Old 07-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #16  
138 POUNDS GONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear
I am really not tempted to cheat at my own house where I control my environment. It's hard to go to see family for an extended period of time, though. I am so pumped about my 10lb loss...it was a piece of cake.

Maureen, I have told all my friends about how much weight you have lost. They think it is amazing...how long has it taken you? I bet you have such a sense of accomplishment...here I am just glad I made it to double digits!

Mary

Oh wow, I'm so flattered.

I started LAWL March 2004. But, I've had many slow spots (I wasn't trying) and also I was pregnant for a few months (I miscarried) and now here I am!
MaureenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:55 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaureenM
Oh wow, I'm so flattered.

I started LAWL March 2004. But, I've had many slow spots (I wasn't trying) and also I was pregnant for a few months (I miscarried) and now here I am!
Maureen! That is awesome! 138 pounds in 16 months is tremendous! I hope I can do as well.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:03 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

CONGRATS, MARISSA!

That's GREAT!!!

mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 08:52 PM   #19  

I JOINED!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Hi Marissa, Regina, Maureen, Mary, Debi, Julie, Shari and All!!!

I joined LAWL on Wednesday! I have WELL over 100 pounds to lose and it is costing a fortune, but my mom is paying for it! I am SO excited! I truly believe this is going to be the one I reach my goal with! My knee went completely out in August and I was immobile for a month! Mom said that enough was enough and saved money for me to join LAWL. I feel so hopeful and optimistic -

Thanks to all you ladies for answering my post back in July! I told you I would keep you posted! I joined for $5.00 a week.

Do they ever offer the bars at a discount after you are a member? She told me I could get the bars at a discount tomorrow, but not after that. Mom had to pay $669.00 for the program - I wasn't about to ask her to pay for the bars too!

Since mom paid for the program it will give me added incentive to stay OP. I wouldn't have the heart to let her down, you know?

How are you all doing???

Old 09-22-2005, 10:59 PM   #20  

Hi Lori! Glad to see you again!

Just so you won't be too shocked when you go in -- the bars generally sell for about 28$ for a 'double box' of 14 bars. When I signed up, I was offered (I think) 3 plans -- one for two bars a day for my weight loss weeks, another for the WL weeks, and 1/2 of my maintainence period, and a third for the entire period. I chose just the WL weeks, and my bulk rate was just about 20$ a box. So it's about 1.50 a bar.

I think there are other specials for buying 10 boxes in bulk, and there are specials during the year.

You do not have to do the lites to do the plan. If you don't do the lites, they will move you to a plan with bigger or more food portions.

If it's too much money, just tell them. Remember, they are sales people, and want to make that sale.

Hope this helps, and look forward to seeing you around the board!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:03 AM   #21  

Congrats Lori!!

When they say that you can only get discounts on your bars at your first visit, they are LYING!!! (Okay, I shouldn't say that because there have been enough discussions about how different locations have different policies sometimes. BUT...) Like Julie said, they will offer you a "choice" of three or so packages, the smallest of which is usually enough bars for ALL your WL weeks. If you're not comfortable with that, just keep telling them "I can't afford that much right now" and eventually (hopefully) they'll break out their little discount cheat sheet and you'll be able to get a somewhat reduced price for buying as little as 10 boxes at a time. (I personally usually buy 20 boxes at at time because that's where my budget and their discount balances out for me.) Hope that helps!!
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:28 AM   #22  

Hi Julie and Fiona!!

My second appt. is today at 11:00 - I'm just going to tell them I have no more $$$ left after joining - I DO love the caramel bars - do the Luna bars taste anything like them?

I was going to check them out at Target -

I only eat one between lunch and supper - that's my bewitching hour - my twin 9 year olds, my 8 and 7 year old get home from school and mama gets a little freaky - HA!!! IT does nicely to bridge that hunger time until supper.

Hey - does anybody have any good fish recipes??

Where do you guys hang out? On the monthly thread?

Talk soon and thanks for the posts!!
Old 09-23-2005, 04:49 PM   #23  

Lori, not sure what you mean by caramel bars, but the thing is that if you don't do the lites, there is no room in the daily plan to have something like that -- you may want to rethink your afternoon snack! What they will do is move you to a higher plan -- you'll learn all about this.

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 05:07 PM   #24  

Hi Julie!

I meant the caramel LA Lites!

I DID buy five double boxes today for a total of 70 bars. They think I'm doing one in the a.m. and one in the p.m. but I only need the extra kick in the afternoon. So the bars will last me until the first week in December. Not too bad.

I lost 3 pounds in 48 hours!
I was excited!