Old 12-09-2005, 11:10 AM   #1  

Question Can You Really Do This Program on Your Own??

I have been lurking and am wondering whether or not you can buy the LA Weight Loss program info off a site like Ebay and follow it yourself? Is it the accountability at the center or the money your spend that helps or is it the program itself? I started WW last fall but hated it and fell right off that wagon - I'd hate to spend all that $$ and not follow through .

Is anyone doing the program and being successful w/o the center? I am really on the fence and get easily discouraged lately but I have to get rid of this weight. Your thoughts and experiences would really be welcome! Thanks
Loves Saddlebreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:31 AM   #2  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Loves- There are girls here who have done LA on their own and are successful! Personally, I doubt I could be sucessful on my own. Knowing that I am the only one that sees my weight makes it easier for me to fudge and stuff. Paying up front helped me a lot cause I don't want to waste that money. In the long run it costs about the same as WW. When you go in you don't have to go for every pd lost. My neice gave me the heads up and so I told them I only wanted to lose 50 lbs. And I will add weeks when they go on sale (actually already bought another 50 lbs worth!) The lites can be expensive. Lots of girls have found similar bars for less in the stores and just tell their centers a friend gave them her old bars or they bought them cheaper on EBAY. Luckily for me I was allergic to their bars and don't have to take them. I am still gauranteed the 2lb weight loss and will even get my refund if I keep it off. The one on one really helps me keep on track!

Welcome to 3fc LAWL!
Beanie
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:35 AM   #3  

I woudl have to agree with Beanie, I tried all kins of things on my owna nd quit them all. Waht keeps me going now is the fact that I know it works, but at first, the truth is the moeny i spent kept me going and the accountability of weighing in 3 x a week.

If the $ are a problem for you then stay aways fromt he supplments, bars etc and get similar items cheaper from local stores. Right now the cost is only $3 a week (best i have ever seen so it would be pretty cheap)

From hearing whatyou have said about yourself and falling off of WW, I would personally suggest buying at least a few weeks from the centers so you can get into the program strong and be accountable.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Whatever you decide to do, stay close to this forum, and you will get a lot of support, encouragement, friendship, empowerment, ideas, ect. At leat I have. Good luck!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Loves,
I think that it's possible. I would get the information and study it. I do believe that you have to have some discipline and some determination that you are going to make it work.

My initial 12 weeks are up at the end of the year and after that, I don't think that I am going to purchase any more weeks. I have been stuck for a good three weeks, and they keep telling me stuff to try when I am following the program to the letter.

Some centers have great counselors, but ours does not. They are really geared to sells. Which is extremely frustrating. One could really go broke trying to purchase bars, TO drinks, Shakes, supplements, etc. It sounds so convincing too that you need their products to get the best results.

I don't want to sound negative, but I feel that once you learn the basics and what works for your body, you should be able to have great success.

Just my two cents worth.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #6  

Hi Loves Saddlebreds! I just sent you a private message. I have the pdf of the plan if you're interested. I'm just starting the 2 day take off plan today so I'd love to be buddies!
mypupreils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 10:13 AM   #7  
Opulent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypupreils
Hi Loves Saddlebreds! I just sent you a private message. I have the pdf of the plan if you're interested. I'm just starting the 2 day take off plan today so I'd love to be buddies!

Please, would you send me the PDF too? I am really curious!
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:07 AM   #8  

Thanks for the tip Mary.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:10 AM   #9  
Opulent

Well, thanks for the heads up! Seeing as I don't eat dairy and would need to substitute, it shouldn't be too different for me
Yogini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:47 AM   #10  

Exclamation Starting LAWL

Well, I'll be starting LAWL on Monday. I ordered the 2005-2006 plan off of ebay and actually checked it with someone doing it at the center. Thank God i didn't get ripped off. Anyway, any tip/suggestions for me? Also, is there a place we can get recipes and stuff for this plan?
cmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #11  

How do you know that you have the 2005-2006 plan? Is it noted somewhere on it? I'm curious which one I have now...
Old 12-10-2005, 11:59 AM   #12  

It seems like this woman took her entire plan and typed it all into the computer. She did a great job though. Everything I have is color coded and she put a bunch of extra stuff in there too. She stated in the auction that it was the new plan, but as I said...I wanted to make sure, so I checked it with a woman who is going to the LAWL center and doing it. She compared it to her booklets and it's the same. The ebay woman even gave me a recipe for the juice, fast food guide, eating out guide, stabiliaztion, maintanence etc...TONS of stuff for my 40 bux!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #13  

The one I have is color coded as well. Does the first page say, "Plans for Weight Loss" with a table of contents? Have a light blue colored border around each page?
Old 12-10-2005, 12:10 PM   #14  

My first page says "Weight Loss Plans for Success Index - Updated June, 2005"
Old 12-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #15  

Oh well. You get what you pay for I guess (mine was free...haha)