Old 11-06-2005, 06:29 AM   #31  

Hey chicks -

I'm on gold, just moved a couple of weeks ago from purple - it has been an adjustment even though its just a few ounces of protein less a day. .

Tiffany, it does take time for our bodies to get used to less food, and less fat in our diets - and we are hungry until our bodies adjust. It really does help if you can spread your food out during the day

About the lites - you definately don't need the lites to lose weight -- there is nothing magic about them; (although they do have soy, and there's new research all the time!) but these are SALESPEOPLE. The first rule in the book - don't give the customer a choice to say NO.

I will say this about the lites - the basic plan has little sweetness in it, so the lites will definately help with that. . .

Nut butters - they are in the new menu guide -same serving size as peanut butter. . (thanks for the warning about the Nutella - I have an unopened jar in my pantry - I guess it'll stay unopened.. .)

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 01:33 PM   #32  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

I am still not 100% certain as to what I am going to do about the lites, but know that I don't want to spend hundreds more upfront. My program was close to $900, so add another $500+ on to that and it is a lot of $ right away. I had my first lite this morning (fruit and oat) and thought it was horrible.

I could definitely use the extra S and the extra protein wouldn't be so bad most days. I am a bit tentative about eating that much protein each day. I currently eat approx. 3 oz of chicken breast as a serving - the 5 oz (cooked) in Gold seems like a tonne. I can't imagine the serving size increasing even more!

On a good note, I lost 1 lb. with the centre yesterday and another 1.5 lbs. this morning when I weighed. Personally, I am quite happy given that is 2.5 lbs. since Thurs!

I am so bad at decisions - I wish I knew what to do about the lites.
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:44 PM   #33  

bobby, why don't you check out your local grocery, traget, walgreens stores and try some lunas. I ahve never had one (I paid for my lites in bulk ) but i know people on here say they have far more variety. If you decide to do the lunas, you save $, plus you can stick with your regualr plan and substitute the lunas for the lites.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:55 PM   #34  

can't remember who it was that can't get in all of their foods, but frozen meals help too. They are a protein and a starch and ussually not that large.And when I am proteined out I do go for the CC meals to get a chnage of pace.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #35  

At my personal success visit, I was put on Gold with Lites and given a free 5 day supply of the lites - various flavors. I knew that they were going to put the squeeze on me thanks to my good friends here , so I decided when I was eating them that they were going to have to be really good for me to purchase them at all. Imagine my surprise when I couldn't even choke them down. I spent two miserable days on the Gold choking down those Lites (I really didn't like them! ) and then they switched me to the Red Plan without Lites.

Oddly enough, every time I went for a visit, I had counselors asking me "and you are on the Red plan?" which I thought was odd. The gal who put me on the Red had quit, so I just assumed that she knew what she was doing. I liked the Red plan - it had more starch and protien!!

This past Saturday, the counselor said, "Andi, I have to fix this." She showed me the yellow sheet that said something like "figuring plans without lites" and it had a section for "healthy females over 18 and under 65." She pulls out a sheet of paper that had weights on them and for my height (5'7) the weight to use is 133 pounds. I told her I didn't want to weigh 133 pounds and she told me that was just the amount they used to figure the programs. On the yellow sheet, she took 133 pounds and added 10 pounds and that equaled the Purple Plan. Then she added 50 pounds to that and it equaled the Purple plan. It looked like this:

Weight 133 + 10 pounds = 144 Purple
+ 50 pounds - 194 Purple
+ 40 pounds = 233 Red

All she could figure was that the original girl misread and gave me the Red. So they moved me to purple.

By the way, I also saw on this sheet that healthy men 18 to 65 are on the Red plan. You would take their goal weight and add up to 80 pounds to get the Red plan. Of course, this is for those not using lites. Anyone exercising 5 hours or more each week uses the Red plan without lites. All teenagers are on Orange 1 without lites and stay on that until they are within 10 pounds of their goal.

I wanted a copy of the sheet!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 06:05 PM   #36  
NASCAR Chick

S/C/G: 181/177.6/???/124

Height: 5'4"

Default Purple vs. Gold w/ Lites

Andi,

Can you please post what the breakdown is now that you are on Purple. I would like to know what extra I would be getting instead of with Gold. I am currently eating a Cookie Dough lite and think it is OK. MUCH better than the Fruit & Oat from this morning.

Thanks.
Bobby18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 09:30 AM   #37  

Height: 5' 4"

I'm currently on maintenance on modified purple wo/lites.

I started on Red Plus wo/lites at 230.4lbs.

Went to Red wo/lites at 224lbs, and purple wo/lites at 184lbs.

Currently I am 140lbs.

I was 230.4lbs
now 140lbs
5'4.5" tall
I lost 47.5 inches!

I went from a tight 18 to a loose 8!
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:45 PM   #38  

Bobby18 - My Gold w/Lites was 2 P, 3V, 3F, 2S, 1 D, 1Fat, 2 Lites
The protien servings were 4 oz beef (raw), 6 oz chicken (raw), 2 eggs, 2 T. RF Peanut Butter

My Purple Plan without Lites is 2P, 4V, 3F, 2S, 1D, 1Fat
However, the protien servings are bigger: 6 oz beef (raw), 8 oz chicken (raw), 3 eggs, 3 T RF Peanut Butter

The Purple Plan is supposed to be my plan all the way to my goal weight. I currently weigh 185 and my goal is 145-150.

I wonder how much you have to weigh to do the Purple Plan with the Lites??

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:18 PM   #39  

Red with lites currently.

Going to purple with lites in 10 more pounds!!

Last edited by EweWho; 11-07-2005 at 04:22 PM.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:12 PM   #40  

Andi - just FYI - I started on purple at 228, and shifted to Gold at 186. . . I use the lites. . My goal is 145 - and I'll stay on gold until I reach that.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:39 PM   #41  
Awesome Super Cool Member

S/C/G: 305/251/204.5

Red with lites, but lately I havn't been eating the lites. I've been finding them too dry and sweet.
applegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #42  

The red plan sounds like way too much food for me. I do like the idea of having three starches but trying to get 4 Veggies a day would be like mission impossible. I went for personal success visit yesterday but I didn't buy the bars in bulk I couldn't afford it. The packages they showed ranged from $400 and up to $1,000 and over. I just bought one box. I found some people selling them on e-bay so I'm going to try that out and see how it works.

By the way has anyone purchased the La lites on e-bay? Where the bars ok?
Tee625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #43  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

I've bought them a couple of times, once they were a little dry but the last ones were nice and fresh. But if you're asking about safety, etc., All my boxes were sealed and clean, and looked like new.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote