3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - January 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/71273-lawl-losers-friends-january-2006-a.html)

LaurieK 01-02-2006 08:26 PM

Thanks for the great advice. I know I'm a role modle for my kids and have not been for so long. They are 12 and 15 and very petite and can eat just about anything. I will try the and potatoe to the meal and some of the others. My DH always has to have his meat & potatoes.

OK what is a Fish Taco?

LaurieK 01-02-2006 08:26 PM

Thanks for the great advice. I know I'm a role modle for my kids and have not been for so long. They are 12 and 15 and very petite and can eat just about anything. I will try the and potatoe to the meal and some of the others. My DH always has to have his meat & potatoes.

OK what is a Fish Taco?

LaurieK 01-02-2006 08:27 PM

OOPs hit the button twice!!!

nikkijo 01-02-2006 08:48 PM

okay i went to my appointment tonight and had a WI. I was not expecting that. I especially was not expecting the 4 pound weight gain since saturday!!! How embarrassing:o They just moved up my beginning weight. How depressing.

deetsmom 01-02-2006 09:12 PM

Had you dont Take Off yet? Dont despair..Ive heard of others on the board with the same problem. If you already did Take Off/Fast Forward, what did you eat?

shennie_97 01-02-2006 09:20 PM

Nikki, if you just started fast forward today, you probably will not see a loss int he evning off the same day...mine doesn't ussually show up until the morning after the 2nd day. Also if you had red meat or pork, it stays on you a little longer (it's harder to digest). You will probably be lower after tommorrow evening. maybe you should try seafood and chicken tommorrow for your meals to have something light and stick to green veggies.

Don't worry it will all work out in the end

Gamababa3 01-02-2006 09:40 PM

Rosie, welcome, you've come to a great board. I've only been here for a few days, but everyone is so supportive & always has good tips.

Nikkijo, Sounds like your doing everything right, I'm sure you’ll have a loss by your next WI. I ended up starting the program today, but wasn't able to do the FF due to my high BP. I did well with my foods and it was easier for me then I thought it would be. I tried a Leans sub meatball for lunch and I totally didn't like the meatballs, but choked them down. I go in tomorrow to be measured for the first time.

Deetsmom, your stuffed bell peppers sound good. I'm not a fan of brown rice, but only had it once. Is it supposed to be crunchy?

A few posts back someone mentioned about a cookbook. I asked my center today and she told me the reason they don't have them is that they are making some changes to them, but couldn't tell me when they would have them. She mentioned next month we would be able to get more recipes on their site.

deetsmom 01-02-2006 09:57 PM

Gamababa: I didnt like brown rice until this year and now I ADORE IT, I wont eat white rice:) It has a great texture that you might come to like. If you have a Trader Joes nearby, they sell a FABULOUS frozen box of it that takes 3 min to cook..my kids love it too!

You can buy the cookbooks on eBay for sure!

Mary- you sound like an AWESOME cook- Im going to have to try this! What brand tortillas do you use? I find it difficult to find the tiny ones low in calories.

shennie_97 01-02-2006 10:41 PM

deets~ I use corn tortillas...they are lower in calories. The one I use are only 30 calories (which is why we would have it out in the centers when they would tell me I have to count the whole thing as 2 starches:devil: )
I started on my own to just use two and count it as 1 starch and I don;t think it has hurt. The ones I get are from the local grocery stores and manufactured here in my city so I don't think they are out were you are, but try corn, they are smaller, less calories, more fiber.

Mom_of_3_Monsters 01-02-2006 10:53 PM

Rosie - :welcome3: I hope that you find the support here that you need ... :carrot:

OK gang ... tomorrow is the day !! I am starting the version of TO that I have from a few years back (basically unlimited protein and green veggies) So keep your fingers crossed for me ! :crossed: I have also tried to plan meals that everyone can eat, it is such a pain trying to cook a seperate meal for myself :dizzy:

I am getting excited about jumping back on the wagon !!! :carrot:

LadyIzzy 01-03-2006 01:56 AM

Hello Chickies,

WELCOME Newbies - you have come to the right place.

Marbear - thanks for another way to use my tilapia and shrimp. Also saw a beautiful lobster tail salad on one of the cooking shows this weekend.

I can't sleep because I have acid reflux. Drinking my cider vinegar and eating tums. So far I am getting some relief. The puppy took a few sips of cider vinegar also. She hasn't eaten her food for the last few days, so that means that she had too many treats from company. We have been totally out of control with the holiday eating. Getting back on track today by throwing all party snacks and wrong food out for the trash pickup this morning. One of my goals for this year is not to cook the traditional food for the holidays and stick to healthy dishes. Usually, the family doesn't want to hear that. But most of them are not overweight either.

Gonna see if I can focus my eyes to read a little and possibly go to sleep. Goodnight chickies.

SyracuseNY 01-03-2006 07:38 AM

Happy New Year's to everyone.

Welcome all the newbies!

Just wanted to say that I faced the scale yesterday by going to the COD (Center of Doom). I started as if I was a new person. Started TO yesterday, today is Day 2 and so far, so good (doing the unlimited proteins and green veggies)! Going back to COD tomorrow to see if this TO is working. I haven't got up the nerve to post my post-holiday weight on here just yet, but promise I will by the end of the week.

Won't be able to post too much, but will be lurking when I can.

Hugs, Sy

sarah135 01-03-2006 07:47 AM

Recipe Book

Does anyone how much is the recipe book? I don't want to pay too much on ebay. And the reason it is not available in the center is because there is a new one out. I saw it a couple days before Christmas at my Center, the girls were looking through it. It should came out this week - they said. Along with new Lites flavors.

I am off to WI, wish me luck - I am not feeling positive about this one.

Sarah

deetsmom 01-03-2006 08:26 AM

They were 24.99 last week at the center, a 20% off sale. I got the "new" one and it was the same as the old one with the differences being in the excahnge counts (bummer).