Old 12-05-2005, 03:18 PM   #166  

i had seen it today and mentioned it in one of the other threads. i just say it today. I thought that was a pretty good deal just go to

LAWEIGHTLOSS. com and click on the internet specials link.
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:25 PM   #167  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Deets - 1S (optional), 1F, Free, Condiment

3/4 C frozen blueberries
1 Sheet Lowfat Honey Graham Cracker
2 t Splenda
2 T FF Cool Whip

Crumble graham cracker into a microwave safe dish, top w/ blueberries and Splenda
Microwave for about 60 seconds on High
Top w/ Cool Whip
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:49 PM   #168  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yikes that sounds good. My latest crave is a Cobb Salad. DH loves them too, and we have eaten them 3 times recently. I put grilled chicken, a boiled egg, chopped red pepper, chopped red onion, lettuce, of course, and a tiny bit of blue cheese on mine. DH also puts bacon on his. So good! By reading the label on the little block of blue cheese, I can have 1/4 brick for the same stats as a normal dairy, but more sodium. It is a real treat to me.

I wonder if I could add a couple of months at that price? I have only paid to get down to 135, and I think that I really might want to go lower.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 03:54 PM   #169  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Thanks Wrigley- it was you!!! And thanks for posting the recipe Carmen!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:21 PM   #170  

Mary- oh my goodness, how did you remain calm?

what a day at work, tomorrow i hope i am not so bored
Old 12-05-2005, 04:22 PM   #171  
banned

Ok, that is YUMMY!!! I didnt have a starch to use, but just had the heated berries with cool whip- OH WOW! Thanks!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:29 PM   #172  

does anyone have any good exercise tips? i have been working it on the gazelle for 15 minutes every night but that does not seem like it is help much, i thought it was. any tips?
Old 12-05-2005, 04:42 PM   #173  

Wrigley -
The gazelle is a way to start. How long have you been using it every night?
When I go on just the treadmill, I don't see much results. I think our bodies get use to the same movements fairly quickly. It is a great idea to mix it up abit. Be it with differnt forms of movement, walking, jogging, biking, skating or pick up afew great exercise videos.
I joined Jazzercise prior to my surgery and my DH noticed within two weeks that it seemed to be working better than my usual exercise routines.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:43 PM   #174  
banned

Ive done every workout in the book, with LAWL honestly, I do best with NO exercise...sorry that doesnt help much now, does it
Old 12-05-2005, 04:46 PM   #175  

Deetsmom, What you say could very well be true. It's that old thing of muscle weighing more than fat. I truly believe that's why they don't really push exercise at LAWL. But us die hard exercise people just can't give it up.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:49 PM   #176  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Well, I could very well give it up. My exercising and my 3 month stall are going hand in hand. When I brought it up at the center they said to keep journaling and see if I notice any trends. I asked them if the 3 months I'd been exercising and not losing wasn't enough of a trend and they just smiled at me and fell silent. I am thinking that next week I may give working out a rest and see what happens... And to think I thought it was just me.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 04:57 PM   #177  
banned

Ive been in training most of my adult life, obsessively so at some times and there is arguement about muscle/fat "weight", it has more to do with density..regardless, I am in very good shape, so for the rest of my loss-phase, Im as active as possible short of hitting the gym (ex: walking rather than stairs, being in motion as opposed to sitting on the couch all day, etc.)..with three kids, a home business, a family, etc, theres only so much time in a day- LOL!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:59 PM   #178  

Carmen,
No this has been going on forever. Sy and I battled this way back in the beginning. At COD they said we worked out too much, they could never get our plans to match our workout time. I think Sy and I both cut back our workouts but neither of us could really figure it out either.....
I think it boils down to either you want to be muscular or skinny. The other method is to lose the weight first and then workout later.
But when anyone figures it out please let me be the first to know.....
See you chicks tomorrow.....
Hugs...
Old 12-05-2005, 05:01 PM   #179  

I have been doing the gazelle almost since i started and I try for 3 times a week or at least 2, last week i did 4 days and so far 1 this week.

i want to join some place where i can swim. i am not sure what is around here and not familar with the area so that makes it harder. everyone is saying that the YMCA should have a special now that it is the start of the year.

i also got a 30 day free trial at Fit Works so i thought i might use that too. what the heck it is free why not try it.

everyone have a great night and talk to everyone tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:02 PM   #180  

here is the other thing. i notice more of a loss when i work out just a little bit as opposed to not at all or as this past week as much as i did. UGH