Newbie has a question

• Hi ladies, I've really enjoyed reading all of your posts and they have helped me immensely. My question is this...When I started LAWL my COD started me on the gold plan with lites (I have about 40# to lose total). When I told them I would not be doing the lites they switched me to purple w/no lites. I was told that since I was switched I couldn't go back and forth in other words I would never be able to do the bars unless I switched to a different plan (back to gold). They are big lite pushers at my COD by the way. Ok getting back to the point . There are some nights (after 7) when I workout at Contours Express (it is a chain gym kinda like Curves) I was wondering if I wanted to have a Luna bar with my mid PM snack how would I count it. I wouldn't dare tell my center that I wanted to add any kind of protien bars with great fear of being talked down to. Ok sorry I'm rambling again . Would I count a Luna bar as a Starch and a Protien or a Starch and a Fruit or a Protien and a Fruit etc...? Thanks so much in advance for any light you can shed on this subject for me.

Julia
  • I thought it was a starch and a fruit....but I'm not sure....I know mine are huge lite pushers and if you don't buy them they treat you different
  • I think Gymgurl is right. My first guess was a starch and a fruit.
    I see you're from Virginia Beach, Julie...our corporate office is there so I've visited a few times.
  • Didn't know that either - but thanks for the info - So, let's say if we do the lites on our program - what if we have an extra one - would it just be counted as 1S and 1F in that scenario too? Probably , but just wanted to ask -
  • hi Julia,

im not to sure on what you would count it as, but i am starting to thing that i am really lucky to have the center i do. I am going in for WI in a couplke of hours and i will ask for you, my girls are great at the center. I have changed plans often, includin swithing from using bars, to not using them, then just one a day, but now im back onto 2 a day, to help my sweet cravings. i know that you can have a extra biscotti or something else everyonce in awhile on the plan as long as you count it. But i would think it would be a fruit and a starch.

i will ask and post here, when i get back

angela
  • Thanks Angela
  • I would count as PSF to be safe by that's just me. Really couldn't tell you as they're not on plan.
  • Protein, starch and a fruit? That would be way to high in calories.......
  • That's exactly what happened to me - I was put on Gold, but when I told them no lites, they put me on purple.

What I did was just continue to follow gold and eat my own bars. Then I just fibbed a bit in the purple journal. So if you still have the gold plan, just do that on the days you have the bars.
  • slimmerKim,

I do the SAME thing
  • Quote: That's exactly what happened to me - I was put on Gold, but when I told them no lites, they put me on purple.

What I did was just continue to follow gold and eat my own bars. Then I just fibbed a bit in the purple journal. So if you still have the gold plan, just do that on the days you have the bars.
    Thanks slimmerKim! Now why didn't I think of that