Old 08-29-2005, 01:01 PM   #901  

Height: 5' 4"

Actually it is kind of contagious. I guess you would have to be around me physically for it to rub off. I have noticed a lot of my co-workers have been either dieting or watching their weight, including the men..... The water delivery guy would hate me if he knew I was the reason he was having to do more work. Even my kids have been paying a little more attention to what they are shoving down their throats. My DFSS wants whatever I eat if he thinks its healthy. DF even helps me read the food labels when we go food shopping.....

Last edited by MetalChic; 08-29-2005 at 01:04 PM.
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:06 PM   #902  

Karen, it seems that you are journalling if you're doing fitday. I understand completely about not going to COD -- if you're doing well, and it's across town -- What is the recommended fitday calorie allowance? Just curious. The thing about calorie watching (for me at least) it's too easy for me to spend the cals on no-nos.

Star- I've been to one Renfaire - and I really enjoyed it -- I'm thinking maybe again this year. .
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #903  

My recommended caloric intake is 1783; to lose weight I should eat 1283. So I eat between 1283 and 1783 calories a day.

I am still following the plan as in eating the foods and the portion sizes. I just don't feel so bad if I want to eat another spoonful of something. Actually, some days I actually go eat something else because I haven't eaten enough for the day. I also use it if I want to have something sweet that is on plan just to make sure I'm not pushing myself over 1783 calories.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:16 PM   #904  

BTW, today is my daughters 14th birthday! So 14 years ago, I was giving birth--kind of hard to believe.

You know I'm going to make it possible for me to have one piece of her birthday cake that I made her with a low-fat recipie.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:20 PM   #905  

Karen - you are the diet and everyone wants to follow you......what a compliment that is!
I keep waiting for my DH to want to join me in more healthy eating. Just yesterday he told me he doesn't ever want to do what I'm doing. I said why? He said because your always on a diet I guess that's how he looks at it and rightfully so since I have been on one plan or another since we met.
Julie - I did have a turkey leg at RenFest.......and water.......Those costumes looked so hot and heavy.... DDIL and I had our DH's arrested, where they got locked up for 15 minutes and then had to do silly stuff up on the stage, like sing and dance....It was good
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:22 PM   #906  

Star--Perhaps I should go to the Ren. Festival this weekend... After all, my boobs are constantly popping out of my bras. I always look like I have this odd lump or tumor on my chest. I'm forever reaching up my shirt to real the sucker in! Of course, that's only on the right side 'cause it's bigger.

Too much information! But it's so fun to share!!!
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:29 PM   #907  

Jenn - There were plenty of them 'free' at the RenFest - lol
Old 08-29-2005, 02:36 PM   #908  

Karen - what kind of low fat cake? with a mix or from scratch?

Star - your DH seems to be a real honey.
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 02:44 PM   #909  

I've been using Duncan Hines Cake Mix and using the low-fat recipie. Its in a small box about half way on the back of the box. It calls for applesauce instead of oil. The water and eggs may be different, and I know you have to reduce your baking time. Then I only use about half of the frosting....
Old 08-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #910  

karen - That cake sounds yummy - Happy Birthday to your DD.....
Julie - Ray (my DH) is a great sport. I think people can see that becuz many times when people get picked out of the audience - guess who gets picked? Yes, and he loves it......In FL he got picked to learn how to learn to hula dance with a bevy of hot women.....lol
Old 08-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #911  

Hi all! You ladies post so much so fast ! Maybe it just seems that way to me though, because I am 3 hours behind many of you! Not much to post on this end, I am hovering at 201. But it has been jumping too, like on Saturday I was at 204, then yesterday back to 201, my crazy body. I have become such a slacker, I rarely journal and I go to the COD maybe once a week, usually more like once every 2 or 3 weeks. I just never want to go in there. Maybe I'll do better once I start school, the COD is very close to my school.

I am the official babysitter today. I have my neighbor's kids while she runs errands and my sister is bringing my 2 nephews to me in a few hours. My poor sister, she was due on the 20th, so she is a little over 41 weeks and miserable. She has to have an ultrasound today at 2:30 to see if all the fluids are okay, if they are the earliest they'll induce is on Sept. 3rd, she is so frustrated, bless her heart. Her youngest Mason is only 19 months and now she is due to have this one, another boy, 3 boys, I can't imagine.

Anyway hope all of you have a great day on plan!!

(PS...I had my friend take a pic of me yesterday and I changed my profile pic, so you all can see my changes)

Last edited by aag118; 08-29-2005 at 03:24 PM.
aag118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 04:00 PM   #912  

Default Wow

Athena - YOU look FABULOUS

DSD had a baby girl Saturday - she named her Samatha Rose she weighed 8.4, blue eyes, dark hair...really cute. DH and I took her some gifts Saturday. So now I have 3 GB girls and 1 GB boy....with one on the way.... DDIL wants a girl to go with her boy, but I think she will have another boy

Okay - This may not be the right place to post this, but I'm soooooooooooooo excited My DSIL and I have found a Jazzercise class right by our house. It's at 6 p.m. on M-W-T....We both took Jazzercise years ago (80's) and loved it. I wonder how much it's changed?
Old 08-29-2005, 04:05 PM   #913  

Okay--I have to ask and I'll probably have a V8 moment when someone tells me (you know, hitting myself on the head, saying "DUH") but what the heck does COD stand for? I know it ain't cash on delivery in this instance. Help a newbie out...
Old 08-29-2005, 04:08 PM   #914  

Mary:

Back to more TMI, but I may have to try those Bali bras. I have to be careful 'cause mine sag so severely I end up chaffed underneath them and get horrible painful rashes there. And they're so "long" as my DD puts it that the rash ends up on my belly! Better there than the front of my thighs, I suppose!!! I can't wait to lose weight and hopefully get these things down to a regular size.

As for big babies nursing--my last baby was 10pounds, 5 ounces at birth. And since he was born that big in Houston, TX, we call him BUBBA.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:12 PM   #915  

Jenn- I LOVE Bubba.... my son Casey was born in Houston too...(9 lbs)
COD - Center of Doom, for LAWL center and COD (center counselor)
lol