Old 12-12-2005, 09:42 PM   #1  

Default LAWL Cookbook

I was just wondering, for those of you who own the LAWL cookbook, do you think it is worth it to buy the LAWL cookbook? I was thinking about buying it, but want to know if the recipies are good. I am mainly looking for dinner and dessert recipies. Thanks.
JenKaits Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:31 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Its ok...I bought one on ebay, copied out a few and re-sold it- LOL...NOT a lot of desserts..youd be better off combing through the posts here.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:55 AM   #3  

I'm with deeta (Includign the coping and resaleling...but I copied the whole book in case my tastes change in the future )

I think that I like making my own stuff up more, but check the recipe thread here and ask away, we might eb able to help some.

If your center has the 10 visit coupon thing going on, get one that way. (then make copies and sell it on e-bay )
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:19 PM   #4  

Thanks for the advice, I think that I will stick to searching the threads for recipies and trying to adapt WW recipies to my plan, something that I still need to practise!
JenKaits Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 01:28 PM   #5  

just keep playing wiht the recipes. You will find you can easily substitute things once you get the hang of it. Plus i have found that fat suggested for most recipes is not necessary.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:59 PM   #6  
Awesome Super Cool Member

S/C/G: 305/251/204.5

I've finally decided to go ahead and cook from the cookbook. The two I have tried so far have been quite good. I'm planning on cooking one tonight. If you want the recipes that I have tried and even a picture of the meal, let me know.

As for the deserts--the recipes all look yucky!
applegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:07 PM   #7  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I'm new here and I've only been in LAWL for four weeks now. I've been following the postings since I discovered this site about two weeks ago and I can't put off joining in any longer.

The center I attend showed me a new cookbook that will be coming out after the first of the year. They even let me take it home. The new one has greatly improved over the previous one. They added a lot of new recipes with a few of the old ones. There's also recipes that are for more than one serving. They even added in more deserts, some that I would even consider REAL deserts!

So if anyone is thinking about buying the current book, I would recommend waiting until the new one comes out. The center didn't know how much it will cost, but they thought it would be similar to the other one which is $28.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:34 AM   #8  
LAWL Center Manager

I agree...the new cookbook that will debut in 2006 is absolutely wonderful! If you haven't purchased one yet, I would suggest waiting for the new one!
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:54 AM   #9  

dawn

come on over to the monthly thread and meet everyone else.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:08 PM   #10  

I just joined LAWL two weeks ago and just found this site, I'm so glad I did for I have been trying to get one of those cookbooks but my center has been out of them. Now I know to just wait for the new one. That explains why they have been out of them for two weeks now.

What is the Monthly thread?
LaurieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 08:53 AM   #11  

Hi Laurie and Welcome!

The monthly thread is called 'LAWL Losers and Friends, is usually close to the top of the forum page, and has the current month in the title.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2005, 03:07 PM   #12  

i have the cookbook and my husband cooks meals out of it. we have not used it as much as i would have liked so far, but it is worth it i think.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:11 PM   #13  

I didn't realize you had to pay for the cookbook. At the Canadian Centres (well mine anyways in Ottawa) I got it free after the first week. I can't wait to see the new one. I wasn't overly impressed with the one I got.
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #14  

Height: 5'9"

Hi, I'm new hear. I started LAWL on December 28, 2005, so far everything is going good. In regards to the new LAWL cookbook does anyone know when it comes out. I just bought the old one today and the manager/counselor said nothing about a new cookbook. I wonder if they would exchange it.
Bogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:52 PM   #15  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Bogieboo- once you leave the center with something, its no-backs There is a lot of mixed reports about the cookbooks...my center says nothing is new, others here have gotten a new one..others report that they wont be out for months...very odd.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote