Old 02-06-2006, 01:24 PM   #181  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow!!! The money was correct, it was for an insurance overpayment. So I made double payments on the cars to put them ahead. Bonus for me!! I decided to use it for bills fast, or I would use it for something dumb, and be sorry later. I could not find the herbox, so I bought Wylers low sodium, but I don't think it is as low as herbox.

Erin, excellent loss! How exciting!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:25 PM   #182  
Katie

Welcome Stiesta!!! Congrats on the 19 pounds. I know it hard when the losses slow down, but be patient if you can, they will come.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #183  
PurpleSunshine

Stiesta - I know how hard it is to quit reading sometimes - it is just so great to have people that support you!! Congrats on the 19 lbs!! I'm about in the same boat as you - I think when you start on the downhill of the loss - it gets a little slower - but you can do it - just remember as long as the scale is moving in the right direction - so are you!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #184  

Thanks for the warm welcome, sistas! This is awesome!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #185  

Heather, Just have to say..........you are so encouraging to everyone. Your posts are always so nice
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #186  

Welcome Stiesta!
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shennie_97
I hope it works, because I am sooo frustrated and I have to be out of my place by May 1 and I need to get this done. I am tempted to just have them roll the cost over into my loan, but I have to buy points then……I would say something bad about the govt. right now, but I am scared they might be watching me after how evil I was in the office today why me?!?
I know what you mean. When my son was born, my husband filled out the paperwork for his birth certificate. He has HORRIBLE handwriting, and whatever poor soul at the SS office could not read my husband's writing and misspelled my son's name. I had to file for an amended birth certificate and social security card, and anytime he needs to get copies of either, he has to tell them the "original" and also the "amended" names in order to verify it. It was a nighmare getting it straigthened out, not to mention draggin an infant to wait for an hour at the SS office. I feel your pain!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #188  
PurpleSunshine

Leah - Thanks - I just love to help encourage and see people succeed!!! I know I have alot of motivation right now - so it helps me to stay motivated as well - I just think all of us on here have a reason to be proud of ourselves!!! When I went to WW I always wanted to be a leader - to help others, but I could never get to my goal. That was always something I wanted in the end. I just enjoy being a motivator I guess.......Thanks for the comments - they mean alot!!

Oh I forgot to say also - that all the chickies on here have helped me too at one time or another - so I want to be able to return the favor if I can...
Old 02-06-2006, 02:23 PM   #189  

thaks for the encouragement stiesta and you will love it around here.

Heather, you are such a kind soul...I can only imagine that Savannah will be just like mommy

I must be full of waterfrom that salt yesterday..I have been to the bathroom with a FULL bladder 5 times in the past 4 hours and that is with me trying to hold it. I also have gotten in 76 oz of water so far, but I ussaly drink about 50 by now and I still don't go like this.

I made some chicken for my salad for lunch and the smell of chicken just was not working for me today. I have to think of something to eat later to make up for the missed protein, but I just couldn't do it.

I finally found some of the Ken's salad dressing that the LAWL success book mentions and it is delicious
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #190  
Katie

I used the Morningstar Steak Strips to make stir fry for lunch. It was really good. Mary, I also made your berry pita cobbler. YUM!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #191  
PurpleSunshine

Shennie - Please do shed some light on the Ken's salad dressing - is it any of the Ken's Lite ones? Just wondering - I always like spicing things up with different flavors. I was at the store the other day and I've always been a ranch or honey mustard girl, but I love that ginger dressing at the japenese steakhouses - I wonder if they sale that anywhere as low sodium?? haha - yea right!!!

Katie - Those steak strips were going to be my next adventure in the veggie proteins.....and is that berry pita cobbler in the recipes?? I don't remember it, but I know Mary posts alot of her stuff in the "friends" thread too??
Old 02-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #192  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

I all at lunch. This company makes you take a hour lunch and everyone is gone out of the office but me. So I sit and type. Today has gone by pretty slow and it's only 12:45. They won't let you play a radio so I'm sitting in silence. It's only the first day so I'm sure after the first couple of weeks it will get better.

Stiesta welcome you will find this site a GREAT place to visit often.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes on my first day at a new job.

Erin congrats on the almost 4lbs weight loss that's great news!

Heather congrats on doing well at SB. I know it's hard not to give in to temptation. Oh yeah for winning the $100 extra bonus I did pretty good, but not perfect. I did try some of the 7 layer bean dip with about 4 chips and then ate my cheese and crackers. They made a roast and baked potatoes so I had that for dinner with a salad. Since I didn't make it to the center today I weighed at home and was only down .8 ozs. I think I'll weigh in tomorrow if I have time, if not I might stretch it out this week. I have stayed on plan today. Glad you found the bouillon, but surprised they didn't have the low sodium.

Shennie so sorry to hear about the hassles your still going through with the SS office. I sure hope you don't have more problems with the IRS.

Repo happy the bank figured out the problem and the money should be in your acct and not someone else's.

Hi to everyone else I might have missed. Off to find something else to do for another longggg half hour.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #193  
Katie

The honey mustard is great, I agree. The berry cobbler is 3/4 c mixed frozen berries microwaved for 4-5 minutes. They get really juicy and hot. Mix in one packet of splenda, and crumble in 1 ww pita. Stir well, and let sit for a few minutes for the pita to soak up the juice. Then of course, top with FF Cool Whip. F,S, Condiment
Old 02-06-2006, 04:02 PM   #194  
PurpleSunshine

Barb - Oh, I did find the Low sodium in the chicken - they just didn't have it in the beef. Sorry your day is going so slow - but hopefully after you get a schedule down pat - it will go alot quicker!! It is weird to see you post and it is lunch time and I'm preparing to leave before long!!

Katie - Forgot to say AWESOME about the money -those kind of suprises are the best!! Thanks for posting that berry recipe - that sounds sooooo yummy.....

Mary - i will have to try that one too - I've been buying the Ocharley's reduced fat honey mustard dressing from Super Target - it is wonderful!!!
I've been searching online for the Japanese ginger dressing - found several recipes - now the trick is to figure out how to make it OP - I don't think it will be too hard, but I don't think it is something I would be able to have on a regular basis either.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:21 PM   #195  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Talking More horn tooting!

Welcome, Stiesta! You will find this a great place to be - I've only been here a week, and already it's like a second home to me!

WooHOO! It seems silly to be excited about .6 loss at WI today, but I was just happy I lost. I've got TOM coming next week, and with the superbowl yesterday (YAY Steelers!) I thought I might have overdone it on the starches and sodium. I did get chastised for drinking juice from concentrate - too much sugar, but it is sooo hard to find "not from concentrate" juice, and I'm just not a fruit eater. I bought their mixed berry smoothie powder today - it seemed a little slimey (graphic image here - kinda like snot ) but after I added some strawberries and a TBS of FF Coolwhip, it was pretty good!

Hope everyone has a POP day!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote