Old 12-06-2005, 03:46 PM   #211  

Hey Karen,
Any news on Wedding plans?
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:05 PM   #212  

Mary - I saw somethng about the obese little kids in one of the tabloid mags -
Those mothers should know better. I really feel sorry for the kids when they have to go to kindergarden.....

What is this blueberry cult you chicks are starting? I'm gonna have to jump on as soon as I get fruit back - it sounds too wonderful...

Mary - So you think your hot now, checking yourself in the mirror. Don't feel bad - we've probably all been there/done that before (and hopefully will do it again soon). It feels great to see the difference after all the hard work...
Old 12-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #213  

Mary~ i am with you about children who weigh 200 lbs, even 75 lbs.

There is a lady at church who has a soon to be one year old that is soo overweight. She is a cutie, and she is one of sweetest babies, I have never even heard her cry. but it bothers me that they feed her like that. she won't sleep without cereal in her bottle because she has had cereal since she was 2 months old!

Her mother is overweight and doesn't think that it is a problem. She says she is "big, black and beautiful" and I think that is fine for her to make that choice as an adult but don't force it onto your child.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:45 PM   #214  

Bye ckicks - see yo tomorrow for day 2 of TO Today went great....

Now I have to pick up DH at moms. He had a colonoscopy today (no pollips) and stepdad was his driver. I just have to honk for him from outside, as to avoid the dinner table and force feeding at moms house

Who was it that said "May the force be with me"? I think Shennie.......
Old 12-06-2005, 04:48 PM   #215  

Star,

i just read your post about weighing ourself, and losing more wight. I have to atend to agree with it. I run a dayhome so i am at home, and if i feel like cheating, or feel like im not going to make the best choice, i jump on to the scale,and BOOM...i dont grab the choclate bars(cantnow anyways due to my daughter allergies), but you know what i mean. i know that i weight 3 pounds lighte in the morning than i do at night time.

yes, snickers i cant weight to try them

angela.

hope to be 232.2 tommorow morning
truecanadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #216  

Angel - ditto about 3 pounds less in the am....nude....
I use the scale as a tool too, I like to know where I'm at and work from that number......
Old 12-06-2005, 04:53 PM   #217  

I have to agree with you guys about the children weighing so much. I once lived next to a young mother who pretty much spoiled her daughter rotten and gave her whatever she wanted. now i am not sure what she looks like now but i know about 5 years ago she was probably 10 or so and she was a much larger child. but hey what can you say about it?!

i went shopping today for a top to go with the new pants i got yesterday for the cruise. i got this cut halter top from Lane Bryant. I look hot, now if I could just see the weight loss in the mirror or the scale i would be happier.

i think that i am going to have to try that Blueberry treat you all are talking about, it sounds great.

i am signed up to get emails from SOuth beach diet.com or something like that, i signed up when i tried that program out and they send different recipes in the email. today i got one for Egg Nog here it is.....

Serves 2-3

Ingredients
3/4 cup egg substitute
1 tablespoon artificial sweetener
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated skim milk
1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
1/2 tablespoon brandy extract
Nutmeg

Instructions
Pour 3/4 cup egg substitute into bowl. Add artificial sweetener and mix on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in vanilla, evaporated skim milk, fat-free half-and-half, and brandy extract. Chill for 24 hours to blend the flavors. To serve, stir well and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Nutritional Information:
214 calories
0 g total fat (0 g sat)
5 mg cholesterol
28 g carbohydrate
20 g protein
0 g fiber
372 mg sodium

i wonder if it will be good. for those of us who love Egg Nog now we can have a little glass and not feel guilty.

hope everyone has a great night.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:02 PM   #218  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Dawn I am an egg nog lover and I managed to skip it at Thanksgiving. Maybe I could make this one and have just a bit. Did it say how much is in a serving?
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:23 PM   #219  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
DH got cereal at 3 days.
wow! can 3 day olds even digest cereal

Deets, beanie...come out, come out where ever you are
Old 12-06-2005, 05:31 PM   #220  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Hey Shennie! I just got home from another marathon day with the kids and afterschool stuff...their dinner is done so I am just popping in to say HI! Did you say you weighed in TWO POUNDS LESS today? Update te ticker, girl!!!!

Mary- OMG- that is a phenomenal loss! I want your secret!!! I AM SO DONE with these last 8 pounds, I want to scream!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #221  
Awesome Super Cool Member

S/C/G: 305/251/204.5

Gosh, All of you girls are doing great!!! And during the holidays, no less! Good for you!

I always think I'm too mean and strict with my son, ( don't even give him juice in his cup, either milk or water) until I read something like that. I mean, I do give him treats, and he has eaten candy and even an ice cream cone, but mostly I want him to get into a good habit of eating veggies and fruits and not drinking sugary drinks. I don't want him to have the same weight/eating issues I do when he gets older.

Anyway, keep it up, you all!!
applegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #222  
Attitude is everything!!

Well ladies, I went to the COD for the first time in a week Last week I gained 2 lbs, this week I lost 1.5 lbs....can't complain. On a really happy note, last night I was able to get into (actually look good, not just sausaged in) a couple of holiday outfits that haven't seen daylight in years.... (I take that back, we moved a couple of years ago ) Happiness rained in the household!

I have to tell you that I have spent the past 2 hours reading throught the posts since the 1st. You guys kill me! I still can't get over the 'cheating with the lites'. At least you aren't cheating with an entire pizza (12' thin crust....can't stop because I have already gone past the allowable 2 pieces...

I haven't TO'd since I started. I found a website that tells where the nearest store that sells Knudsens http://www.knudsenjuices.com/, but I am not sure which juice I am supposed to buy. Can you help me out?

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you that keep me going! And...thank you to my bathroom scale god....it appreciates me more than the COD scale... My scales says 15.5 lbs and COD says 8 lbs. How can it be THAT different? Of course, I do weigh myself at the same time each day at home, where the COD is at the mercy of my schedule...and then there is the clothes...vs none. OK, I guess I answered my own question.

I have been trying to talk myself into exercising again. I did REALLY well for 6 weeks earlier in the year. 6 days a week...but I didn't lose any weight, got discouraged and quit. I know that if I do LAWL and exercise it should really help, but I can't seem to get myself going... I guess it will happen in good time...when I am ready.
DestinyS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:01 PM   #223  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinyS8
I still can't get over the 'cheating with the lites'.
Destiny, I know I am pathetic, but thank God it is winter and I am too lazy to go outside in the cold, because there is a gas station on the corner thqat I raided all summer and believe me they have nothing close to lites there.

Plus the first thing I learned with LAWL is that I don't have much will power and if I bring the ice cream, crackers or expecially something Off Plan, I can't stop myself. I ate a box of ritz crackers in one afternoon and that was it for me, I don't buy anything anymore that i can't say no too.

Mary~ sorry to hear that about your DH, but that shows us how important it is to not hamr our children like that.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #224  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

That night that I cheated, I totally had an extra Lite too, I love the new chocolate carmel!!! That and a bag of the LA popcorn- pathetic, LOL!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:23 AM   #225  

Good morning, chicks!

I'm on that blueberry train - for breakfast I had Kashi, vanilla yogurt and frozen blueberries - taste wise it was good, but I should have thawed the blueberries first! The next time.

About overweight kids - one of the things the nutrionist told me - we basically have two periods in our lives when we ADD fat cells - one is in infancy, and I believe the second time is when we're about 9-10 - probably pre-puberty. So depending on what we're fed at those times makes a big difference in how many fat cells we have - and we never get rid of them! They just grow or shrink. .

Ha, Carmen - I know why your cold wasn't so bad - BLUEBERRIES! They are the 'new' powerhouse food, right?

Mary - I used to be a Maury fan (Who's your Daddy )- and then they changed the time he was on here - WTG on the vanity, girl - sometimes I think it has to start with us! Isn't your DH also battling thryoid? That's not helping with the weight, either?

Dawn, that eggnog sounds great - how'd you count it? A dairy and 1/2 P for 1 cup?

Star - how'd you do last night?

Applegirl - those things *should* be treats - not part of the daily diet, I guess?

Destiny - I've been having fun shopping in my closet, too -- I'm hoping that the 14's will fit in the next 5-7 pounds. . I'm so pear shaped, that the pants size always is bigger than the top size.

Juliemarie - I did the Avon 3 day about 5 years ago, and was following WW then, too - and I didn't lose nearly as much weight as I thought I should have - I probably should have been eating my APs. . .

Andi - I used to put partially used cans of frosting in the freezer - otherwise, I OD'd on it - actually, the last few times I've bought one, I've just tossed the rest, although after I take 1 spoonful. (just like in Mary Poppins - a spoonful of sugar.. .) Did find a quasi-cake recipe in a magazine that used something like vanilla wafers 'glued' together with chocolate frosting and shaped into a ring. . .Saw an ad recently, too - for swirled chips - like choc and pb together? I've been afraid to look in the baking aisle.

Shennie - you are doing FAB! Thanks for the info on the lemon - I think I'll hold out and see if they get the new flavors that Angel was mentioning.

Bre - are you so relaxed with the yoga that you're not online?

Hey to everyone else!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote