Old 10-29-2005, 09:07 AM   #586  

Mary
You are doing it girl. Ok, so send some of your losing vibes my way. I am back to 180 this morning so that's good. Oh, and I'll let you know as soon as I get my plan. They're supposed to be calling me back on my family discount I should've got, since my sil is on the plan and referred me. They're trying to get me to take a store credit. But I don't need anything from them, but my money back. Thank you very much. I'm going to get it to, or tell them i want my whole money back. Someone else made a big fuss yesterday, and they got their money back.

Angela,
That would be me that was not regular since all the dang on soy in the bars. I will try the baked apple. Ok, so I have never baked an apple, so just baked the apple til it's warm enough, right?

Well, let me go stay by the phone, they're supposed to call me right back
slimdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:49 AM   #587  

Cindy, to do the welcome signs and all of the other neat icons, go to the "go advanced" bar and then under the regular smilies, click the 'more" link and you will find icons galore. I am getting to the point that i have memorized some of the codes and I can just type them in, but its fun to play with them when you have the time...Good luck on WI and I don't let them get me down becaus I know what I weighed at home, so theirs doesn't count in my head.

Cnt~ great NSV!

Kisha~ we will be take-off buddiees for Sun- Mon, but i think you get the good one with unlimites veggies and protein right? I'm jealous.

Question: I want to start working out some again. But I am so not able to eat all of the gold food, I do not want a new plan, but I don't want ot stop loosing, just want to get more toned, about how much shoudl I work out to still be able to loose?
I know that is a loaded question, and we are all differene, so I guess I just want to know how often others work out and still manage to loose on their "regular" plan. Plus I don't have much time, so I am going no were near 5 times a week

Last edited by shennie_97; 10-29-2005 at 09:53 AM.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:07 AM   #588  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi All,
Anglela: Congrats on your loss!!

Cnt: I know how you feel. This is what happened me for a while, 1st inches then pounds. You may be in for a big loss soon.

Kisha: Good for you!! I hope that you like your center as much as I like mine.

Shennie: My center said that you can exercise less than 5 hours per week and keep losing on your plan. If you are always going over 5 hours, that is when they want to switch you.

I have to go to school all day today. Yawn....I am trying not to eat any red meat all weekend. We'll see how it goes. TOM for me, and my rings are already feeling tight. Hope its a short go around. Have a great POP day every one!! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:24 AM   #589  

good morning everyone

In regards to the baked apple, i usually cut an apple in half, core it, then sprinkle with alittle cinimmon, then bake it until it is soft,about a hour later I am in the bathroom. A friend of mine is also on LA and was having problems going and she even took 4 pooping pills and it didnt work, found out about the apple and she was going a half hour later. From my experince now, i use a baked apple a day, and i stay regular.

WE are now on our way to get our 4th weigh in this week. hope everyone has a wonderful day

angel
truecanadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #590  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Maybe this is the real reason for the phrase "an apple a day . . ."
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:29 PM   #591  

YEAH!!!!

the apple a day must work cause i am down 2.4 lbs since yesterday!!!!

but i am upset with my center, i succeeded in the thanksgiving challenge, and was suppose to get 10% off my next purchase, and then only did to some, so i asked them today and they said because i bought in bulk i dont get the discount. so now i have decided im not going to purchase from them anymore. i now need to find somewhere else to buy the bars, drinks, snacks and vitiamins.

BUT Im now down 2.8 in 2 days!!!

angel
truecanadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:53 PM   #592  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wow, Mary, you go girl! You are inspiring!
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:04 PM   #593  

Angel,

I guess from now on it's an apple a day for me too!

Mary,
You are too funny! I hope it works for me. A good bm sounds sooooooo good right now! hahahahha Oh, and you keep working it girl! Size 12 look out! I can't wait til I get to that size again. The ctr said by Dec.5, I should be there, so we'll see!

Oh, and a quick update. I called the center today to see if I should get a discount because I was referred, and told them that yesterday. Welllllllll, I don't get a friend discount, but I am under a family discount, because of my sil. So, I hope that's even better. The receptionist tried to offer me a store credit or something, until she found out, I am due the refund, and don't want the credit. Nope, just give me my moolah back! So, my counselor said she'd have my refund ready when I come in Monday. I hope I get a lot back atleast. I told them I'm not doing the supplements, or their lites,oh, but they tried so hard though! Well, I'm doing takeoff tomorrow and Sunday. She said I can have unlimited Veggies, and protein. I can't have breads, etc, but I can have butter, and some cheese. Weird? I'm just so happy I can unlimited scrambled eggs cooked in butter, or PAM. I'll go with the PAM.

Shennie,
We can do to together like you said. I don't like many green vegetables either. So I hear ya on the green beans, spinach, and salad lettuce, etc..!!

Hello to all the ladies, talk to you soon.
slimdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:14 PM   #594  

Hey chicks!

Mary, you go girl! I tried on my 14's today, too - they're pleat fronted (a what not to wear no-no) but they are what I have - and I can zip them, button them, but the pleats are all opened out. So a little more to go. .
I ain't going to make my Halloween goal, but my new goal is to get below 170 for New Years!

Hey, Michele, how are you feeling?

