3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Vegeterian on LAWL (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/68857-vegeterian-lawl.html)

housewife911 11-20-2005 11:08 PM

Vegeterian on LAWL

Greetings. I am new to LAWL. My centre never gave me solid advice on being vegeterian and being on the LAWL program. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on subsittutions for proteins. It is such a struggle being new to program, vegeterian and having no info on plan adjustments. Centre told me to start eating meat but i am unwilling to do so.
Thanks for any and all feedback
Housewife911

mrsbeanie 11-21-2005 12:10 AM

Housewive - I am not a vegetarian, but I do have a lot of trouble with eating regular protiens. I know that my center told me to eat the peanut butter, cottage cheese, and even nuts to get my protien in. They have also told me to do the carb craver meals if needed to get my protiens in. I know that on the carb cravers you can count veggie pizza, pasta, peanut butter and jam, bagels cream cheese and tomatoes as carb cravers. Also the leancuisine meals can count as a protien and a starch...i don't know if they have vegeterian options of those or not. I would definately demand that they consult a nutritionist about your needs if they refuse to do so get the customer service number yourself and call. You paid for the program they owe it to you to help you make it fit your lifestyle. I f I can be of any more help just ask.

I just wanted to add are you doing the la lites? I know that the bars have lots of protien. Maybe you could ask them and they would add an extra bar or something. I know that can be expensive but maybe you could add another cheaper protien bar.

:welcome: to the group!

Beanie

boyerm 11-21-2005 07:20 AM

There are a lot of vegetarian options in the plan; it is a little more work to use them but it can be done. (I'm not a vegetarian, but I do eat a lot of vegetarian meals.) Tofu, tempeh, and seitan are all vegetarian proteins. If you don't already have one, look for a vegetarian "soy" cookbook; that should have lots of recipe ideas. Also, veggie burgers are a protein, and so are beans.

The hardest thing for me about eating vegetarian food on the plan is not finding the protein; it is the fact that a lot of vegetarian recipes are high in starch (rice, grain, pasta, etc.) so it takes a little work to modify them. I'll try to post some recipes to help you out. Do you eat eggs or dairy?

housewife911 11-21-2005 10:57 AM

Thanks

Thanks ladies. The info you have provided me is way better then the centre. I have been a vegeterian for 15 years. I am overweight due to my over indulegance in Carbs. The centre said to do the Red plan first, insisted on the lites and supplements. I was wondering if you know where or what supplements i could get out of the centre that would equilavalant the same as the $ ones they sell. I would really appreciate some recipes. I do eat eggs and dariy but am not a fan of tofu, other then the prepapred ones. Thanks for all your support and wisdom.
Housewife911

boyerm 11-21-2005 12:28 PM

I posted a couple recipes in the recipe thread; the first one is a tofu recipe since I posted it before I knew you didn't like tofu. The second one is from the LAWL cookbook; it's for veggie burgers. I think they are really good.

Also, check on the recipes on the LAWL website: http://www.lafreetolive.com/nutritio...e_landing.aspx
Most of them have meat, but there are a few vegetarian ones, like quiche and humus.

I never bought any of their supplements. (I did buy the lites.) I just got a good multivitamin and a calcium supplement and didn't worry about the rest of them.

textjewel 11-22-2005 09:33 AM

Housewife911 - LAWL does have a nutrionist - if you are having a hard time following the plan as written, get them to adjust the plan for you. (they did this for some people - mainly in the fruit/veg portions, I think) but I think they can still come up with a workable plan for you.

Do you eat fish at all? It also seems that they may be able to do something with changing cheese to a protein as an option?

Julie

housewife911 11-22-2005 01:49 PM

Greetings. I do not eat fish. As for the centre they have not been very cooperative with my eating choices. I told them from the begining that i was a veggeterian. They gave me the red plan and said that that would work for me. I was in and out in 15 mins. I felt very rushed and did not recieve personalized attention. Guess they were disapointed when i did not buy the lites and supplements.
housewife911

shennie_97 11-22-2005 02:39 PM

Definitely call the 800 number. You paid for service and for help with YOUR lifestyle and that is what you should get