Old 08-26-2005, 08:46 PM   #871  

How often do you have the nuts? They're pretty high in fat. Also, do you get hungry? You may want to switch your starches to something higher in fiber.
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 02:17 AM   #872  
208/180/125

Carmen,
I think that Bre and I are doing the TO/FF this weekend...
well, i know that I am...
catch you online this weekend...
we can commiserate about how we are doing...
Talk to ya later,
--Dee
dee in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 07:38 AM   #873  

Julie--I've only had nuts once since I started. I didn't love them unsalted.

I suppose I could try higher fiber stuff. Bleah. But I'll keep trying.

Last night I wanted a TREAT so badly. My husband bought me some sugar free, Fat free ice cream (Edy's Chocolate Fudge). That 1/2 cup was all I needed to completely satisfy my sweet tooth. I'm sure I was craving chocolate because of not losing weight and it was good that I didn't go off plan at all. I still had a starch left for the day and I used it and it was delicious! So, after my chocolate fix I'm feeling better this morning. After all, I'm sticking to the plan 100% so if I don't lose it all in the 50 weeks, they'll give me more weeks.

Have a great weekend.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:47 AM   #874  

Exclamation frustrated!

Hi Ladies!

New to this thread. Have been on the program for almost a year. When I started, I was committed all the way. Have a condition called PCOS, which is a form of infertility. Due to this condition, my glucose levels were up and my initial motivation was to show my doc that I can control my glucose WITHOUT meds. This, in fact, worked and my levels have returned to normal

Since Jan 1, I have slacked BIG TIME. My excuse was school (a 33-year-old finishing her bachelors degree within an accelerated program, where I should graduate in May 2006). My original motivation was having a baby once school was over. Now, I don't know what my motivation is. Anyone else have the same problem?

On the blue plan due to my blood pressure, which is being monitored by my doc with, of course, meds. Have strayed so much. During the week, I will be fine at work, but once I get home, I have a tendency to forget everything due to my frustration with school. Also go to the gym when I can; however, I find it difficult even though I need to go 8 times a month to obtain my discount through my insurance provider.

Sorry for going on and on Need suggestions on how I can get back on track. Have lost approximately 50 pounds thus far on the program, but haven't seen a substantial decrease since last year (pretty much stayed the same for the past 8 months). Any suggestions? Using the Lites, but hate paying for them (cramping into my budget). Not doing the bulk, just paying as they are consumed. Thank you for any help/suggestions/ideas!
frustrated flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:50 AM   #875  
Missing Ohio

Default TO/FF Weekend

Good Saturday Morning Chickies,

I'm off cut the grass as I sip my fasting drink and then shower and go to the beauty shop. That will certainly keep me on plan, because I will waste most of the day there listening to my books on IPOD.

Carm and Dee, let's do this.

p.s. I'm going to take cut up celery, carrots and cukes with me so that I won't be tempted to have a bag of chips, etc.

later will check once I get back home

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 08-27-2005 at 08:53 AM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 03:14 PM   #876  
208/180/125

You are doin' great, Bre!!!
I had a ton of water this am...
weighed in with 2.0 lbs loss this AM for the week.
I am still feelin kind of ucky from the cold...but hangin in there...
I slept in, so I am going for my first round of FF juice in just a few.
Hang in there,
--Dee
Old 08-27-2005, 03:37 PM   #877  

Frustrated Flower (Can I call you FF for short?)
You're obviously doing well and have lost a lot. I'm really new to the program, and so far I'm not losing as quickly as I would like to, so I don't have much wisdom to impart. But welcome to this thread and it gets busier during the week.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 09:53 PM   #878  

Default Dee in AZ

Check here and see if you like any of these. I "borrowed" the one you are currently using and modified it a little.
http://public.fotki.com/EweWho/dee/
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #879  
208/180/125

Talking Regina---THANK YOU!!!

You are so wonderful to have remembered, Regina!
I love both #4 ,#5 and #6...how do I get it to post as my avatar?
I am not sure which to choose...also, if I posted the island one...will the thumbsize in the corner show up?
You really improved the composition on the existing avatar! You have a terrific eye.
Now I just wish I could make a decision.
Thanks, again,
You are Terrific!
--Dee
Old 08-27-2005, 11:48 PM   #880  
208/180/125

FF is going slow this time around...for the first time ever I am wishing the weekend were OVER...
I have a half a protein bar left and off to bed I go...
One more day to go!
Hope things are going well for you Bre and Carmen!
Have a terrific weekend, all!
--Dee
Old 08-28-2005, 03:48 PM   #881  
208/180/125

Mary...
good to hear about the bank...mine is never merciful...
regarding the Off plan stuff...heck, it was only one day...not like you had an extra 5000 calories (which is what you would have had to have eaten to gain 2.5).
You are a MUCH nicer person than me, by the way...when something comes back and it is not as I ordered (AKA...not plan)...I send it back and ask them to correct it.
Last night I was getting a grilled chicken sandwich and sent it back because it came back fried...I ONCE ate the chicken fried and felt like total crud the whole day...and I will not do that again...
Think of it this way...if someone gave you regular coke instead of diet coke...you would ask for a change out, right? (this is just another extension of looking out for your best interest).
Way to jump back in the game, today! Drink TONS of water...and you might even try warm lemon water tonight...not sure if it works...but I did it after my chicken soup fiasco this week...and I seem to be on track again.
You are doing great!!!!
--Dee
Old 08-28-2005, 05:16 PM   #882  

Hi chicks!

Another really quiet weekend. Congrats to you chickies doing TO -- I may be joining you on the next round!

Mary, I have done what Dee suggests. In this day and age, it is perfectly normal to be a little high maintainence, esp after you ASKED for the food to be a certain way.

Me -- I had thai last night, ordered something I didn't know (it was good), but I didn't expect it to be swimming in peanut sauce. Next time, I'll order something more familiar, or at least ask.. . However, I'm proud that I only had 1/2 c of rice, and I'd saved my starches, fat, a fruit -- so I tried to minimize the calorie damage. Today, I'm cooking chicken and roasting veg to give me a heads up on the week. MUCH easier to stay POP when the food is ready and in the fridge.

Dee, where are you from in WV? I love the southwest - there is such a variety in terrain - mountains, desert. .

Julie
Old 08-29-2005, 12:38 AM   #883  
208/180/125

Mary,

I know what you mean.
I spent a week in France and ALL I ate was bread and pastries (later in life I discovered how WONDERFUL the actual FOOD is!)...French food is a death sentence for any diet I am on, because I love it SOOO much. I steer clear of anything that SOUNDS French when I am on a diet. I get instant amnesia that I am even ON a diet.

Julie,

I am from north central WV--two towns--Clarksburg and Buckhannon.
I went to school there as well...and just as soon as I got done I left the state (no jobs available for a young gal with no real work experience in that economy).

I know what you mean, Julie, about the Southwest--I remember the first time I really drove a long distance in Arizona. I was like an in-person geology lesson. Still sometimes when I am driving, I just stop and look around. I remember about reading about things in science class that I see every day now--things like mesas, deserts, high mountains...the diversity is amazing.

Well, have a great Monday morning...I will catch up with you all tomorrow night. Talk to ya later!

--Dee

PS...thank GOODNESS TO/FF is OVER...I MADE IT!!!! I am off to bed with some water...I can have FRUIT in the morning. WOOHOOO!

Last edited by dee in az; 08-29-2005 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:11 AM   #884  

Good morning ladies!

Congrats on doing TO this weekend!

Flower: It's a mind thing with this dieting thing - it's very hard to stay motivated after getting off plan. But, you must be doing okay since you have kept the 50 lbs off. Think of it as maintenance. Now it's time to get back to the basics. Start measuring and get out the diary and start jounraling. I know how you feel when all your free time is geared towards your studies, I was very frustrated when working full-time and going to college. I did perfectly at the beginning of this plan, and I'm still doing okay - but I'm not always POP. My only suggestion is making lots of OP foods so when you get home, it's ready and waiting for you. I normally cook about 3/4 servings of chicken at 1 time so I don't have to think too much about what I'm going to eat. I don't have off plan foods in the house.

Mary: Glad you had a nice time with you sisters.

Julie: I'd love to try a thai or some asian restaurants. DH and I were going to go out on Friday, I suggested the above, but said forget it because I would't have a clue as to what to order. I would have to go with an experience person to know what was what. Great job at only eatting 1/2 cup of rice. It's so hard not to be something once it's on our plates.

Dee, what part of AZ do you live in. With the temps you were writing in last week I would say the Phoenix or Tuzson area?

I'm working at booth at the NYS Fair today and tomorrow so I'm off to play for the next 2 days. I'll post if I can.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 08:40 AM   #885  

Hi chicks!

Start of a new week, and the last few days of August. Where has the summer gone?

Sy- how was the camping over the weekend? And what booth at the NYS fair?

Dee - have you been to the Grand Canyon? The area up to there from Phoenix is so different than the Phoenix area. Tell me, have you ever seen a dust storm on the road? Last year, I was taking I-10 from Phoenix to Tucson, saw signs along the road for duststorms - that you should pull off -- do you get enough warning?

Flowers -- I missed your post yesterday, sorry! I agree with Sy, you've done a great job at maintaining! It is so hard to get back to the POP (Perfect on Plan) mode once we've been off. What I try to do, is take it day by day- and resolve to do everything right for that day. It gets easier after about 4-5 days. For me, the shock at seeing the 5-6 pound gain after being off plan for a while is the kick in the pants. So, once again for me, the true first step is facing the scale. Because sometimes I don't feel the 5-6 pounds, and it can easily get to be 10-15.

Hi to all you other chicks!

Julie