breath. I have alot of pity for her at this point! So she wants to know how I dropped all that weight in such a short time, being nice which about killed me. I told her about LA Express and how to do it and she asked if I could pick up the juice and pria bars for her at the Health Food Store and she will come get them. Otherwise she says to me that she is just going to start throwing up again, (news to me). I told her that she was ridiculous and being the nice person I went and got the stuff for her. So I did my good deed for the day and I did not even tell her off! Thought you guys would get a kick out of knowing that us women even at that tiny still are not happy...but I am cause I married her brother against what his family said....sorry that was soooo evil but sometimes my horns show !

Hope you all have an OP evening and I will be back soon!

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #261  
Katie

Good for you Bernadette!!! You go with those wants!
Old 02-07-2006, 06:14 PM   #262  

Bernadette - don't you hate having skinny in-laws??? My DH's sisters are all skinny except one that I dislike. She gained weight after she had her last baby. She was always a size 2-4 and perfectly darling and then she had her third baby and it all caught up to her. She calls my MIL all the time crying because she's a size 12, saying how fat and gross she is. WAAAAA It makes me sick. She has no idea how many days I would have sold my soul to the devil to be in a size 12 and now thanks to LAWL I am there, on my way to a 10. I don't mind the other skinny ones because they are so nice, kind, and nonjudgemental, but the evil side of me takes a small amount of pleasure in the fact that she can now relate to me!!!!!

Am I a horrible person? I'd never wish my own suffering on anyone, but I hate skinny people that complain.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #263  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Everyone here is just too nice! And thanks for the congrats--I should be happy with every ounce but patience is NOT my middle name. I love that my DH is doing this with me (even the 9 year old does worlds better in choices!) but the downside is how much faster he is losing --even with his cheats--not fair! I knew it would happen but it doesn't mean I have to like it--I think I will encourage more cheats--haha. PS--I am on Gold with lites--love them.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:31 PM   #264  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiesta
Am I a horrible person? I'd never wish my own suffering on anyone, but I hate skinny people that complain.
It does NOT matter how much you weigh, everyone has issues and just cos some of us are lighter, doesnt mean we dont have the same issues with ourselves. Im not sure if youre saying this in a "LOL" joking kind of way or if youre really upset about this subject, but I wanted to chime in.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #265  
on LAWL

testing my ticker--this posting thing is new to me--but a lot of fun--now I can't wait to see it MOVE!! Yes, Boo is our newest addition--I needed a new "baby" since mine are both in school.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #266  
Katie

Sound like great wants Mary. You know, I think that it is alright to feel a little petty every now and then.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #267  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetsmom
It does NOT matter how much you weigh, everyone has issues and just cos some of us are lighter, doesnt mean we dont have the same issues with ourselves. Im not sure if youre saying this in a "LOL" joking kind of way or if youre really upset about this subject, but I wanted to chime in.
Deets, I do mean it in a LOl kind of way. I met a woman once who I judged to be one of those naturally skinny kind of people. I later found out that her entire life she has exercised vigorously and watched her diet. I was so impressed that even people who I would have thought to be able to do whatever they want with food have to work at it, too. I respect anyone who has issues, whether they are 300 pounds or 120. I know that it's your body and how YOU feel about it. Please don't think I'm a mean person!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #268  
on LAWL

tomorrow is weigh day wednesday--ugh, even though I feel like I have stayed on plan (except the piece of Valentine candy I stole from my 6 year old) I still dread it and I am even down to weighing in once a week! I think with all the food we have to eat I feel full (full--not necessarily satisfied) so that makes me feel like I can't be losing. I have gradually moved my starches to earlier in the day as well as my bars--I am trying to be finished with all food by 8:00 so we'll see if it helps. I haven't exercised all week so I am sure that doesn't help my conscience. Good luck to everyone tonight.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #269  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiesta
Deets, I do mean it in a LOl kind of way. I met a woman once who I judged to be one of those naturally skinny kind of people. I later found out that her entire life she has exercised vigorously and watched her diet. I was so impressed that even people who I would have thought to be able to do whatever they want with food have to work at it, too. I respect anyone who has issues, whether they are 300 pounds or 120. I know that it's your body and how YOU feel about it. Please don't think I'm a mean person!!!
That was what I figured...no one here is nasty and tone is difficult to judge in writting, thats why I asked...id have to say everyone here seems to have a good sense of humor
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #270  

One of the reasons I wanted to lose weight was just to look better in pictures - aside from all the healthy stuff, good role model for my kids....etc... I still wanted to LOOK good in casual photographs. I always hated the way I looked.

DH was snapping pics at DSs 6th bday last weekend, and of course I look to find the ones that I'm in and I was HAPPY!!!!

And today I went to eddie bauer and fit into a size 6 easily! Yet for some reason, I still feel fat and these last 5 lbs are hovering over me.

I think it's b/c of all my flab - I hate that "hangover fat" that happens with lower rise jeans. Yet if I go to a bigger size, they are too big. Does that makes sense? And I'm not wearing the super low stuff, just jeans that are right at/below my belly button. When I went last week to my anual OB appt, she said that after 3 kids 4 1/2 years, and a 40 lb weight loss, there will definitely be some flab and give it TIME......
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote