Old 12-28-2005, 05:09 PM   #31  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Katie..is this it? http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...A36290%3A46338 How does it measure water weight? Ive never heard of that before. Off to Walmart tomorrow though..I am sick of this crappy analog scale. It tells me I am 131 pounds though, LOL!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 05:41 PM   #32  

Heather, yes you must have green leafy veggies. Starchy veggies are not considered veggies on LAWL, they are considered starches (ie corn , potatoes) also canned or prepared veggies aren’t used (due to the sodium in them). Don’t forget to use your morton lite salt rather than regular salt. Dressings should be low fat and under 150 g of sodium per tablespoon (most serving sizes are listed as 2 tablespoons, so pay attention) Catalina light done right by Kraft is my fav besides red wine vinegar. Also its best to stay away from heavy proteins like roast beef for Take off. And when OP try to limit red meat and fatty meat (salmon, catfish, dark chicken) to 2-3 times per week.

Ptspeced- go to the knudsens website and it has a store locator on there.

Deets~ can I borrow your scale, maybe I will be 131 too.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:04 PM   #33  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Deets- No, that is not it. Same brand, though. Mine is white with a silver circle on each corner and the digital display at the top.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:02 AM   #34  
PurpleSunshine

Thanks again Shennie - you have helped me tremendously!!! Well I'm off to a good start - I skipped my coffee this morning and everything -

One more question - can you have the light cheese during TO or is that only during plan? and can I have any coffee with caffeine ? I know one post said you could with fat free creamer - but I wasn't sure if that was including the 2 day take off or not?
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:47 AM   #35  
Katie

Yes, You can have one cup of caffinated coffee during TO. I use a little bit of FF Creamer and a packet of splenda. Also, no I don't think that cheese is okay on TO. Just proteins such as fish and poultry and eggs, and green veggies. The good news is that if you are doing the unlimited, then you can have butter, mayo, lite salad dressing. Good Luck.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:18 AM   #36  
PurpleSunshine

RepoGirl -

Thanks - I'm dragging so bad - b/c of not having any caffeine - I feel like I could just go to sleep on my desk. So far, I've had 2 eggs with a little turkey and of course, my water and juice......

I have roasted chicken and several cut up fresh veggies for lunch.

I just feel so tired...
Old 12-29-2005, 10:23 AM   #37  

heather, your body will adjust eventually, but the caffeine and sugar deprevation gets to everyone at first. But I promise it will get better. I was a pop addict before...didn't like the tast of water and NEVER drank it. would drink nothing over water and now to think I drink 8 or more glasses a day is a ahuge transformation...you can do it
Old 12-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #38  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I'm also on day 2 of TO...and can't wait until the day is over! I'm doing the limited. So far I've had a lite and my juice. After lunch, I'll feel better. I need to get measured tomorrow so I'm hoping TO will help with that.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:03 AM   #39  
PurpleSunshine

well it helps alot to know I can at least have one cup of coffee tomorrow - maybe I just need to get some at lunch to pep me up - not minding the water, juice or the eating - just so sleepy!!!! Glad to know I still have some buddies on TO - I can do this - I know I can.....
Old 12-29-2005, 12:05 PM   #40  
Ripp

Default TO Results

Lost 3 lbs doing limited TO...YEAH! I really need to step it up. I started off really well and now I'm only averaging 1.38 per week. Besides TO, does anyone know a sure fire way to jump start? Proteins in the morning rather than night?

Thanks! You all seem so supportive of one another!

Laurie
Ripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:03 PM   #41  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

YEAH RIPP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope I am as successful when I WI tomorrow.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:13 PM   #42  
PurpleSunshine

Congrats Ripp - I was waiting to see how you did!! WTG!!!

Heather
Old 12-29-2005, 01:18 PM   #43  
Katie

Ripp, When I slowed down a lot recently, the manager of my COD said to try the following for a couple of weeks: Dairynly skim milk, no cheese or yogurt
Protein: Poultry, seafood, egg beaters, no red meat Veggies: No lettuce or celery, mostly dark green stuff Fruit: No bananas or citrus, mainly berries and apples Starchry to use only whole grain products. I did try this, but was not very successful, do to the holidays. Now I am trying to follow as closely as possible, but do enjoy cheese occasionally.

Congrats on the 3 lbs!
Old 12-29-2005, 03:30 PM   #44  

I don't think prteins in the day will help by itself, I would suggest not to have Heavy proteins in the morning, but I think starches and starchy fruits in the morning help, and just smaller meals in the evening. Be sure to save enough food for the evening though because you do not want to get hungry and have to cheat.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:57 PM   #45  

Ripp, the suggestions that I got were to try to keep my starches before 4:00 -- which means dinner is often times just protein and veg. Sometimes, it just helps to mix up your food if you tend to eat the same thing everyday -- switch the types of proteins, types of starches. . .

And also, retry weighing and measuring. . sometimes our eyesight starts to get 'blurry'. . at least it does for me.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote