Old 08-30-2005, 09:27 PM   #1  

Default $5/ week commercial

I have been doing LAWL since June and have lost 21 lbs. When I started, I set my goal at what I could afford, not really where I want to be.....

My center had the promotion where if you came in 10 times during the month of June, July, August, you receive a $25 coupon that can be used on anything.

I plan to purchase more WL weeks w/ 2 of my coupons. Well, TODAY I asked the counselor if the $5/week special was going on now and was told that no, the lites are on special this week.

Well, no sooner was I home and had the TV on, that the commercial for LAWL came on and stated the $5/week special - ACK!

They aren't going to be happy that I plan on spending my $50 worth of coupons on more WL weeks b/c they would normally try to talk me into it later when it's more expensive.

Anyone else buy the WL weeks along the way when they go on sale?
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

slimmerkim-tell them that in your area the commercial is running for $5 a week, and let them know you want them to honor that. Be hard nosed about it.

The reason men get what they want is because they usually are more hard nosed-and will take their business elsewhere more quickly than women in a lot of cases.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

It is a common perception that women are pushovers, and men "mean business". After dealing with me though, a lot of people have learned otherwise. My husband is more the pushover.

marbear-your story is a perfect example of that treatment. I am glad you kept after them until you got your free rental.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote