Old 11-10-2005, 01:55 PM   #16  

Mary: I totally agree. I have a recent story. I went to my COD yesterday, and manager is natually skinny. She's just had a baby about 8 weeks ago and you would never know she has a 10 year old and a newborn baby. She looks awesome to say the least. Very pretty too. Nice clothes. Get the picture? Well, one of the counselor's that moved to another center was back to help out. She was my counselor yesterday. She brought in a picture of her before picture. The manager is really nice, and she was probably only kidding, but the words she used rubbed me the wrong way. She said, Sy, did xxxx show you her FAT picture. I said no, she doesn't look like she's ever been over weight. She said, look at it, and handed it to me. She said, now didn't she look like a heffer? I said, well - I would never use those words, but she sure looks awesome now. She said that I was too nice. And, of course I congratulated her, and the manager tried to dance around my comment about the words she used, she said she was only kidding and she probably was, but I'm much more sensitive to people using those types of negative terms when it comes to overweight people. Sorry, totally off subject but had to comment.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:12 PM   #17  
Awesome Super Cool Member

S/C/G: 305/251/204.5

Center of Doom, I would have never guessed. That made me almost fall off my chair.
applegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:12 PM   #18  

Ok, in my COD, i woudl make sure that you get your lab work and personal profile back before you start your tenth week ( I just go mine today)

I would also make sure that I at least sit down and discuss what the labwork says before just scooting my clients out the door. And would at least know what to say when they ask you waht it means (she actually told, me, "Oh I don't know, but don't worry it looks good. Well I said, "why does it tell me to see my phstcian then?" she still couldn't give me an answer.)

what if i had a serious illness I knew nothing about and now ten weeks later, I foudn out that this diet has made it worse?

I actually found out they cirlced the worng number and that i am fine after making them call it in, but I paid a manadaotry fee for this stuff and then I get it all 10 weeks into my program.

Sorry, I knwo this isn't the rant thread, but I got into it and couldn't stop
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #19  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Shennie that would upset me too!! My COD doesn't do lab work or personal profiles or anything.

Applegirl - most of the centers let you take a week worths of different lites to try when you first sign up they told me at my center to take soup, smoothy, lemonade etc. Not just the bars. Maybe you could ask your center about that.

Sy - wanted to add That was the MANAGER? Ummmm show a little class would ya. I can't believe that...I would have been apalled.
Beanie

Last edited by mrsbeanie; 01-12-2006 at 10:42 AM.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #20  

See? That's what I'm talking about! I think the people they hire should be those who have lost weight on LAWL or are in the process of losing weight. I wonder sometimes - do they actually follow the program themselves? Do they know what we are going through? Do they know the Herculean effort it takes sometimes to drive through a fast-food place with your kids on the way to football/baseball/soccer/whatever and order a salad without all the goodies on it while everyone else is scarfing down hot french fries??

One of my best WW leaders was a foodie. I always loved it when she would come to the meeting and say that she had discovered this or that item that was delicious and low-points. She would always say, "Life is good!" and we would agree. When you like to eat, you need others who also like to eat point you the way out of the forest of fat!!

Anyway, I'm off my soapbox now!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:35 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtxchick
Do they know the Herculean effort it takes sometimes to drive through a fast-food place with your kids on the way to football/baseball/soccer/whatever and order a salad without all the goodies on it while everyone else is scarfing down hot french fries??
Andi
Amen! Amen! Amen!
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:43 PM   #22  
Katie

Height: 5'1

You know, all 4 of our counselors are currently on, or have been on LAWL. The newest one, who I totally click with, was 10 lbs heavier than me when I started. Now she says that she is thinner now than when she was in high school. She really looks terrific. She gets so excited when you have a loss, giving you a high five, hug, etc. She told me the other day, "Do you realize that you passed the 25 lb mark today? That is so cool!" She also sets goals with you every time you come in, and studies your diary, offers suggestions and guidance, even if you do have a loss. I love my center, so I don't have a lot of suggestions. They are very low pressure. No one has ever tried to push any product on me. When LAWL did not work out for my mom, they let her transfer hers to my little sister, no problem. They even treated my little sis like a brand new client, all of the free stuff and all. After hearing some of your stories, I am hoping that my center never changes!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote