Pita Pocket Paridse

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • LOL ok so I have had a little bit of extra time on my hands this afternoon who knew..... Anyway if you buy Kangaroo pita pokcets on the back of the package there is information about the pita pocket diet and so of course i want to go check out the web page and guess what you can get recipe's there how fun.... anyway im not sure what the policy is here for sharing of web pages but im gonna put the link here anyway lol http://www.pocketdiet.com/

Here is a recipe they had you would have to adjust it just a little to fit into LAWL but still great idea.....

Pizza Panini Pocket
    (Kaganroo Recipe Contest Winner Roxanne Chan - Albany, CA)

Ingredients

8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
    3 Tbsp pizza sauce
    2 Tbsp minced green onion
    2 Tbsp diced black olives
    3 ounces sliced pepperoni
    6 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
    1 small green bell pepper, seeded, cut into thin strips
    6 Kangaroo pita pockets
    2 Tbsp olive oil

Preparation

In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and pizza sauce till well blended

Stir in the onion and olives

Spread 3 Tablespoons of the cheese mixture into each pita

Fill the pitas with the pepperoni, mozzarella and bell pepper.

Brush the outsides of the pocket bread with the olive oil.

Cook the sandwiches 2-3 minutes per side in a large skillet or until the cheese melts.
    Servings: 6
    Prep Time: 15 minutes

Nutritional Info

Calories: 176
    Total Fat: 7g
    Saturated Fat: 3g
    Cholesterol: 42mg
    Sodium: Approx 500mg depends on meat
    Total Carbohydrates: 4g Dietary Fiber: Trace
    Sugars: 2g
    Protein: 24g

Ok so im off to look at the rest of the site just wanted to let you chicks know of a place for new recipe's.
  • Britt - GROAN -- now, I'll never be happy with just putting cheese on my pita's anymore. I'd never thought of brushing the outside and heating them up. You could even play around with a tuna melt. . . (not sure that 6oz of tuna would FIT in a 4" inch pita, but still . .)
  • Thanks Britt - can't wait to try some of these and look for myself -
  • Wow - I've looked at several of the recipes on that site and they look so wonderful and so easy to adapt to make OP......yummy yummy - I can't wait to try to egg pita in the morning....
  • They do look yummy dont they!! you will enjoy your egg pita pocket its great but since i have had it the past what 3 days lol i think im gonna go for something different this morning lol.
  • I think I'm going to try that and maybe spice it up a little tomorrow morning - I can't wait - hoping to find the garlic and herb LC cheese today
  • Good Luck finding it! If you dont find it go ahead and use the original flavor and maybe add some of your own seasonings to it.
  • How do you count the Laughing Cow?
  • Thanks for this website I see several recipes that I would like to try.
  • Katie I count each triangle as 1 oz so for me thats 1/2 D They are really only 3/4oz but i still count as 1 and then maybe add a little bit more for whatever im using as my other 1/2 D. And Tee your welcome let us know what you try and how you like it.
  • Britt that website had so many good looking recepies on it. I cant wait to try them out
  • No fair Brit - I'm jealous - I only get 1oz = 1 D......now I'm sad....I'm such a cheese lover....
  • I thought that all plans got 2 oz for their dairy. What color are you on?
  • I'm on gold - it says 1 oz = 1D
  • Wow, too bad!