Take off juice

• Can anyone tell me anything about the take-off juice?? I don't know too much about it. When I went in today, I was up 2 lbs., so they gave me the juice to use in place of two fruits... the guy said I couldn't use it when i first joined. how is the juice typically used? any help is appreciated!!!! thanks!
  • Whoops! wrong name!! I meant Fast Forward!
    I meant the juice is called fast forward. LOL messed up. Anyway, I'm supposed to drink 4 oz. of it mixed with 4 oz. of water one time a day to count as two fruits. is this how it is normally used? thanks!
    linda
  • Linda - I haven't heard of this - usually TO juice or Fast Forward juice - is sort of modified juice fast. Usually when we talk about TO on the board here, we mean this juice fast -- and it is usually 4oz of water and 4oz of juice.

I have also heard that they've reformulated the juice, and they've probably increased the ways to use it -- so, this may be a new way.

Why don't you ask them why they made the substitution? What is it supposed to give us that we can't get from fruit? There may be some new additives - I think they've added more fiber, especially.

Hope this helps!

Julie
  • juice fasting
    How can we do a juice fast with the fast forward or take off... i mean, if we consume nothing but water and juice, won't we just be losing water weight? won't the weight just come back after we add food back? just curious. i wasn't told to use it as a fast, but i found that interesting!
  • Actually eating your two fruits is healthier for you IMHO. They give you the take off juice for two reasons:

~#1, to make a sale. The counselors work on commission.

~#2, since juice runs through your system a lot quicker, and since a lot of fruit juice tends to "clean some people out" you are going to see scale loss at your next weigh in. Yes, it is probably water weight, and yes, fresh fruit is healthier.

If you still want to do the fasts, next time buy Knudsen's Morning Blend juice. It is sold at Kroger in their health food section for about $3.50-$4.00. The ingredients are almost identical.
  • Quote: Actually eating your two fruits is healthier for you IMHO. They give you the take off juice for two reasons:

~#1, to make a sale. The counselors work on commission.

~#2, since juice runs through your system a lot quicker, and since a lot of fruit juice tends to "clean some people out" you are going to see scale loss at your next weigh in. Yes, it is probably water weight, and yes, fresh fruit is healthier.

If you still want to do the fasts, next time buy Knudsen's Morning Blend juice. It is sold at Kroger in their health food section for about $3.50-$4.00. The ingredients are almost identical.
    I don't have a Kroger near me. Someone told me before that the Hollywood 48 hour diet was the same. Is this true? I can find that near me. Also, if I use the juice, then add food back in, will I gain back the weight I lose? The juice was free, so I'm not complaining..figured I would give it a try.... thanks!
  • They probably gave it to you to get you to buy it in the future, because you will see a scale loss.
    Yes, Hollywood diet juice is similar, but try to check Walgreens or places that sometimes have it on special-2 for $9.99 or something. I would not pay $10-$15 for a single bottle of it-although it is still cheaper than the LAWL juice.
  • Linda - I can find the Knudsen's morning blend in both of my local grocery stores - usually in the health food section. I don't have a Kroger's close to me either!

Julie
  • Sorry - I missed something in one of your earlier posts-- the TO juice is used with a modified fast - there is food included! One version has 2 lites, 6oz protein and 2c green veg -- and the other is unlimited protein and veg (I think) -- but in both, you have the 4oz juice 4x a day.

I think both are suggested to sort of *shock* your system and break a plateau.

Julie
  • I get the morning blend at wild oats, I think vitamin cottage has it as well..