Old 12-02-2005, 12:31 PM   #61  

Good morning chicks

So not sure who asked me but I was told to have 1/8 cantaloupe and 1 whole orange 4 X a day for 2 days. Well, I did great yesterday, I was not even really hungry, and I ate chicken breast and broccoli for lunch and the cantaloupe and oranges. I finished the last 2 oranges last night, took my BC Pill and thought I was going to be sick. I had the worse stomach ache; I thought that I might not make it to the bathroom. So then I went to bed and had a terrible night sleep. I got up this morning and thought, Gosh do I wish it was Sat. I made it in the shower (barely) and got to work. I had some hot tea to ease the pain in the stomach and thought I have to eat something, and already decided that if I ever say another orange it would be too soon. So when we went to breakfast this morning I had some potatoes (hash browns) and 2 sausage patties. I thought the potatoes should help soak up the acid and then the grease from the sausage might help. Well, it eased it a little but boy am I feeling like crap. They sure are going to hear about it tomorrow, that is for sure.

As for drinking the OJ instead, I wish that she would have told me that because I could have done that. I think that the girl who suggested I go on it did not know what she was talking about because she told me I could have unlimited veggies and any 2 lites I want and that is not what the paper said. Whatever.

SY- I know what you mean about coaching and bad teams. Have you seen ND the past few years? I am a huge ND fan, never went there but raised a true fan.

Bre-John is a nice guy. I have yet to meet with him cause I WI in underwear and bra, it works for me that way at least I am some what consistent with what I am wearing when I WI. He does see like a nice guy though. As for you needing a job, here is a thought if it interests you. You know my company is moving to IL, but they are bringing in temps all the time and that would be something where you can get the money but still be looking for a new job. Just a thought, I think the temp agency is Ever Staff? Not sure if that is right but what the heck it is worth a shot, right.

I am dying to find out if Bob and Suzy hook up. I am not sure if anyone noticed that when they first came out Bob attacked her and then when the show was over off to the side you could see him hugging her and all over her. As many have said I think that they should hook up. Has anyone seen the after photos on NBC.com? Matt looks HOT!!! And so does Suzy, although there are some photos where she looks like she lost a little too much weight. But she looks great none the less.

Shennie- I know what you mean about losing your spurt. I have the same problem, I feel like I did not lose so then I cheat a little bit. That is bad of us, we need to stop. We can do it.

I had to go to the foot doctor this morning and the receptionist there knows I am doing LAWL and she say me today and she has not seen me in like a month and the first thing she said was oh my gosh you lost a lot of weight. I guess you really need people who have not seen you in a while to tell you that to know that it is working, right?!

Carmen- have you been out since this morning? The drive to work was okay, the roads not too bad, it was the traffic and the people who do not know how to drive in the snow that was the delay, but I went out at 10am and none of the roads were plowed over here, and with the snow still coming down, I am not sure it will be better or not?

Hope everyone has a great OP day, I know that I am off to a rough start but what can you do.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:50 PM   #62  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Dawn - I left for work this morning at 9:15 (late I know) and didn't get here until 10:33. I-480 was slow but moving, then when I got to 77 it was a parking lot. The killer is that 480 wasn't plowed and 77 was! There wasn't an accident or anything, just sloooow. Now keep in mind that on a good day I can make the drive from my house to work in 12-16 minutes. It was horrible. Now, as I look outside the snow is coming down furiously. I look outside at the parking lot and my car has an inch of new snow on it and this is just from the 2 hours that I've been here.

My DGF and I were just on the phone, she was leaving her home in University and driving into Cleveland for an appt and she said none of the roads look as though they've been done. I just looked at weather.com and they are forecasting between 12 and 16 inches for us. Winter is here!!!

Oh and before I forget - I found my Knudsen's juice at the Heinen's on Chagrin and Lee. The stores near me do not sell it .
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:44 PM   #63  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi all,
Went to COD this morning. I was up a pound, but I had also just exercised, and no BM yet, so, oh well. I told them for hte second time in a row that I am really sick of this stall, and they were just like "Sorry". I told her that I am tired of not getting any answers. She really blew me off. I was a little rude, which I feel bad about. I think that it must be close to that time of the month. I am feeling really grouchy today. Poor DH is sick of me already!! Oh well.

Welcome to all of the Newbies! Feel free to post. We can all use all of the inspiration we can get!!

WTG to all of the losers!!

Beanie- Yes, today I am definitely crazy. Certifiable, actually. Two of my toddlers have been crying all day, and I am in the middle of my student teaching. I had one of my teachers was here for over an hour this morning doing an observation. Let me tell you, it is dang hard to teach preschool and wrestle 2 screaming babies that want held every second. The theory of this class is that you cannot just let little ones cry, you have to hold every second if that is what they require. With infants I agree, but these two are both about 15 months old. They need to learn to self soothe and play. They won't ever learn that if I am always holding them, will they? My nerves are rattled to the bone. This class will be over in two weeks!! I am graduating about December 20th. I can't wait to be done with all of the stress and unrealistic expectations.

My plan for the weekend is to stay POP, drink extra water, and exercise every day. If I WI again Monday w/a gain or no loss, I am going to insist that they change my plan. My sis started out 5 lbs heavier than I started, and they started her on purple, no lites. They started me on red, I have lost 30 lbs, and I am still on red. They said that they will not move me down to purple until I get to 175. I don't get it. Any insight? Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #64  

Carmen~ WTG, 4 pounds…wow! We haven’t gotten any snow since the snow night before last, and that is all gone from the streets mainly, so it’s not that bad here. Great water intake so far too! What’s your recipe for baking catfish? I just picked some up yesterday and I was going to try to pan fry it with melba toast for breading, but baked would be much healthier.

Beanie~ I am sure you will have a great WI

Wrigley~ thanks for the support

Deets~ you out shopping again

Katie~ do you think your exercising might be effecting the stall, maybe you aren’t getting enough calories in? I am far from an expert in the area, but I would agree that 15 month olds should learn to self-soothe. How will they ever learn if you hold them every minute?

Ok lunch with my son did backfire a little. The kids were all like “are you coming back on Monday? Please come back, you can have my lunch!” so I have to find a new punishment, but I am really running out of them and making him stay in the house all weekend w/out TV hurts me more than him because I can’t go outside either and I get stir crazy.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:57 PM   #65  

Height: 5' 4"

Beanie, I have posted my journal before. It got too time consuming for me though. And now, I'm on maintenance. I would hate to confuse someone with the foods that have been introduced back into my diet. Also, the portion sizes are the same, but the portion amounts are also different.

I can tell you what I have had today so far...

Breakfast:
1 egg (1/2 protien)
1 diet bun (1 starch on maintenance)
1/2 oz reduced-fat cheddar cheese (1/2 diary)

Snack:
2 tbsp Raisins (Fruit)

Lunch:
8 oz Chicken Breast (protien)
1/3 cup rice (starch)
1/2 cup cooked green peppers (veggie)
1/2 cup cooked mushrooms (veggie)
1 oz reduced-fat cheese (dairy)

I will have 1/2 oz (about 10) peanuts for snack.

I'm not sure about dinner yet...
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:05 PM   #66  

Do you want a laugh?

My horror story for the day....

I take EFAs everyday. I take one in the morning and two at night, right...

Well this morning when I was going to take my EFA, I squeezed it a little because its ya'know squishy kinda; and it sprung a leak and flew all over my shirt. I went and changed my shirt and went to work.

I've smelt fishy all day. So when I went to lunch with DFI, I asked him if I smelled bad. He sniffed around my hair, clothes, etc. then said you smell like raw fish.....

UGH!
Old 12-02-2005, 02:11 PM   #67  

Karen, but that is hilarious.

On maintenance we have to have larger proteins...I can't get in the ones I have know most of the time, but I will face that mountain when I come to it.

My center has a sale on lites @ 8.50 a box, I said i wasn't goign to get anymore since I have enough to get me through 1/2 of maintenance, but I might just get a few tommorrow. Especially since a double box actually last 2 weeks on maintenance.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:24 PM   #68  

That is a good deal for the bars. I am getting sick of eating them though. They hurt my teeth. I have been heating them up though and that seems to help. So everyone thanks for that tip.

I kno what you mean about going into the center and being frustrated at not losing but also at the center only being like Sorry. that is when i finally went in there and said listen, you need to do something.

that is when they switched me to purple.

i can not wait for tomorrow.

i know that my friend is coming cause i am craving starches. that is my new thing now that i started this plan, not so much craving sweets but starches now. Great.

the snow just keeps falling here. i hope the roads are plowed tonight on the way home but i am thinking that is not going to happen since they were not plowed at lunch time.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:30 PM   #69  

Not larger protien portion sizes. Some larger starch portion sizes.

If you get 2 protiens now, you would get 2 1/2 protiens then. You get more starches, dairy, veggies, and fruit. I don't have the information in front of me; but I think they add 2 veggies, 1 or 2 fruits, and a starch.

I didn't mean to confuse you.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #70  

I almost forgot! You can have 2-3 fats per day on maintenance. Your get more fat choices too....
Old 12-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #71  

I did not like the way Seth was. I am so glad that he did not win. I enjoy Matt though, and as I said am happy that he won. I also think that it is great that he has been sober for 9months, good for him.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #72  

Karen, do they change the carb cravers at all? I would love to make a pan of lasagne sometime in my future. . .

Katie - you're on purple, no lites? with exercise? at 188 (or there abouts)? I was on purple WITH lites until 189 - I was stalled there, and suggested the move to gold (again with lites).

We had the special on bars today too - I stil have so many boxes left, since I used Luna's pretty heavily the earlier part of the year.

Funny, the last two times, they've looked in my folder for my before picture - it is kind of amazing that I've lost almost FIFTY pounds, and sometimes I can't see it. (Although, I'm not sure how much I looked at myself when I started)

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #73  

My favorite was Pete (Did I mention how HOT he is?). Then it would be Dr. Jeff (Teddy Bear). Suzy was my chick favorite but a bit of a crybaby. At the end I would of loved for her to win out of the three, she is beautiful. Matt really wore his feelings on his sleeve. I was glad he double used the ranch, for weight loss and drinking. He ended up to be pretty good looking. Heck they all did, with the exception of Kathryn.
I told DH after the show I wish we could go to the ranch. He gave me a strange look and said "Okay, but first we need to gain about 200 pounds each"
Karen - So was the raw fish smell a turnon to DFI?? lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:52 PM   #74  

The CarbCravers didn't change for me, but you know they change things all of the time.

DFI said he couldn't smell the fishy smell unless he tried to... So I guess, I'm taking another shower when I get home today....
Old 12-02-2005, 03:11 PM   #75  

does anyone know what is up with the chat? i have to keep signing in all the time. that has never happened before.