Old 12-13-2005, 04:19 PM   #1  

Default I can't afford this diet

I really want to try LA Weightloss but I called and it would be around $400.00 for me to lose 50lbs. And that is 50% off the regular cost.
fatgirl_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:45 PM   #2  

From what I understand, they WILL work with you if you don't have all the money up front. Just keep on saying - I can't afford that -- and see what happens? It may end up costing more in the long run, since you may not be eligible for the 50% off price, but at least you can try it and see if you like it.

Good luck!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:48 PM   #3  

That is what I thought too, but when I told her that I couldn't afford that much up front she said okay and hung up. Maybe I should try back.

Last edited by fatgirl_79; 12-13-2005 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:57 PM   #4  

write now there is a $3 special going on, if the center you called si saying they don't have it...go to the laweightloss website and you can print out the coupon and take it there.

for 50 lbs, you are looking at about 25 weeks of weightloss+ 6 weeks of stabilization +52 weeks of maintenance. wich should be about $250.

Also you can start off with a lower WL amount if you'd like and you can always buy more weighloss weeks later (but $3 is the best deal they ussually ever have)
you can also go in and negotiate your plan. some people have only done a few of the maintenacne weeks and that really cuts down on the amount.

Please know that there are other things that they will try to sell you after this...just so you won't be surpirsed. The protein bars, supplements, etc are additional, but you DO NOT need them to loose, plenty of people have done it without them.

If you know anyone who is doing the program, there is also a friends and family discount, but i don't know if that applies when you get a discount to start.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirl_79
That is what I thought too, but when I told her that I couldn't afford that much up front she said okay and hung up. Maybe I should try back.
is there another center close to you. I don't like the fact that she just hung up when you said you can't afford it. They at least try to go for a sale ussually, that was just poor business
Old 12-13-2005, 05:18 PM   #6  

There are several locations in the area I work but this one is 2 minutes from my office and I could weigh in on my lunch breaks because I don't have time to go after work. She said the price was normally $10 a week but they were 50% off right now also she said I would have to pay $69.99 sign up fee.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:21 PM   #7  

yeah, i forgot about the sign-up lab fee. but still you should be able to get the weeks for the $3 with the coupon. And the reason I had said to check out aonther center was becaus eI just don't like the centers that are "sales focused" but that is my personal opion, so don't let it hinder you.

I Weigh-in at luch and that works great for me, so I understand how important that is.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:21 PM   #8  

Well, I bought the entire plan off of ebay. Maybe you could try that. Just use the boards here as your support system. My package had everything...all colors, recipe for different meals, recipe for juice, carbocravers, fast food list, frozen food list and so much more. Including shipping it was only about 42 bucks!
cmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #9  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

No disrespect cmuller, but thats not the entire plan..the one on one counseling (for those of us who have good centers) and the financial investment is part of the program. The accountability of going in three times a week and having someone to trouble shoot with (I have a fairly competent center and appreciate their help in addition to the support here) and determine my plan direction are HUGE in terms of the program. I also have a tendency to be much stricter because I have made a financial investment that I do not intend to waste. I think some people CAN do it on their own, but would not dissuade someone from going in to check things out first hand..just my two cents.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 06:35 PM   #10  
banned

Also, when you say you cant afford the program...think about what you spend money on. Are you current food habits inline with spending money on prepackaged foods, take out, fast food? All that costs a lot of money, so do the health complications that can arise from staying overweight. Money can be an obstacle certainly, but think about your end-goal and ask if maybe its not just an excuse (???) $3/wk is a bargain for all you will get, believe me.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #11  

No $3/week isn't that bad, but at the center I would go to it is $5/week right now, normally $10/week. Plus from what I have now heard from others they will try to push the bars and supplements on me. I can do this on my own. I just have to have will power. I have to want better for myself. I would rather spend that $400 on my son than at LAWL.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:42 PM   #12  

I felt that way too about money better spent on family things. That's why i figured that 42 bucks wasn't so bad, and really....knowing that I can't afford all of that money up front is what's motivating me to make this work on my own. My son is 13....how old is yours?
Old 12-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #13  
banned

I hear you, I have three sons...but my health is ultimately paramount..if they have a heavy, unhappy mommy I am not helping them..just my opinion though.

You can get the coupon on the website for $3/wk through 12-31-05. The centers MUST honor that coupon. Pressure is applied for products by SOME centers, but is NOT mandatory and lots of us do NOT buyt he products. All I am saying is that sometimes will power isnt all thats needed (coming from someone who did every diet on their own over the years and did WW for 2 years previous). eBay materials and the free advice here from people who pay a lot of money for the program is only half the deal in my opinion. Just my opinion though.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:00 AM   #14  

those are are very valid points. and, if you could actually pay $3 week that would be great. but, some people don't have a $500 to pay up front. This is where i'm saying that you have to make changes within yourself. I am getting the same health benefits from the weight loss that you are even though i am not going to a center. Correct me if i'm wrong...but you seem a bit bitter that people are getting things off of ebay....especially with that "free advice" comment. my understanding was that we are here to support each other, i'm sorry if i (and others) can't afford the center. And by all means, please know that you are not required to give us any "free advice."
Old 12-14-2005, 07:47 AM   #15  
banned

Not bitter at all...I am an ebay powerseller actually, so thats an ironic comment. This is a VERY supporting board. Like everyone else said, the centers do work with you and there is no substitute, IN MY OPINION, for the real thing.