Old 02-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #241  

Hey Girls,
I can definitely relate with the kids in the bed. My middle daughter had such a problem with nightmares for a while that I kept a comforter under my bed, so that when she had a nightmare and came in, she slept on the pallet on the floor beside our bed. DH and I cannot sleep when she gets in the bed with us. Every night we pray for "no bad dreams"
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:46 PM   #242  

Purple: I don't know that artificial sweeteners are "bad" for kids, I just look at it as something that kids don't need to have, so why do it. If they need sweetener, then maybe a bit of real sugar would be better. And I'm not a "granola", all natural kind of person, just something about those sweeteners - and the stuff that's in them makes me NOT want to give them to my kids. Although I know Splenda is supposed to be better, but it hasn't been around that long, so how will we know.

I also agree with the person who said that it's important for kids to recognize their body signals to know they are full.

Shennie - yep, I work for Parents As Teachers
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:53 PM   #243  
PurpleSunshine

Katie - I think I will try that sample menu as well - I love keeping my dinners different on occasion - if not I get bored with the same ol food.....

Christie - Thanks for the words of wisdom. I know I shouldn't beat myself up, but I've been doing so good. I did start fresh today - like nothing ever happened - and it was JUST GOLDFISH - definitely could've been worse - like a 1000 calorie piece of dessert at a restarant or something..

Shennie - talk about knees in the back - Savannah is horrible!! she tosses and turns and moves and crawls all over me - last night I woke up and she was sitting on my back!! I just laughed and then laid her back down on her side!!!

The scale hasn't moved much since friday yet. I was down a little saturday but then normal on sunday again......I don't think I will do much on the WI tomorrow - but hopefully I will see some more fall for next week's weigh in - I"m just sooo greedy - I want that money for my vacation!!! My neighbor told me to go the morning of weigh in and do 45 mins of cardio - if I'm not down enough - I just might do that!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #244  
PurpleSunshine

Kim -
Thanks for the info. I guess a little tea then won't hurt her - She does have juice at daycare, so I minimize the sugar at home.....
Old 02-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #245  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Just got back from my WI and I have actually stayed the same since Friday. I didn't eat the best over the weekend. She did say that when your stressed your endorphins take over and it is harder to lose weight. She said to give it a couple days and I will see the weight moving again.

Found out when my friend joined I got a $50 credit not cash, so I used it today to buy some of their Jetstart coffee drinks, their meal replacement drinks and some biscotti's. Makes for a nice change, but still getting something in your stomach.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #246  
PurpleSunshine

Barbara - you have done so great lately - definitely don't let the maintaining get you down!!! I'm sure you will see something by Friday - You have been so diligent in staying OP - exspecially as many functions as you've been too....

I take it you decided to stay home today? Did you call that job and tell them you weren't coming back??
Old 02-07-2006, 03:14 PM   #247  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Hi guys--I hope you have room for another. I have been obsessed with reading all the LAWL postings since Friday then I finally decide to jump in the the whole server thing kicks in. Anyway--I will post my bio on that page. I started Dec. 30th and am fortunate that hubby is doing it with me. His folks just started stabilization and I am kicking myself for not starting in August when they did. They did great. I have lost 11.2 as of last weds. (I am down to only weighing in weekly--I was stressing myself out to hard at 3x a week). It's funny we are all so different and in so many places but have so many similarities, too. Guess this is it for now.

Last edited by Boo'sMom; 02-20-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:25 PM   #248  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Boo'sMom!!! I take it your dog's name is Boo? I used to have a friend who had a dog named Boo and I just loved her to pieces!
I was also becoming stressed out over the 3x a week WI, so as of today I dropped down to 2x a week and I'll see how that works for me. I found that if I even gained 0.2 from one WI to the next, I was totally thrown off.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:31 PM   #249  
PurpleSunshine

Oh my - it is Tina!! Oh Tina Tina - where have you been my friend???

Lea Ann - - glad you joined us
Old 02-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #250  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Heather Yes, I called and got a hold of the women in HR. She was very surprised and asked are you sure after just one day. I told her everything on how I felt leaving yesterday to the way they do things there to the hours they want you to work. I told her that I had another interview to go to next Thurs and that it was better for me to give a notice now then wait till they have spent more time training me and I still leave. I told her part of the problem I really loved my last position and I really thought this job was going to be like my last and it was nothing like it. She said by law they still have to pay me for yesterday and that she would fill out some paper work and I said I'm not signing any paperwork and to consider it a wash. It's not worth me jeopardizing my unemployment over it. She said she was sure I would do great in what ever position I ended up at, which I thanked her for. Then today some people I know that I used to work with are now telling me that three other people I knew went to work for the same company and quit. Why didn't they tell me this before it would have saved me a wasted day.

You are really doing well also and were all keeping our fingers crossed you win the weight loss challenge.

Welcome Lea Ann you might have not joined when your family did, but sounds like your doing great now. Congrats on losing so much already. Everybody is very supportive and helpful as you have probably read already. Looking forward in chatting with you more.

Last edited by Gamababa3; 02-07-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #251  
PurpleSunshine

Well, I'm glad that she was nice to you - that makes you feel better I'm sure. Hopefully this other position will come through for you - I will keep my fingers crossed.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:45 PM   #252  

Leann-what a great weight loss you have had. So glad you found us! Hope you continue your success and we get to learn more about you.

Hello Ladies How are all you Weight Loss Queens. Have been POP so far and I cant wait to WI tomorrow. I am expecting a loss and am hoping that I broke into the 170's....

Hope you all are OP and still at it. Remember we can do this! and "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS"

Sending lots of weight loss vibes to you all!

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #253  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Heather, you're so sweet! I have been very, very naughty for two weeks and the scale is my proof of that! But I'm back!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #254  
PurpleSunshine

Well I'm glad to see you back - I've ask about you a few times, but I didn't know if you were on vacation or what - we have missed you!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #255  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome back Tina!! Back in the saddle again.....

Bernadette- You and I are both in an epic battle to break into the 170's. GL chickie!

Where is Carmen? She is not still out of town, is she? Big shout out to some of our MIA friends Bre, Sy, Star, Beanie, Andi, Deets, if your are lurking, we miss you guys!!

I am trying to get back to that brand new feeling that I had when I first started LAWL, and wild horses could not have made me cheat. Why did I sign up in the first place? Well, I can be honest. It was all about looks. Health, too, you know, but mainly looks. I want to go buy langerie and not feel ridiculous. I want to be able to wear clothes from any store in the mall. I want to go swimming without a big T shirt over my suit. I want to mow the lawn in shorts and a bikini top. I want to weigh less than my Great Danes. I want to go to my high school reunion this summer and hear people say, "You haven't changed a bit!" Can I do this? You bet! Sometimes it just helps me to remember why I started this in the first place. What do you all want?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote