Old 08-23-2005, 04:24 PM   #751  
Missing Ohio

Default Chicken

Dee - I eat my chicken all week. Usually, I bake a chicken or breast on Sunday and eat it until it's gone by Friday. I don't play around with chicken and meat in general left too long in the frig. When it gets close to being 3-4 days and I don't think that I want anymore, I will freeze it. Deli turkey is such a waste. I like to low sodium turkey breast but it doesn't last long so I have to get 1/4 lb. and go to the store again if I want it.

I'll join you on the TO quest this weekend. I'm supposed to start one tomorrow, but will wait. Are we talking Sat. and Sun. yes

later,

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 08-23-2005 at 04:28 PM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:33 PM   #752  

Mary: I actually went in at the beginning of July to the doctor because Carson had the runs. The doctor saw him for about 3 minutes and said to me, "If this was my kid, I'd be really worried about him 'cause I think he's autistic." I couldn't believe it! If that weren't bad enough, she went on to tell me that since I was moving in 3 weeks (from then) that she couldn't do anything about it because all the early intervention stuff is done county-by-county. So I spent all of July worrying about it until we got moved here and found a pediatrician. That pediatrician spent a good half hour with him and told me that she didn't think he was autistic, but wanted him checked by the school district because he is speech delayed. Today was the end of the evaluation by those people and they said he IS autistic, but high-functioning. I know they can do a lot of good for him. He will start school on Sept. 6. 5 days a week, for 5 hours a day!!! That seems like so much for my little baby (yes, he's two). But I'll do whatever it takes.

Regina: how does one go about reqesting an avatar and do you do them for just anyone or is there some sort of secret club I have to get initiated into?
jmpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:44 PM   #753  

Fiona (BKS) - I am in shock that YOU are introverted & reserved Out of all the chicks on here I would have never pegged you for that. You must really change your style on here - but I love the spunk

Dee- I also cook batches of chicken breast, it is soooooo easy that way. But recently I have been cooking just two on my Geo Foreman, it only takes like 7 minutes. But when I cook a batch I will eat it Sunday - Thrusday. I haven't gotten sick yet Prior to LA, years ago, my diet was:
oatmeal for breakfast, Saldad and chicken for lunch, Salad & chicken and bread for dinner. It worked well and that was the first 25 pound loss from the 216 number. (Funny, now I pay to lose and can't get it together )

Mitch - Nice NSV from the church lady! Hey even if you go on hold - you still have to post and hang with us. Is that Simba as your avatar? Dave is a wonderful 'soulmate' name

Jenn -

Still doing good on the Fast Forward.......I'm not even having a hard time leaving the DC Lites alone (They are in my desk, not a foot away). I guess it's all our frame of mind -go figure....

Last edited by Star; 08-23-2005 at 04:52 PM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:00 PM   #754  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Star, what's an NSV? Dave dumped me this a.m.....after talking til 12:30 last night he's decided this a.m. that he has to be a bachelor, he's not ready for a relationship. This is after we discussed it last night and i asked him if he was ready and capable of a relationship and he said he was. He also said that for me to consider moving in with another guy, he didn't like that....whatever.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:08 PM   #755  

Michele - Sorry about Dave - his loss! He doesn't want a relationship but he wants to tell you where to live and with who? Relationship talks -I remember those from when I was single and I ran into several hardcore bachelors, then I would move on.
Your gonna find a much better guy!
NSV - Nonscale victory - Julie's term....
Old 08-23-2005, 05:21 PM   #756  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:31 PM   #757  

Star - we will just have to arrange a 3FC/LAWL get-together and then you can judge for yourself!!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:33 PM   #758  

Default .

FI (BKS) I just can't believe you could fake me out so bad........I would have to see it in person..........
And someone that gets 'slighty intoxicated' between dinner posting - that's my kind of chick - not an introvert.....

Last edited by Star; 08-23-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:33 PM   #759  

Well, Mary, my hand went up and I'm not even sure what an alpha female is!

Jenn, for the avatar, all you have to do is ask. It helps if I know what you like, fairies, flowers, dogs, cats, bears, whatever.... and it helps if I know what colors you like.

Fiona's was easy because she told me she liked fairies and blue, green and hot pink.

Making them is easy. I use Paint Shop Pro. I find a picture I like, reduce the size to 110 by 110 pixels because that is the limit they allow here for an avatar, then I play around with the different fonts. You can't put too much into them like you can a tag because you have to compress them so they aren't over 7.8 KB. You can see all the avatars I've got uploaded in my Fotki albums. I put them there so the person can see all that I've made and choose which ones they like and save those. I make a folder with your name on it so you can easily find yours.

Fiona ~ was the one with the stripped socks the one hubby liked?
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:03 PM   #760  

Mary-I don't think Carson would cooperate with them if I'm there, so I'm going to let him go. I will miss him. It's more time than it would be if it were half-day kindergarten!

Regina - Would you please make me an avatar when you get the chance? I love angels, if you have any pictures of them. Or tigers... I like yellow and blue best. If it just says Jenn with the picture, that would be wonderful.

Thanks so much!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:26 PM   #761  

Default Pizza

We had pizza for dinner tonight. Quick and easy and I know I can have it on Carb Cravers, so I did. I love pizza. But tonight, I really didn't enjoy it. Weird, huh? It tasted so salty and greasy. I'm sure it's partially because I had just plain cheese, but it just wasn't good.

Here's a question for all of you who are experienced with LAWL:
Do I really HAVE to eat the whole thing??? I took a serving of shrimp at lunch today and by the time I got to the end, I almost puked 'cause it was just too much. Can I just not eat it? I mean, we are trying to change our lifestyles here, right? When we're off this diet, we don't want to feel like we belong to the "clean plate" club...

Just a question.

Have a nice evening. I'm going to go crochet now. I wonder how many calories that burns...
Old 08-23-2005, 10:39 PM   #762  

Regina, yep it was, how did you guess??? I'll put it up so everybody can get a kick out of it.
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:34 AM   #763  

Good Morning everyone!

Julie: Haven't made it to the COD yet this week but I will get there.

jmpike: My nephew was diagnosed with Asperger Symdome a form of autism. He was a late talker, and has had social problems since he started Pre-K. I mean, how many parents gets calls from the school at that age for your child being bad and agressive and other quirks? Finally, at age 8 he was tested by the school and today, he's doing great. He's a different person and it's not like my sister tried to ignore it, it's just so sudtle it's hard to pin-point. He's always been a clinger, even at age 5 he was hanging on her legs, and she just thought he was a moma boy. We (the rest of the family) have always thought that he was so different in quirky ways, clumsy, again - hard to pin-point if there was a problem or not. She had to make the hard decision of him taking medication, but after he was on it for a week or two, everyone saw such a different in the little guy, and he's teachers were stunned and couldn't believe he was the same little boy. He's more interactive, he pays attention and does well in school. Actually, he always did well in school - he was just very disruptive. He only saw things as black or white - no deviations in his mind. He's always had this gagging/puking thing going on since birth - and has always had this thing for texture on things that he would eat or wouldn't. Now that we and my sister knows what it is, it makes so much sense. So, it's really good that your doctor's brought it to your attention at such an early age, so don't take it as an disability for him. They will be teaching him ways to work/live with it. You do have to stay on top of things and be very involved so he's getting the right care. I think the earlier they are diagnosed, but better off the children will be. It's so scary, so many kids have been diagnosed with it. There are a few good books on the subject, I'm going to get the names and post them for you. Chin up girl, you are doing the best thing for your child!

Fi: I'm as stumped as Star at you being an introvert. I'm !

Marbear/jmpike: Too bad we can't share circles with others on this plan. I could eat a 1/2 lb of shrimp by myself, and I only get 5oz on the Blue/Gold. I agree with Mary that if you can't finish it, mark it in the diary as if you did. Too bad that I've never had a problem with getting everything in, I usually want more.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 09:22 AM   #764  

Hey, Sy. Thanks for the words of encouragement. As I've been reading more and more about autism, I think my oldest may have a high-functioning form as well. He's been in special ed for kids who are disruptive (EBD) since kindergarten as well. He hates school. Now that he's 13 it's just worse and worse.

As for sharing circles, I'm all for it. But then I'm afraid that someone else may "find" the weight I lose. Or maybe I'll find the weight I've lost. It just seems so bass-ackwards to HAVE to eat so much when I don't want to. I get that it's to rev up my metabolism that has all but shut down after all these years of yo-yo'ing, but doesn't "calories-in/calories-out" have anything to do with it?

I shouldn't complain, though. I'm doing just fine. I think I'm up today, though, as I feel bloated and heavy--probably from the icky pizza last night. I'm going to drink some hot lemon water and see what that does.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:23 AM   #765  

jmpike: As a speech therapist I work with a lot of children who have autism all different forms. And I agree with what other have said that the earlier the better. It will help give you son some structure and children with autism often need that.
haylo921 is offline   Reply With Quote