Old 08-07-2005, 11:27 PM   #271  

Default ATTN: TextJewel

Hi Julie,
I made you some presents. You can find them here:

http://public.fotki.com/EweWho/textjewel/
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:34 PM   #272  

Dee - Corn is indeed a starch. 1/2 cup equals 1 serving. In the Restaurant Guide I found where a 3 inch cob is equal to one serving. While you shouldn't eat it all the time, occasionally is fine. I eat corn about once a week. It hasn't interferred with my loss at all.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:30 AM   #273  

Good Morning everyone. Wow, you all had a busy weekend on the boards. Sorry I wasn't able to join you. Sat - didn't make it to the farmer's market - DB asked me to work at his cafe as someone was on vacation. Worked from 7:30am - 12:30pm. I haven't waitressed in (I hate to say) 30 years. Had fun, it was really busy work and made some extra cash. Sun, DBIL and I went on a 23 mile bike ride, getting geared up for the MS150 bike ride in 2 weeks. Needless to say, I slept like a baby and woke up today feeling great.

WAgal: Wish we had WalGreens around here so I could pick up some Hollywood juice (2 for 1) to give it a try. What a great price! WalMart sells it for $15/bottle, still too high for me.

I'm going to have to 'secretly' do TO as if I journal it - the center will give me a lecture if I don't use their juice. And, I'm not paying $25 for TO juice when I could get a box of LA Lites for the same price.

Mary: I can't believe that someone would actually stop and ask you for your eggs. I wouldn't even have known what they were asking for if they asked me that question. Man, sounds like a egg sale on the black market - I have to agree with you, or some other type of scam - my imagination can go wild with that one.

Dee: What a story with the car! Sure glad once you pulled over - it started! I would have been ROFLMAF as well. Thanks for the info on exercising. Wish I could go in the AM, but my gym opens at 5:30am and that is when I leave for work. No way to fit in AM workouts.

Julie: Can't wait to see what you pick for your avatar. Congrats on getting some of the vacation weight off.

Mary: My DH is very happy I've lose the weight. I'm even happier. Actually, at my age - it would be flattering if a male stopped and looked, but like you and the others, I'm doing this for myself.

Bre: Too bad about the fesitval and the trash. I'm sure I'd get sick of that too. If I lived on the main street of a fesitval - I'm sure I'd feel the same as you.

Hi to others, hugs - Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:43 AM   #274  

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Ladies!

You ladies sure were chatty over the weekend....

TTYL......
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:20 AM   #275  

Hi chicks -
Julie - I changed my goal weight from 135 to 150. I was trying to be nice at the COD when one of the counselors said I should pick 135 and I agreed.....then came to my senses and changed later to 150.
Yeah - Regina how tall are you? I forgot too....
Later chicks..
Welcome newbies.....glad you found us...
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:48 AM   #276  

Good morning, chicks!

Star- I think 135 would be much too skinny for you.. .

About the corn - I think it used to be limited, but everyone else except for LAWL seems to think it's a good carb - lots of fiber, good (at least not bad fat). I don't eat it very often but don't seem to have any trouble when I do.

Sy - seems like you had a good, busy weekend. Waitressing is the one job I've missed - so far. I think it's awesome that you're doing this bike ride - can you do it all on one day?

Mary - I think it is just that people don't adjust well to change? Change in you, change in household food? And maybe he's feeling some stress about his DB's marriage? One other question - are you changing in your actions besides the weight loss? One thing I've found, weight is (or can be) a brake on our actions - and losing weight releases us to do things that we don't normally do.

Stacey - where in Montana? I spent a couple of days around glacier park, and drove through other sections of the state - around yellowstone, etc - beautiful!

about the vanilla soy milk - sometime I find it in the health food aisle in the boxed milk section? I drink it so infrequently that I don't get big containers. I'd never give up something I could chew (like chicken or beef) for milk as a protein!

Regina - thanks! I'll send you a PM.

Fi - we want deets on the job!

Hugs,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:58 AM   #277  

Default ..

Julie - See you would make a great COD counselor - and you would be from this planet ( about your opinion on my goal wgt)
About your comment to Mary about how losing weight changes our actions.
I've really noticed that in myself. I use to wear all black (most all of the time). That was one of the best changes for me - now I rarely wear black and LOVE color. Another one, when I was at my highest weight I only thought I was a good dancer after several Now at this weight, I see it much clearer - I realize I'm not a good dancer no matter how many I have....
Old 08-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #278  

Star - have you seen the movie Hitch? (I saw it on the plane -- somewhere ) there's a segment about bad dancing, and how it can bring people together.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #279  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Star~ I have a feeling the goal the gave me is also somewhat unrealistic and I think I would look way thin if I reach it. I am 5'2" and medium boned and they gave me a goal of 125. But I figure I can always re-do it as I get down there! As I recall my COD said as much when I signed up.

Sy~ I am going back to Walgreens to pick up 2 more today. It really is an awesome deal. I have seen similar good buys at Rite Aid, like $9.99 a bottle. And, yes, we will have to fudge our diaries in order to use this instead of the LAWL TO. Its worth it. We also have to fudge the Luna bars!!! I did buy into the Lites but i really like the variety of the Luna's and the crunchiness of them. They make a nice change. I find that I only like 3 flavors of the Lites;honey nougat, choc. crunch and the caramel, and in that order. Decided that I like the honey nougat too much and don't get those as often as I snuck a 3rd bar a couple times!!! Well I guess there are worse things...

Julie from Portland~ I haven't heard from you in awhile. Are you just AWOL like I was?

I would like to add my two cents on spouses~
When I met my husband I weighed about 145 which back then I thought was horribly obese! I lost about 15 pounds when we married and then I went and got down to about 115. I changed so much after this weightloss and not for the good. I really thought my poop didn't stink, if you know what I mean. I loved all the attention I got from other men and was going out and partying with all my single freinds leaving my husband at home. I was about 21-22 at the time. Luckily my husband put up with my behavior and I finally woke up and realized what a snot I was!!! We have been married 25 years now. I am telling this because sometimes after a major weightloss we do change and we come out of our shells. We no longer feel like ugly ducklings. I do think some husbands worry about this big time and in some cases rightly so. But many times their fear is unjustified. But this whole process of weightloss is an adjustment for both partners. Even after I treated my DH terribly the first time around, he is always so supportive of me. He's right there with me having that chicken breast and salad for dinner even though he is about 5 pounds over weight. After 25 years I know what a lucky woman I am. We have been through so much together and not just being thin and then fat!!

Last edited by WAgal; 08-08-2005 at 10:40 AM.
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #280  

Julie - Yes we saw Hitch when it came out - loved it........
Well since I my drinking has come to a near stop, my dancing exhibitions have too. But I will always remember them fondly.....lol
Old 08-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Star~ I forgot to add how funny you dancing post is!! Reminds me of Elaine on Seinfied!!! So funny how we think of ourselves vs. reality!! At least you can admit it!!
But who cares, dancing is fun and good exercise!!
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #282  

Cindy - Your DH sounds like one of the good ones - grab on and don't let go (NO Matter how much weight you lose and what a little hottie you become)...lol
Also, when DH and I met (at a classic car show) we went out with mutual friends to the local bar....Well that night we ended up dirty dancing (we thought like pros) the night away. Later when we discussed it, neither one of us had 'dirty danced' before.... (We were sure everyone was watching us and the disco ball was shining down on us).......
It's much easier to talk about this years later, than it is right after it happens. Plus I think that not drinking anymore makes it seem funnier....

Last edited by Star; 08-08-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:48 AM   #283  

Default .

"I think I would be at optimal hotness at 160, though. Plenty of curves, less jiggle." mary - I like that "optimal hotness" term..
Old 08-08-2005, 12:37 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm changing my goal weight to "optimal hotness"... sounds better...

I was reading posts about how much weight to obtain smaller sizes in clothes.. I'm one of the Size 8 obsessors... I don't know why that is the magic number.. but it is for me.. I'm trying to change my thinking into doesn't matter what the tag says, if it looks great and classy on me.. the size tag is on the inside right.... these designers play with our minds.. one designer we are a 10 another we are an 8... it's such a game... I just wish I knew how to get out of it... currently 5'4" 167.. size 12.. who knows what size I will be tomorrow:-)
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 12:44 PM   #285  

Default Size?

Debi - Looking in my crystal ball - the number "10" is coming up -
like in Bo Derik,,,,,run out and get you hair braided......

My very well-to-do DSIL, cuts all the size tags out of her clothes and she is 5'11" and 150, very thin and looks at her "optimal hotness". She says it just makes her feel better never seeing the tag with 'that' number on it. Being the copy cat that I am, I followed suit and now I feel better too....