Old 10-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #496  

Carmen - Your situation is very familiar to me. My body loves the number 160, that's where I feel comfortable and NOT fat. At that weight I think I look pretty normal. I had to remind myself that I still really want to see what 150 looks like. Besides the charts say I should weight that, not 160 - which I know and love.....
It seems to me that when I get to or around 160 I have to increase my effort, with eating and exercise - I have to crank it up a notch....Maybe that is what you need to do also.
I know you are working out now and that is great. If you stay on plan (eating) and continue to increase your workout effort - you will more than likely drop more pounds. I think it is just a matter of 'wanting' it bad enuf......Just my take.....
And remember - NEVER give up......Stay STUBBORN.......
Hugs to all.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:42 AM   #497  

I haven't been on board for a few days. Just checked in and saw something about new bars. Are they replacing the Double Chocolate? That is my favorite bar. Thanks for any help.
Nana2Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #498  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Carmen, Have you tried any visualization techniques? I do them, and I think it helps. I have a vision in my head of what the skinny me is going to look like, and I am looking for pieces of her as I lose. I also have some weight loss hypnosis cd's that I listen to occasionally. PM me if you want a copy. They are also the bomb for getting to sleep. I know after you have been heavy for a long time, it is so hard to see anything else, but I do believe strongly in the amazing power of our brains.

Andi, We have all done something similar to your food debacle yesterday. I agree with Sy about self sabatoge. You need to surround yourself with uplifting print, whether it is in the form of posters, quotes, prints, scriptures, ect. (Mirror, fridge, car, cell phone, etc.) I don't know how your church works, but in mine you can ask for a blessing to help you with whatever it is that you are up against. Maybe something like that would help. It is, like Star said once, and extremely personal battle. Find your center of focus, and stay there. Do not however, beat yourself up for a fall. Get up, dust yourself off, and keep going. You are worth it!!!!!

Okay, off of my soapbox. Sorry if I get preachy or offend anyone. I feel so strongly about learning to love and accept ourselves. Sometimes I can get emotional about it.
Yesterday was DH's birthday. I made a low fat yellow cake w/ff glaze. I had one small slice in place of a starch, fat, and a fruit. Do you suppose that was about right?
I also oven roasted some veggies that were really good. I cut zuchinni and carrots the long way into 4ths, and onions into thick slices, sprayed them with ICBINB Garlic and Herb, sprinkled them w/italian herbs, and broiled. Sooo good! My "miracle tea" is supposed to be here today, can't wait! Have a great day everybody! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:47 AM   #499  

Hiya chicks!

Hey, Sy, sounds like you did pretty well with all that temptation around you!

Andi - you poor chickie! I've had days like that, too, and believe it or not, maybe this plan doesn't have enough food for you?? However, when I'm really hungry like that - I try to go for protein, because it usually has *some* fat in it, and the protein keeps me going longer, and it doesn't cause the blood sugar spikes that make me want to eat more. Also, is it close to your TOM? around that time it seems like I'm always more hungrier than usual. And also, for me, if I don't get enough sleep, I'm also hungrier all day.

Carmen - I understand this really well, too. I was just thinking yesterday the being in the 180's when I was in my twenties, and feeling really fat. . .But anyway, I think we are all afraid of change. Also, the people around us may not want the change either. I also think that there are weights our bodies are happy at, and weight loss is slower at those points. Part of that may be self-sabotage - partially caused by the frustration at the slowness of the scale movement. When I go thru tough periods of really slow loss, I ask myself - I'm not happy where I am, and although it would be easier to regain the weight and more, I wasn't happy there either. So, for me, I go between *not* thinking about the possible effects of being thinner - (our expectations of thin people are much higher than for fat people) and when I'm feeling strong, to try to visualize what it is that frightens me. Oy, I'm getting really deep here. If I didn't make this clear, sorry, let me know, and I'll try to clarify. Or, if I'm totally off base, sorry, too.

Nana2girls - yes, I'm pretty sure they're replacing the double choc lites with the new brownie one. You may want to stock up at your center if they're your faves. . .

Katie - think you did fine on the cake. .

Mary, what kind of veg are you eating? Can you pick higher fiber carb selections?

Hi Star!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:47 AM   #500  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Mary...Ummm...I know what youre talking about, Ive been going through the same thing I actually took a laxative this week and it didnt even work. My body is definitely not getting enough fat, I think. Im on the blue plan and get one fat per day. They tell me at the center to have a baked apple or lemon water...neither work for me. I am hoping this will, um..."pass". I swear, if it did, Id weigh less- LOL!!!! Hang in there!
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:51 AM   #501  

To move things along for sure ......Diet Slim Tea fromthe chinese market.......100% effective......
Do not use if you are pregnant, nursing or old........
Old 10-27-2005, 10:53 AM   #502  
banned

Any ideas where else to get this? We dont have a Chinese market in town How shall I sat this...um...is this a "quick" fix , as in, it hits you like a ton of bricks? Or is it more gentle?
Old 10-27-2005, 10:55 AM   #503  
banned

And Andi- I know that when I used to do the FIRM, I was very hungry...who knows I also found that after awhile my joints couldnt take it anymore (and Im in my early 30's and was about 160lb when I was doing it) and my weight loss halted while I was using it. I know WW and the FIRM are very popular combos!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:55 AM   #504  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Mary, We were posting at the same time. I use tea that way too, for hunger. I did this whole starvation thing last fall where I pretty much lived on tea. Lost 35 lbs in 2 months. Put 45 back on in one month. Thank goodness I am learning a healthy way this time!! Have you tried hot drinks for your constipation? I have to drink a big mug of hot, strong coffee every day, or I don't go either. Good luck!!! Katie
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:56 AM   #505  
banned

OMG Katie! Did you EAT anything in that time? Or just drink tea?
Old 10-27-2005, 11:00 AM   #506  

Deets - No, I don't where else to get it, it is a certain brand. You drink it at night and it works first thing in the a.m.
I'll try and remember to bring the box in tomorrow and give you the address of the company......
Also my doctor told me to eat more fiber (25-25 grams a day)...and he approved Senokot with Stool softner (as often as daily if needed).....
With my condition (cc) I have to treat it different than normal people. But I do agree that our diet is way short on fat......
Old 10-27-2005, 11:00 AM   #507  

Andi -- Personally, I don't think you should ever let yourself get that hungry. If you are really hungry (not just craving something), then EAT. Try to eat on-plan foods, but eat (and drink lots of water while you are eating). Figure out what types of on-plan foods satisfy you most and try eating those when you get really hungry. My days are all about distributing my foods so that I don't get hungry--if I let myself get too hungry then I will overeat. I often have 2 or 3 snacks over the course of the morning (in addition to breakfast). I have also used foods like celery when I needed something "extra"--I don't believe that extra celery sticks will cause anyone to gain weight!
boyerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:09 AM   #508  
2BorNot2B...its up 2 me

Andi- (((hugs))) i know how dissapointed you must be, but forgive yourself. Many times I have have btdt (been there done that.) There are days on this plan when I think I can not possibly get another thing in my mouth. Then a couple of days later I am in physical pain from the hunger pains in my stomach. In looking back over my journals I have noticed a pattern. Usually one of my hungriest days is after a heavy starch day or "cheat" day i get back on plan and a few days later I am starved. Or sometimes I choose LS V8 for my veggies say and i have learned that leaves me hungry the next day. I need to make better choices.
mrsbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #509  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Hey girls ... I am hoping that I can get a question answered ...

I am on the gold plan, if I want to cut out my bars as part of my plan, what do I add to my plan ?

Thanks for any help ... (I am really trying to get back on the "wagon")
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #510  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Try flax oil capsules...2 per day works great!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote