Old 08-05-2005, 05:36 PM   #226  

I set my goal weight at 185 simply because it has been over 20 years since I was below 200 and I think anyone who weighs less than 200 is skinny! My yougest daughter is the same height that I am and she weighs 180-185. I think she looks good, and I'd be happy to be there.

They told me that if I hit 185 I can keep losing if I want, which I probably will do if I still have weeks left.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:48 PM   #227  
Missing Ohio

Hello All, hope you are having a great weight loss day.

I went to WI yesterday and lost .8lbs. only. Took my brother to dinner and started with a healthy choice of salmon, broccoli, and salad. Well, there was banana bread in front of me and before I knew it, I was eating it. To make matters worse, I ordered 'Peach and blueberry cobbler' ala mode. Now tell me I wasn't out of control. NOT So today, I'm eating the Xpress Accellerated Weight Loss to get rid of the extra that I consumed. I hope it works. So far today I had a shake with blueberries, low sodium turkey, a pear, celery rib, peanut butter.

Someone mentioned that they don't buy LAWL Take Off but that they do the 2-day plan another way. Please share the formula. Thanks in advance
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:09 PM   #228  
Missing Ohio

Default Cantaloupe

Thanks Marbear, will get cantaloupe tomorrow and use that for the egg trick to boost my weight lost.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:07 AM   #229  

Can someone explain the cantaloupe/protein plan to me? I never did Take off and have no idea of sevings needed? portions? when? what about vitamins suppliments and bars? are they to be taken or not? still drink 64oz of h2o? eat cantaloupe or put it in a blender? Ok- and yes- I'm blond!
shannon_jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:04 AM   #230  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon_jo
Can someone explain the cantaloupe/protein plan to me? I never did Take off and have no idea of sevings needed? portions? when? what about vitamins suppliments and bars? are they to be taken or not? still drink 64oz of h2o? eat cantaloupe or put it in a blender? Ok- and yes- I'm blond!
I'd be happy to do so, but I've never done the cantaloupe. From what I understand, you:

Cut a cantaloupe into fourths, eat throughout the day. No need to blend it.
Yes, eat your bars and drink your water as usual.
Take your vitamins as usual.
Eat only 6 ounces of protein each day.
Eat only 2 servings of vegetables each day.

Some people eat the bar for breakfast along with some cantaloupe, then eat 3 oz. protein and 1 serving vegetables for lunch and dinner. From what I understand, it is important for the protein be the same throughout the day. For instance, if you eat tuna on a salad for lunch, eat tuna for dinner also.

Maybe someone who had done it can explain in more detail or correct me if I'm wrong.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:29 AM   #231  
208/180/125

Question new chick...

Hey there,
A newbie here...
I am starting TO tomorrow AM (Well, I am going to try this on my own...if I struggle, I am gonna get some help). I tend to be really stubborn and fanatical about compliance, so I think I can do this on my own, if I get enough information.
I could be deluding myself, but heck...I figured I would give it a try--and possibly save myself some money.
I am 5'5", 34, weigh 188 (that has to be the first time I have EVER put that out in public... ), and I will be working out 4 times a week for about 1.25 hours.
Any suggestions on what plan I should try to do? I am thinking that I will try to start with Luna bars...if I can eat the soy...I will try it (I seem to really have an aversion to it from other diets--namely, Atkins).
I just went to the store and bought tons of stuff (found Knudsen's pretty easily). Anyone out there having success with Knudsen's/Lunas?
Thanks so much to all for sharing your thoughts....
gotta say...it took me forever to read through 4 days of posts...glad I didn't join ya in mid month! I am gonna love joining in!
--Dee
dee in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 03:44 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

Bre - Are you doing the 2 day take-off or the 2 day Xpress accelerated plan (XAP)? I was looking at the XAP and considering it. Is it harder than take-off?
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 07:03 AM   #233  

Hi chicks!

Glad to report that my holiday weight is coming off, and I'm about 3 pounds lighter than I was on Wednesday. VERY HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!!!

Dee -- I would start on gold if I were you -- theoretically, I'm supposed to start on gold when I hit 184 - and you're already almost there. Yes, I've had good success using Knudsens and Luna's, so don't worry about that! If you find that you can't do the luna's becuz of the soy, move to purple. Did you get the plan that has different protein sizes for gold and purple?

About TO- I've never heard that the 6oz of protein has to be the same throughout the day -- But I'm not sure what the Xpress Accelerated Weight Loss is?

Regina - how tall are you?

Have a great day, chicks!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:07 AM   #234  
Missing Ohio

Good Morning Ladies,

Henrygirl - I'm doing the XAP to get rid of the overindulgence the previous 2 days. I also noticed someone on the board mentioning the an alternative to LAWL Take Off.

Here is the XAP that I found during a search

Xpress Accelerated Weight Loss Plan The Xpress plan features accelerated weight loss and more protein. The result is your body burns more stored fat and calories for safe, rapid weight loss. You can start using the Xpress plan during your 3rd week of weight loss. During weeks 3 through 8, every Monday and Tuesday become Xpress days. After these initial 6 weeks, the Xpress plan becomes an optional part of your program. On Xpress days eat 1 extra protein bar, and choose one Xpress protein instead of 1 vegetable, 2 fruits, 2 starches, and 1 fat in your regular plan. This will give you 6 Xpress proteins in one day in addition to the remaining items on your plan. Express Proteins Food Choices:American Cheese – ¾ ozCamembert – 1 ozCanadian Bacon – 2 ozEgg – 1Feta Cheese – 1 ozGround Chicken – 1 ozHealthy Choice Fat Free Oven Roasted Turkey Breast - 5 slicesHealthy Choice 97% Fat Free Oven Roasted Turkey Breast - 5 slicesHealthy Choice Low Fat Breakfast Sausage (made with pork and turkey) – 2 linksLloyds BBQ Low Fat Shredded Chicken – ¼ cupMonterey Jack – ¾ ozMorning Star Breakfast Links – 2 linksMorning Star Breakfast Patties – 1 pattyMozzarella Cheese – 1 ozMuenster Cheese – 1 ozPate, Chicken Liver – 1 ozPeanut Butter – 1 tbspPhiladelphia Light Cream Cheese – 1 ozProcessed Cheese Spread – 1 ozProsciutto – 1 ozRicotta Cheese – ¾ cupSausage (5g or less fat per ounce) – 1 ozString Cheese – 1 ozSwiss Cheese – ¾ cupTofu – ½ cupVienna Sausage (5g or less fat per ounce) – 1 oz

WI today and I don't look forward to it.

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 08-06-2005 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:21 AM   #235  
Missing Ohio

Marbear where is this pdf chart you are talking about?

Thanks,
Old 08-06-2005, 10:35 AM   #236  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Star and Julie, thank you for the nice comments. And woo hoo Julile on your loss!

Went to Bubba Gump Shrimp to meet my friends and their kids at the Mall of America last night, but they had already eaten so i didn't have to face that, but then i was starving and needed to eat so i ate at the food court. Probably not the best idea. I'm going again tonight and think we will have dinner there so we'll see what happens.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:36 AM   #237  

Thank you Bre & Marbear! I'll try it out this weekend- maybe focusing on this will help me stay OP- weekends are always hard! Dee- to add more confusion to the mix...I was on purple 220lbs- when i bought a gazelle the center put me on red because I was excercising more than 5 hours a week. Confused yet? I am! btw- i put myself back on purple 1 week later-it's easier for me to follow, and i wasn't seeing loss results w/ red.
shannon_jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 11:48 AM   #238  

Sorry, Dee, I missed the workout stuff in your post - if it's 1.25 hours per session, I'd try for blue (if you're doing the protein bars) - and see how it goes. If you're hungry all the time, move up to purple? and see how that goes.

About the canteloupe - I've also seen that some centers allow oranges for the substitution - frankly I'd stick with some sort of fruit portion in the 40-60 cal range - I don't think there is anything particularly magic about canteloupes or oranges -- the TO /Knudsen's juice is about 40 cals per serving, anyway.

Frankly about the egg whites - each one only has about 10-15 cals - when you eat 12 of those - your cal count is REALLY low -- if you're exercising, you may get a little light headed? But I guess it's okay if it's only for a couple of days. I have this problem with hardboiled eggs - I ate them for lunch everyday one summer in a weird diet plan, with a can of Fresca - to this day, neither one of them is my first choice!

Michelle - okay, give, what did you eat at the food court? it couldn't have been that bad!
Old 08-06-2005, 12:12 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

Just got off the phone with my center in US. Here is what they said...

If I am not going to do bars - add additional 2oz to my proteins. Which is basically the blue plan (2.5 Proteins, 3 Veg, 3 Fruit, 3 starches, 1 Dairy) (I am having bars shipped from the US; but don't know when they will arrive or what condition they will be in)

If you want to have one of their breakfast bars - it counts as 1 fruit/1 starch. The LAWL protein bars should not be replaced with 1 fruit/1 starch.
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:32 PM   #240  

Michelle, I thought the blue plan had the same size proteins as the gold? Just more portions - like the extra starch and the 1/2 protein. I know that purple is 2oz larger than gold.