Confessions - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 10-03-2005, 03:18 PM   #1  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Confessions

I have to confess to someone...I've been on the plan for 6 weeks and last week, I went way way way off plan. It started with Chinese food on Wed, then ice cream with marshmallows (huge craving), candy bars, chips, on and on. It was only over 2 days, but I felt horrible! I went back OP Saturday and today and tomorrow, I'm doing take-off. I'm fully motivated and ready to go again. I'm not sure what happened to me. I just lost all self control. Thanks for listening...
Tina
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #2  

Hey, I've only just begun (day 2 of LA Express) so I haven't any words of wisdom for you!

I do think it is great to just start over. I keep telling myself that the closer I follow the program, the sooner I'll get to maintenance!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:35 PM   #3  

Tina - we ALL do this -- don't beat yourself up anymore!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:45 PM   #4  
married the village idiot

Tina,

I hear you knockin. I just found out the house my husband and I were about to put an offer on sold this morning. I was so pissed I went straight to the pancakes, bacon, and coffee with vanilla creamer!!

Hang in there, hop back on.

Sarah
suzefactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #5  

You're all the best You're also so right. I can't say to myself, "Oh, if I wouldn't have done that I would probably be down 2 more pounds." I'm just going to put it behind me and move on. I'm thinking that I will take my baby girl for a walk this evening. It's sunny and warm outside...I should take advantage of this nice weather!
Old 10-11-2005, 03:33 PM   #6  

I am new to this website but have been on LAWL for four weeks. Here is my question or cry for help. I am having a real hard time sticking to the plan. About 8 years ago I did a plan that was similar and had no problems, weight just came off. Now.........I always go over my starches. It is like my will power does not kick in. Wondering what techniques some of you all use to stick to the plan. I know it is all in my mind just having a real hard time the last couple of days.
GeoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:37 PM   #7  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGirl
I am new to this website but have been on LAWL for four weeks. Here is my question or cry for help. I am having a real hard time sticking to the plan. About 8 years ago I did a plan that was similar and had no problems, weight just came off. Now.........I always go over my starches. It is like my will power does not kick in. Wondering what techniques some of you all use to stick to the plan. I know it is all in my mind just having a real hard time the last couple of days.
Geogirl

First let me say BTDT. I had a hard time with the starches also. I find that if I do the Take Off for the two days that really helps with getting my cravings under control. Also, maybe you could try the Carb Craver meal once or twice a week to help?!! Its worth a try. I would just continue to try to stick to the plan as much as I can but not use the excuse that oh well had to many starches today and keep going on a munchie fest.. Ya know Hang in there!
Beanie
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #8  

Geogirl -- also I'm with Beanie, been there done that -- is it close to your TOM? I always crave starches then. . . Also, try to figure out what you really want in your starches, and have that first. give yourself a little flexibility. Also, it is REALLY tough when we first start, and it does get easier as time goes by. I sort of had to shift my life from being carb centric to protein centric. The other thing that has helped me on this plan, is to put my portions on a plate, and put the rest away. Then, after I'm finished with my meal or snack, I distract myself (usually with 3FC) so that I get my mind off food.

Which plan are you on, and how've you been doing? See that you're another Texas chick??

Julie
Old 10-11-2005, 04:32 PM   #9  
I will do it this time

Tina, been there done that a few times. What I love about the program is it is so easy to get back on track. I am pretty new to this website, so really don't know any of you that well yet. It is good to see how supportive you all seem. Tina, you asked about the little angel in my picture. Who is the one in your?
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:08 PM   #10  

Hi Geo,

I had that problem real bad when i started (Who am i kidding, I still do )

But what I have done is only cook 1/3 cup of rice at a time, or only warm one roll, when i eat the half of potatoe, I either immediatly give it to my son or sometimes i even throw it away if i feel a craving coming on.

Also I know this probalby only works for me since I get so lazy at night, but when i have food int he house that is late-night snack worthy, I put it in the basement at nigth or behind alot of other things in the cabinet so that it takes some effort to get to it and I have time to think why I am doing it. Plus when I eat at night, somtimes I swear it is like i am on autopilot, so making it hard to get to foods, means I am too lazy to get to it sometimes.

Just a few things that work for me...but we have all been there and are still dealing with it.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:08 PM   #11  
FirmingDi

S/C/G: 228/228/135

Height: 5'7"

I've had the same problem with the starches. It's my downfall. I think I'm addicted and I need to accept that. Eating starches lead to more cravings - very bad! I need to change my focus from carbs to proteins and veggies - natural foods. I'm not going to stop though. We can do this!
firmingdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:15 AM   #12  

It's nice to hear from all of you and know that my mood swings are normal! I fell OP a little (okay, maybe more than a little) yesterday, but I'm back in the swing of things today. I'll WI at lunch today and see the results of my actions.
Sharon, The little angel in the picture is my daughter Emily. That picture was taken at Christmas time...she will be 19 months on the 17th. My pride and joy and #2 reason for getting healthy. #1 reason is for myself, #2 is to be a positive influence on my daughter and be around to enjoy her as long as possible.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #13  

Thank you guys so much for the support. Julie, it never occured to me about TOM, of course it is and it is been super hard during this time. Yesterday I threw some cookies away so that I would not eat them..........that almost didn't work so I poured ketchup on them. It is sad isn't?

I am not sure what plan I am on, gold/amber something like that where I get two proteins and two starches. I am doing better now but it was hard to cut those carbs out.

Last edited by GeoGirl; 10-12-2005 at 06:03 PM.
GeoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #14  

Geogirl - I've done the same thing - also put the container of icecream over the disposal -- don't know if you do anything like an over the counter med, but sometimes Pamprin helps me with the physical edginess that drives me to sugar.

Julie
Old 10-12-2005, 11:02 PM   #15  
pregos

Height: 5'10

I am new to LA wieght loss. Today is my 15th day and I went way over on my carbs for the first time today. I didn't eat my LA lites today and I think that they help the carbs cravings. My counseler told my they did but I didn't believe her until today. I love this forum so far and it is nice to know that other people are having the same struggle. Keep up the good work.
glasgow314 is offline   Reply With Quote