Old 02-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #196  
Katie

Height: 5'1

WTG Lori, a loss is a loss in my book!

I just tried the berry icebreakers. They are soooo good. With OP candy like this, who needs anything else?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #197  
PurpleSunshine

Katie - that is funny b/c today at lunch - I bought the other sour ones - they are good too - just be careful - b/c they will irritate the top of your mouoth if your not careful. I had bought a container of the tangerine - the ones that have the mints and the gum - and I ate the whole thing - only about 15 mints - but still - the roof of my mouth was so sore - but they were soooo good. I bought some of the berry too this weekend - but haven't tried them yet!!! Go ICEBREAKERS!!!

I'm headed to the gym - See you chickies later!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #198  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Afternoon Chickies!!!!!

Wow we have been talkative today lol. Thats what i like to see just takes me a little while to get caught up. I have decided that i need to spice things up a little bit with my food. I think im starting to get into that same old boring routine. I am a bit hungry this afternoon and i think thats because i had a light lunch but im still POP for the say. Kind of trying to figure out what i want to do with dinner tonight. I feel a cheat coming on but I really have to stay POP this week cause this weekend my boyfriend and I are going out of town our V-Day because its during the week and we dont live in the same city and our schedule is really busy with school and work lol. I will be staying OP as much as possible but I might let myself have a treat if he will let me lol he has been after me to stay POP and i love him for it so its all good. I will try to post Wed, Thursday and Friday night but wont be able to during the day as I will be in a Kindergarten class all day long!!!!!!!!

Rosie~
Where are you going on your trip? For the most part be sure to take your bars as some of the other chicks have already said and make sure you drink lots of water!!! Other than that you will just have to do your best with your food choices when you have them. Dont forget to tell your center you will be out of town/country and to put you on hold for a week and ask them for some tips. Put them to work thats what we are paying them for right??? lol

Mary~
How cute sounds like yall had lots of fun and little boys always love trains however girls are wishy washy on trains lol I was always scared of them as a really young child.

Gama~
Hope you have a better second half of the day at work. Thats nice that you can get online during your lunch hour.

Katie~
Sorry to hear about the car hope everything is alright. GL on being POP today!! WOW on your house payment thats a brighter side to the day huh.

Marisa~
WTG I dont remember if I posted this or not yet but i talked to the pharmacists on Friday at Sam's and he recommended One A Day for Women because it has extra calcium which we really need on this plan. Does anyone else feel like we dont get enough dairy????

Shennie~
Sorry you are having all these problems with the SS dept. But on the upside that means you can have two birthday parties this year right????

Erin~
WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather~
WTG on being so goooooooooood this weekend!!!!!!

To all the Newbies

Ok im off to see if i can find a fruit to eat .......
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #199  
Katie

I often wonder about the dairy, too. Especially after seeing all of the advertisements recently about dairy and weight loss.

You weekend with your BF sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:24 PM   #200  

Mary - how old is your child? I think sometimes docs tend to get a little bit worked up. I have three kids and when their weight seems to be growing faster than their height, they usually catch up eventually. All you can do is what you're doing, which sounds great! Don't beat yourself up.

I agree with the milk thing. I have wondered why we eat so little calcium. Interesting...

I have been POP today (after 2 days on the FF program) and am feeling good. I need a big loss this week as my motivation is lacking. Thanks to ya'll for the inspiration!

Go chicas!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #201  

Hi all-I posted in the Roll Call but thought I'd come in here, too to say hello. I'm 37, married, in Texas. I started the plan a week ago and am LOVING it. I was very skeptical at first (cost, bars, scam accusations) but so far it's been great. Any plan has some drawbacks.

I have read lots of your posts for inspiration and guidance this past week - I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Thanks,
Ange
pinkflamingo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #202  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Cool Got Milk

Oh, Mary, I would love if that's how it worked out: milk for LA bars. I am SOOOO missing my milk - it's the hardest part of this plan for me. Even harder than giving up the Mtn. Dew (which I did cold turkey - YIKES). My family of 4 used to drink 10 gallons of milk per week - we joked about buying a cow! .

Welcome aboard, Ange. You'll find this a great place to be!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #203  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Default Shennie- Turbo Jam

Hey there
I know you are really busy lately and probably dotn have much time for working out, LOL! But, how did you find Turbo Jam? Do you like it? I saw the infomercial for the first time today and it looks a lot like Tae Bo, which is ok, I just get bored of it. I will start back exercising one of these days, LOL!!!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #204  

Heather~ I think most of the Ken’s items are low sodium and they have fat free. I had never been able to find it, but I was at a grocery store by DBF’s and thought I would try again and I found the whole collection!

Barbra~ glad the job is turning out all right, I don’t know how you do it without a radio though, I cut mine on the second I get in.

Hykchick~ Indiana summer makes an apple juice that is not from concentrate and Tropicana and Florida’s best are both not from concentrate too.

Britt~ I love kindergarteners, they are so oblivious to the bad world around them and everyone is their best friend. You know I don’t like milk so I don’t really get in much dairy anyhow, but every time I see one of the 3 a day commercials I really wonder if LAWL is too little in the dairy dept. also in “real life” is vanilla ice cream a diary?

Mary~ from the pic you posted of Eli he looked about average child size. You are doing excellent and he seems to have well-balanced meals. Also don’t forget that kids do kind of stretch out some and get leaner between about 2 and 4 years old, so good for you for being so concerned, but I think nature will take care of most of it.

pink

Hey Deets~ missed you, you were MIA for a while. I do like turbojam, but I am not doing it as much as I should…just plain old tired most nights. It is fun and if it is the same set I have, it comes with a lot. I got 8 workouts I think, maybe 9.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #205  

If you like Ken's olive oil vinaigrette dressing, there is a great recipe you might like
Black Beans
white corn
red pepper
green onions
cumin
Ken's Olive oil vinaigrette
For LAWL....measure the portions for protein (beans) corn et.
THis is a great black bean salsa
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:47 PM   #206  

Hi Mary -

I have 3 kids, and I'm also a parent educator (I make home visits to parents w/ kids age birth to age 3).

And I think it's kind of odd that your doctor gave you the BMI for your 2 year old. You shouldn't even be worrying about # of calories and 150 calorie meals. Generally a child this age will not overeat. The tummy sends messages to the brain to tell it that he is full. I know you said he doesn't eat much, so I would not try to limit the food at all. You can always have healthier snacks etc... but remember that FAT for an infant/toddler serves a REAL purpose. It creates a coating over the synapses (connections) in the brain and that makes them permanent. Crystal Light has artificial sweetener in it and children don't need to be exposed to that - plain water is better!

I do understand having to limit the milk - that may also make him eat more. I have a few parents on my caseload who have to do this (or give them the milk AFTER they eat). And going to skim milk is fine as long as he's getting some "good" fat like peanut butter

Anyway - sorry to jump in here - 95%/75% do not seem too far apart to me!
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #207  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I agree Kim...my youngest is a big milk drinker too and we were advised to do the "after you eat your food" route with him and now he knows. My ped recommends a switch to 2% at 2yrs of age, we have ours on 1% but he eats peanut butter every day and lots of whole fat cheese, etc. His percentages sound fine to me as well. with my three boys, they have all had such different percentle readings and you know what? They all even out at some point and as long as they are eating healthy, no worries
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:17 PM   #208  

Deets - are you moving on to stabilization this week? Or at the end of this week?

I'll go in this week and then next, and then I'll go to stabilization as well!
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:31 PM   #209  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Hi Ladies, by now you some are of you are getting ready for bed and I just got home about an hour ago. Let's just say I wasn't impressed with my first day at all. I was so excited to come home to a phone message for a company that I had applied for. There letting me come in and interview next Thurs after work. I have never had such a bad feeling for a company after the first day. There will be times they want me to work till 6-7 at night and not get paid for it, which I understand, but then when I asked what if I need to leave a couple of hours early for an appt, they had the nerve to tell me I would have to put in a request to have them dock me 2 hrs. So they want you to work more for them, but they can't work with you in the same manner. Most of what they do are so out dated you have to fill out a form for just about everything and there are so many steps to just process an order. I told my husband I should have known the interview process went to easy now is the real test of the company. Shennie I agree with you I can't stand to be with out a radio playing. I have never worked for a office position where you couldn't have one as long as it was low. I was thinking how would I make it through the Christmas holidays with now Christmas music. Sorry to ramble on I'm just so disappointed that I gave up my unemployment and was happy for this company. Lets pray tomorrow is better. Hope you all had a great day and I'll chat with you as soon as I can. Hopefully I will make it to weigh in tomorrow.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:47 PM   #210  
Katie

Barb, sorry your first was disappointing. That sucks. Hope tomorrow is better!!

Mary, I agree with the other girls. Don't stress about it. Eli is fine. My 4 year old is so tiny that she does not even register on the height chart, and her weight is at the 5th percentile. WIC scared me so bad about her size one time that I went straight to our Dr. with her. He told me that height weight charts do not really mean that much with little children, and not to be concerned. On Eli eating like a bird, ask him to make a fist. His stomach is about the size of that little fist. That is why little kids need to eat often, because they cannot eat a whole lot at a time. You are doing a great job with Eli.

Deets, How is Ultra Strict going?

Welcome Pink!!!

Kim- Stabilization? Wow, can't wait to get there!!

Have a great POP night everybody!!!! Katie