Old 01-17-2006, 09:42 AM   #811  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Karen, What a great dress. You are going to blow everyone away!

Norissa, Glad today is a better day!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #812  

Karen that is beautiful and you will make it look so much better!!
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:48 AM   #813  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl
Norissa, Glad today is a better day!

So far anyway ...
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:13 AM   #814  
Katie

So DH gets up at 11:30 last night, announces he is hungry, and we never have anything to snack on in this house (celery stick, anyone? ) and makes a batch of peanut butter cookies from a mix he finds in the cupboard, leaves the dishes in the sink, and half a pan of cookie bars sitting on the counter. HELLO? How rude can you possible be? Well, I am getting him back. By the time he drags his sorry behind out of bed, they will be gone. No, no, not by me. I am letting the kids eat them for breakfast, along with the daycare kids. You know, when he does things like this I must ask myself, Does he ever want to see me naked again?
Old 01-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #815  
PurpleSunshine

Repo -
You make me laugh so hard. I totally understand the "nothing in the house" comments, but there really is - just not what he wants....hehehehe You would think he would be doing everything in his power to keep you making progress - I would tell him just for that evil tricke - your adding two days to the end of whenever you meet your goal!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:48 AM   #816  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone...

Karen, beautiful dress!

Carm
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #817  
PurpleSunshine

okay gals - finally got my avatar working......yeah!!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 11:14 AM   #818  
Katie

Yeah, no kidding Heather. Actually, I think that he got himself back. After I wrote the last post, I took my little boy to school. When I got back, DH was in the bathroom begging for mercy. I guess a half a pan of cookie bars in the middle of the night is hard on the tummy. Poor guy...NOT!

Heather- You are so cute! Glad you put up the pic.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #819  
PurpleSunshine

Hey Repo - I just got back from lunch and tried looking for that Pizza seasoning you talked about - I'm making those pizza pockets tonight for dinner - where do you find that - what brand is it? Just wondering if we would have it around here anywhere.......

Thanks for the compliment
Old 01-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #820  
Katie

Heather- I bought it at Winco in the bulk stuff. It is just called Pizza Seasoning, it was about 3.00 a pound.

Where is everyone today? Do you all have jobs, or what, LOL. Andi, Beanie, Star, Shennie, Carmen, Sy, Britt, Mary, Fiona, Deets, and the rest of you, come on out and play! Our thread has really slowed down lately.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:28 PM   #821  

I'm here, I'm here!

Karen, I LOOOOOOOVE your dress! I wish I could get married again just so I can pick out another dress. I didn't even go dress shopping the first time around, I found a picture in a wedding mag that I immediately fell in love with, and had my aunt, who is a seamstress, make my dress for me. The only regret I have is that the design was probably not the most appropriate for my body type at the time.

I was down some more today - I'm purposely NOT tracking every .2 that shows up on the scale, but I did zip right by the 214s into the 213s this week! Need to update my siggy.

Big challenge coming up, though - the year-end banquet for a club I belong to is on Saturday, and they're having an ITALIAN BUFFET!!!! Suggestions? Eating ahead won't work too well, as check-in is at 4:00, dinner starts at 5:00 and the whole thing will probably go until 8 or 9 at night. I'm hoping they have some sort of green salad option, but who knows? This is the first time I've gone to this event.

Have a good day everyone - I'll be checking in regularly.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:46 PM   #822  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Hi All, I decided to relax more this AM and since I'm in CA you guys are all usually up and chatting way before my time. I got called for a job interview that I go on Thurs. I'm pretty nervous about it as I hate interviewing. I know it will be with 3 different people for about 1 1/2 hours. I hope I do well. I wish I could stay home for a few more months before I get back to work, but my hubby needs me working to help keep the bills down. My new scale came in last night and it is much nicer. It's funny last night it had me at 219.4 and this morning it has me at 213.6. Both of my scales show about the same, yet the one at the center always has me higher. I didn't eat as much as I should have due to all that has to be prepared for this interview and when I get nervous I'm not hungry. They sent me all the paper work to pre fill out, which will help. I have noticed this thread as really slowed down also.

Heather like you pic glad you posted it.

Karen really pretty wedding dress.

Repo I would have been upset at my hubby also, but mine wouldn't have made them by his self. Glad you weren't tempted by the cookies.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #823  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Fiona – Congrats on being down more! Good luck at the Italian buffet. OMG that would be so hard for me!

Katie- Im here just really busy. We had to put my mom in the hospital and my dad is homebound so just trying to take care of things. Sounds like you had a great time at Jackpot! Im jealous! LOL As for the hubby and cookies, sounds like my dh! Argg. Too funny he got sick though! LOL

Hi Carmen! How have things been going for you?

Karen _ ditto to everyones comments that dress is beautiful!

Norissa – where is that butt kickin smilie when you need it! Hey you can get back on track I know it! The key is not using this as way to go off plan totally just pick yourself up and move on. Lemon Water Lemon Water!

Shennie _ Im sure that once your body gets accustomed to working out like that you will start losing, but keep in mind muscle weighs more than fat!

Hi Star! Send me a margarita would ya I need it! LOL

Purple Pirate Yet another hottie (you are) to add to this boards list!

Leah _I have been really bad with my water this week too! Ugg

Britt – our school starts today! But we wont get busy here in my office for a couple of weeks.

Andi – good to see you post again! Welcome back!

Sy – I too hope that the dr can figure out whats going on!

Sarah – that’s great to see a four size clothes loss. I still am in the same clothes and I have lost 40 something pds.

Mom of threeboys - the food does seem like a lot at first to get used to. I told my counselor there was no way I would lose eating that much food!! But I did. She was right we have to eat enough for our body to burn so it doesn’t go in starvation mode. Your body will get used to things soon. And 9 lbs in a little over a week is great!!
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #824  

Heather~ glad to put a pic with the posts.

Katie~ at DH

Fiona~ you are doing great I can’t help about the buffet, but my mouth is now watering thinking of an Italian buffet

Gama~ congrats on the interview. You will be fine, just get some notes down before hand so you won’t be so nervous.

Beanie~ Hope you DM is doing better soon. Have you actually tried to try on new clothes. I think we get used to our clothes and don’t realize how small we have gotten sometimes. It surprised the heck out of me when I found out I was down in sizes.

Ok exercise people. I am still stuck and have basically gained about 2 lbs since I have started working out. I know that I am probably being a brat and I should wait some more time, but it has been 4 days of POP and cardio. How much do you have to exercise to have to eat more food, because I don’t think I am anywhere near that amount?

COD told me to do TO today and tomorrow so I am doing it (using orange juice). I was so happy to see that 153 and knew I would see 152.8 the next day, the 155’s are depressing the heck out of me. But at least I am enjoying turbojam enough to do it everyday
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:22 PM   #825  
PurpleSunshine

Wow ladies - Thanks for the wonderful compliments.....glad to just be part of the group..

Gama - You will do great - just keep positive thinking....

Shennie - don't get discouraged - the weight will flucuate at first with the working out - just think - in one week from now - you could be down 5!!! If not - just know that your clothes will be fitting so much better!!! I'm doing both cardio and weights - on different days - so my weights flucuate too a little....Good luck and keep up the TurboJam...

Mrs Beanie - Good to see you come out!!!! Thanks again for the nice compliment....

Having a great day today - fixing the pizza pockets tonight for dinner - can't wait!! Was craving something sweet earlier - and just chewed some sugar free gum - really really really really hard!!! hahahahaha...

Repo - we don't have anything called Winco's - I guess I will keep looking around - I'm sure I'll find something at one of the higher end stores.....but in the mean time I will just use the garlic and onion powder along with some italian seasonings....should still be good.....