Old 01-25-2006, 01:39 PM   #1  

Default Reassure me that more fod can + WL!?

I am still hovering around 141 - 141.5 for the past week and a half or so.

On Monday she suggested I get rid of any tea and limit to one diet coke. Did that til today - nothing actually up .2 from Monday, but when I go during the day, it never is the same depending on what I eat.

So I mentioned about dropping the fruit and veg and gain 1/2 protein like the other center recommended we might look at.

The counselor today wants me to really watch the sodium til Sat and see where we are then. She said then she will talk to the nutritionist and see if maybe I need to go up to the blue plan (between red and gold I am told - never heard much about blue on here) because with the exercise I have added in the past 2-3 weeks maybe I am not getting enough food. I do not exercise more than 5 hours and she said red would definitely be way too much.

I know in theory it makes sense, more food so my body isn't holding on to what I have, but...on the other hand I don't get it either.

Advice?? Been there?? I did slim down for a few days, nothing....I know that when you get to the end, it slows down a lot, I always keep up with Deetsmom My original goal was 10 lbs for my 5 week program, getting me to 137.8 - that is over in 1 week and I certainly am not there.

I want to look at continuing to drop a few more - can
t go any lower than 133 for sure, but I wonder if that will be almost impossible to drop more. I honestly do follow plan and do watch sodium, not sure how I can cut out anymore. I don't want everything I lose to be just water weight that will come back.

Ok, sorry to ramble...not sure what direction to go in right now.

Thanks for all your great help!

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #2  

Tried to edit, sorry for the misspelling of food in the title! My + should also be an = I am just screwing it all up!!

Maybe you can edit the title and I just don't know how.

Sheila
Old 01-25-2006, 01:54 PM   #3  
PurpleSunshine

I can't comment on everything, but I know that your body definitely needs some more food when you are working out - you are burning what you have and if your building muscle then your body is continuing to burn calories all day. Not sure about the plans, but I have definitely seen where more food can = more weight loss - good luck to you. I'm sure you have probably slowed down a little due to being so close to goal also.
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #4  

If you are only maintaining and not really gaining i would say definitely trying a little more food would help. blue is only 1/2 protein and starch more and might just give you the boost you need.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:05 PM   #5  

Thanks ladies! I wasn't sure what the difference was in blue, so thanks Shennie for that. Guess I will just have to wait til Sat and see what happens!

Sheila