About apples - it's a funny thing, but I do have an apple almost every day. I microwave it, either with some sf jam, or with a chai tea bag (this was a new idea, and it's yummy) a little water - it gets sort of stewed, then I mix my yogurt with it. One thing about apples - they do have pectin in them, which may help 'move things along' in the digestive tract!

Angel, I'm surprised that you don't get a coupon - I bought my lites in bulk and I've still gotten coupons - you can use them on the other products? Is there a toll-free number you can call?

Slimdreams - what's the scoop?

Shennie- I am the LAST person to give exercise advice, but there is a series of tapes by Denise Austin called 'Hit the Spot' - some of these are 3 ten minute workout per tape - so you can do arms, abs, legs, etc. . so you don't need a lot of time. You can see if your library or video store has them.

Katie - what are you in school for? I can just see you pulling that pack of cigs out of your back pack - I know your middle name is BETH.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:27 PM   #595  

Way to go Mary! You know I notice a change in all of my pants, but my jeans...either they were too tight to start off with and now they are just fitting, or there are little elves in my room at night making my jeans smaller

Julie~ i will look for those tapes. i just want to tone, not get muscle, so I don't really think I want to actually lift weights.

This is kind or personal, but since we are on the BM topic, I always thought you were supposed to have at least one a day, but a friend of mine who does colonics (sp?) said that you should have three and that basically 24 hours after you eat a solid food meal, it should come out, so kind of like a breakfast, lunch, dinner thing...anyone else heard of this?
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:47 PM   #596  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Shennie -
Oprah had a doctor on her show that was talking about bms. He said that you should have a bm at least one every 3 days. That everyone was different. He was also talking about the shape it should make when it comes out should be an S. He said if it was a healthy colon it would come out in the Shape of an S. I will look for a link....
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:49 PM   #597  
Missing Ohio

Chickies,

I have NO control these days. Just got back from Cracker Barrel and it was sooooooo good. Was supposed to WI today, but didn't go so I will see them Monday and collect my other Lites and not go back. I only have 6 weeks left anyway and don't intend waste gasoline by purchasing more weeks until after I get a job.

I will continue to lurk around the thread, but doubt if I will have much to contribute.

Off to my nappy time, see you chickies around the board.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:59 PM   #598  
Missing Ohio

Default Bm

Oh Yeah, I found this on about.com
Do you know what a normal bowel movement is?
Most of us spend most of our time trying not to think about our bowel movements, so it’s no surprise that many people do not know what a “normal” bowel movement is. The fact is that there is no 1 definition of a normal bowel movement. There are gradations of normal, and every person is going to have different bowel habits. There are, however, several signs that a bowel movement is abnormal and should be discussed with a physician.

Once a day, right?
Many people believe that the definition of a normal bowel movement is having 1 movement each day, but that is not true for everyone. There is no rule for frequency of bowel movements, but the general range is from 3 times a day to 3 times a week. Less than 3 movements a week may indicate constipation, and more than 3 watery stools a day could indicate diarrhea.

Size and shape
A bowel movement should be soft and easy to pass, though some people may have harder or softer stools than others. Stool should be brown or golden brown, be formed, have a texture similar to peanut butter, and have a size and shape similar to a sausage.

I'm out to take my nap.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 05:14 PM   #599  

Quote:
Originally Posted by textjewel
I have used silken tofu with frozen fruit and mango slices for a FANTASTIC smoothie - not on LAWL - I'd have to play around with it to figure out how to fit it in. . .
Julie
A counselor at the center gave me a recipe for a smoothie that I've become addicted to. It has just 4 ingredients that go into the blender:

1/4 cup silken tofu (1/2 protein)
8 oz milk (1 dairy)
1 serving fruit (1 fruit, duh!)
1 pkt artificial sweetener (condiment)

I bought a bunch of blueberries when they were in season and froze them into individual servings. It makes this so easy! I was having them every day for a long time, but found it hard to get my starch in unless I had a toast with it.

I also liked it with frozen strawberries, but it seemed like it needed more sweetener and I didn't want to use two packets.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 05:31 PM   #600  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedsuccess
Hi Everyone!

I have to also share that my BP was high on Wednesday during my first visit (I'm so glad they check). Anyway, I didn't get 'the juice' that day because of my high BP. Yesterday, I went to see the doctor and my BP was even higher. So, he prescribed some meds for me - 4 weeks worth. The meds include a combo of the BP meds with a diuretic (one little small pill has everything).
Anyway, I look forward to sharing all of our successes together on this journey.
Don't be surprised if your center tells you that you can't do the TakeOff juice. I am currently taking dyazide (water pill) for high BP and they have in my chart that I can't take it, along with a lot of other of their products. I'm happy about that because they never bug me to buy them. Every time they take my BP it is high, anywhere from 150/100 to 140/90. The other day they took it and it showed 150/98. I immediately went to the doctor's office and had them take it because if it is indeed running that high I want a different medication. It was 128/82. I never trusted the type that they use at the COD and now I know why. Even when they would take it using a cuff and sphygnomwhatever thingy they do it so sloppily that I'm sure they aren't getting an accurate reading. I used to take BP's in my work and that makes me more critical.

So, I just use the Knudsen's Morning Blend or the Hollywood 48 Hour diet juice and write in my diary that I am doing the modified TO with oranges.

I'm glad to see you got off to a great start!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote