Old 08-25-2005, 02:55 PM   #826  
208/180/125

hey gals,
I am home sick (but it IS a BETTER day!)..I can eat again!
Yesterday I was trying to crunch through just about all of my fiber oriented food on one side of my mouth...
but today I am PAIN-FREE...WOOHOOO
(just wished the fever had not kicked into a higher mode...but heck, the fever will pass).
munchin on watermelon, catching up on e-mails, and just kind of relaxing...I think I am due after all of the "tile work" last week.
Good thing about not feelin so well...I am guzzling water...
heck it is over 100 outside right now...I went to work and got "cold chills"...in 105 degree temperatures!...I knew it was a "Work from home" day then.
Have an absolutely terrific day, gals...and keep doing good things for yourselves!
---Dee
dee in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #827  

Hope you feel better, Dee.
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:59 PM   #828  

Hola, mis pollitas! (That's made up spanish for "Howdy, chickies!)

Got just a few quiet minutes to post...been fairly busy today, and The Boss could come back any time...anyway, weighed exactly the same today, which is probably okay considering we went to a friend's going-away party last night (she and her two kids are moving to Germany!!! because her newlywed DH is army and is stationed there) and there was no OP food to be seen, but I didn't eat very much of it (couple sections of Subway giant sandwich, loaded with mayo unfortunately, and a brownie). Have been OP so far today, though, even drinking my water! So hopefully will be down tomorrow a.m.

Here's some interesting news for you guys...DH and I have decided we're ready to have another kid! We've been going back and forth on the subject for a couple months, basically since I came due to have my next Depo shot, but finally decided we might as well go for it. The main factor holding us back was that I didn't want to deal with being both overweight and pregnant, but after doing some reading and finding out how long the Depo takes to fully flush out of the body (6+ months!), we figured the chances of getting pg right away are pretty slim (and that's A-OK with us!!). So anyway, now I REALLY have to start kicking LAWL butt, because I STILL would like to be closer to slim than not by the time things start happening "in there" LOL!

BTW, don't tell my parents, okay??
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:23 PM   #829  

and it takes time for BC to kick in -- I have a friend who's daughter's DH was stationed in Iraq(now, do you get that?) and went off BC, then went back on a couple of months before he was due to come back --and now she's PG.

How often do you have to get the depo shot?

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:32 PM   #830  

Star - too funny about the retired stripper. I guess that's better than a retired angel!
Old 08-25-2005, 04:34 PM   #831  

The depo is every 12 weeks. I loved it - obviously, as I was on it for nearly 5 years. Way back when, I had a REALLY hard time finding a BC pill that worked for me - just when I thought I had found one, it turned out that I was pregnant with DD, go figure. So I started on the Depo right after DD was born and it's been my best friend ever since (mainly because it kept certain "other friends" from making their monthly visits...). The only real downside is that you have to schedule the Dr. visit every 3 months, not like a pill or patch where you just call in your refill.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:41 PM   #832  

Fi - hows DH"s job going?
Old 08-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #833  

It's going good!! Things were really crazy for a while, what with all the summer activities. But he's really whipping everybody into shape, got lots of new ideas started. He doesn't really like that he has to be behind a desk on the computer or the phone the majority of the week, but he knew that was part of the deal, and the fun he has with the kids makes up for it, I think.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:06 PM   #834  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Goodnight Everyone. OP Thoughts! (I think right now I'm saying that more for myself than anyone else, you're all doing so well.) Anyways...

Dee - I will look for you later on.

Regina - thanks again!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 05:31 PM   #835  

I knew I'd mess it up -- no, when he came back from Iraq, she'd been on bc for about 2 months, and got PG right away. Not Planned. They had to really rethink their plans -- she's in law school, etc.

ETA - Carmen -keep the faith, enjoy the sensation of clean laundry in your own home!
Old 08-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #836  

Yeah, will I didn't lose any weight but I was able to get my post dated checks back from bars that I had bought. I am happy about that. I gave them a sob story and told them I had no money and that the plan was not working for me right now. I told them that I have a very hectic schedule and that I felt I was waisting my money. I guess she must of got sick of my putting down the program so she said okay here are your checks and you don't have to do the bars if you don't want. I feel much better. I am still contemplating whether or not I want to stick with this or go to WW. We will se what comes into my head later on tonight or tomorrow.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:51 PM   #837  
Missing Ohio

Default Crown

Dee - I just got a crown Tuesday and haven't had any problems yet. There is just the cement coming off that feels like popcorn hulls. Hope you feel better. I'm looking forward to FastForward Sat/Sun.

Jenn - those are pretty afghans. You are talented.

Carmen - what part of Cleveland do you reside in. I'm in the Euclid/Cleveland area.

I LOVE BEING CALLED A LOSER (I forget now who said it - but it's great to think of myself as losing all of this unwanted weight).

Ladies, have a great weight lost night
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:38 PM   #838  

Aww, Mary, I'm sorry that you are hungry! I'm assuming you've eaten all your foods, but how about something from the condiment section like Jell-O? If nothing else, eat a celery stick or something! Is it late enough you can go to bed?
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:45 AM   #839  
208/180/125

Thanks, Bre...we are on for TO...I don't care if I spend the whole day in bed.
I totally blew the diet today for sodium....I just NEEDED some chicken soup...not sure how off the charts the soup was, my Fiance brought it home to me and brought it up to the bed (what a total sweetheart).

Fiona--I do NOT wanna scare you...but I know of three people who had REALLY adverse reactions, physically when they went off Depo after 3 years (myself included). We all three ended up with pretty severe cases of cysts of some sort on cervix/ovaries within 6 months of going off of the shot. PLEASE make sure you get your annual shortly after you go off of the shot. Granted I was on it about 8 years ago...so the formula MIGHT have changed...

Also, for anyone looking to go on Depo--it is awesome because you don't have to remember to take you pill once a day...and there is a high probability you will not have periods after a while...BUT...everyone I know that went on it, gained about 30-35 pounds while on it (I forget whether it simulates the hormonal basis of menopause or pregnancy, but it was NOT fun; and I consider myself really stable emotionally--but I had CRAZY mood swings)...and I have never had any adverse reactions to medication like that. But, hey, I have not seen a class action law suit about this so...maybe it was totally a coincidence.

Sorry...stepping off my soapbox now...I can attribute 35 pounds, a lost relationship and the ability to have kids to Depo ...(they cut out a bit too much of my cervix for pregnancy to be safe for me--pre-cancerous cysts)...Sorry to be a "downer" about this...I am totally healthy now and I have resolved myself that all is for the best on this (likely a higher power made a decision for me)...but I would HATE for it to happen to someone else.

Last edited by dee in az; 08-26-2005 at 01:00 AM.
dee in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:55 AM   #840  

Default Eagles recipe book

Did anyone else's center 'team up' with the Phil. Eagles? My center has some sort of thing goin with the Eagles and they gave out these little recipe books. MY question is..... I thought we could only eat things in our book they gave us when we signed up. There are NO hot dogs listed in that book, and yet, the Eagles recipe book (it comes from the Eagles and LAWL) has HEALTHY CHOICE hotdogs and lite buns in it!! I am confused. How can I eat something not in my book?
912go is offline   Reply With Quote