LAWL Losers and Friends - July '05 - Page 48 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 07-27-2005, 09:45 AM   #706  

Fiona - Well that's not bad at all then......and it's good your getting back on track now instead of a month from now, becuz that start number would only be higher.
I have to go to COD at lunch for WI too.
I'm meeting my DH there too, we are going to a Quick Drop E-Bay place next to COD and putting my Harley on E-Bay to sell.......

Cathy - you are more than half way there - you are doing really good! I hope your center lets you go on hold, they probably will becuz of the absessed tooth. At my COD you have to have to either be out of town, in the hospital or dead for a HOLD.....they aren't nice sometimes...
Hugs.....

Last edited by Star; 07-27-2005 at 09:48 AM.
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:53 AM   #707  

Mary - Are you weighing/measuring your food portions? Are you drinking all your water and are you eating all you plan foods? Are you eating too much red meat or Lean Cusines? Those are some of the questions the counselors would ask you.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:56 AM   #708  

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning Ladies!

93 degrees now, feels like 100! It's supposed to be 100 degrees by the end of the day

I'm glad I'm in this air conditioned building, but I will have to leave eventually......

Did I tell yall that my truck is broke down again? When I got home Monday, there was steam coming from under the hood. When I lifted the hood, I found a nice crack in my radiator. My DXFIL is coming by to fix it tonight. So I'm having to ride with my DF, and he doesn't like to run the air; he would rather ride around with the windows down...UGH! So I will be nice and sweaty by the time I get home tonight.... I hate to sweat! I think that is why I dodge exercising so much. Sweating makes me feel so YUCK.....
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:10 PM   #709  

Star: Your right, we are having fun in the planning our reunion. I'm not getting too deep with the people who irk me, just going with the flow. I don't have to see the ones that bug me for another 5-10 years and I can handle that. LOL! I'm sure to be at goal by then. Hope I don't have to eat those words. LOL! No pun intended. I'm already thinner than I was 30 years ago, and have a much better hair-do - TG for that!
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:14 PM   #710  

You all are some smart and thoughtful chicks...maybe you can help me with my little dilemma.

As (most of) you know, I'm going to work for my mom in her home office in a little over a week. We haven't sat down and "officially" discussed terms yet, but one of the things that I need to figure out how to address is the fact that she is a smoker and I am not. Now, whenever I/my family has gone over to visit (a few times a month at least) I've not said anything, because we were guests in her home, and she is careful not to smoke around DD as much as possible. But working in her home office several hours a day, several times a week is more than I'm willing to expose myself to, and I'd like to make it a condition of my employment that she NOT smoke in her office when I'm there working. Thoughts on how to approach this???

Fiona

ETA: My mom has smoked for 30-something years now, and I don't expect her to QUIT for me, but she's tried quitting in the past and failed, and so tends to get a little defensive about her habit, ya know?
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:20 PM   #711  

Sy - Yes the planners for sure have the most fun! If you are a greeter at the door you for sure get to see everyone close up. I know you will be the coolest chick there!

Karen - If you exercise you get use to sweat - it's all good! Now sweating from a hot car is another story all together - yuck......

Reunion funny. One childless couple was there. I use to date him in 11th and 12th grades. His wife comes up to me, says do you want to see a picture of our prdie and joy? I said oh yes, thinking it was a pet or something. She has a wallet, opens it up and there is a picture with two bottles, Pride and Joy........cute huh? corny?

Last edited by Star; 07-27-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:28 PM   #712  

Fiona - Very sweetly just ask her since you are not a smoker and don't want your clothes to smell like smoke, could she possibly smoke outside the office? I bet she will try to work with you on this one.....
Old 07-27-2005, 12:34 PM   #713  

Oh, Fiona! What a dilemma! This is one you are going to have to approach with a lot of love and understanding. How about trying an approach like, "Mom, we haven't discussed this, but I would like to. I understand this is your home, but how about making the office a "No Smoking Zone" while I am working?" and take it from there. All she can do is say no. You would just have to be prepared to accept that.

I'm sure there are a lot of others here with some good advice. I'm not a confrontational person, and I would hate to face what you are going to have to with your mom.

Good luck!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:38 PM   #714  

Mary ~ A lot of good questions were raised by Star. You are the one with the answers to them. I remember you said in the past that you like beef. I can tell you from personal experience that the times I had a slight gain was when I had eaten beef more than two days in a row. Also, I was told to eat more broccoli and cauliflower because they are harder to digest and make your body work harder. When I added them, I immediately lost what I had gained.

Today at the center I was down another 1.8 pounds since Monday. That's two more pounds this week so far! Happy Dance!! This is my 8th week and I'm down 29 pounds. I so want to hit that 30 before the first of August!!!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:54 PM   #715  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

mary,,

Move over hon...

I've been at or close to 167 for awhile now.. I drop/gain a couple ounces here and there, but nothing extremem since the first 3-4 lbs.. (june 22)
I do however see some changes in that fat flab ab of mine.. you know the dunflop area where the baby used to be, now it just done flops all the time.. I have also noticed small losses in the thighs and hips.. nothing to write home about.. but smaller is smaller.. I'm fitting into some clothes that were just tooo small and the ones that I wear regularly are fitting better/ little looser. I had my melt down last week about not seeing the lbs drop off like I hear about here, but that's okay... I know that I'm putting the right stuff in, I'm doing 99% on plan and I have to believe it will happen. If inches (or 1/4 inches) come off before pounds thats okay.. stay with it.. the way I look at it... is I know I'm not going to loose OFF plan... I have a better than good chance of loosing ON plan.. I want to be able to say that I lost 29 lbs in 8 weeks... but that just isn't going to happen for me.. BUT I'm not gaining every week.. I'm eating healthy. ... we are doing a great job here, and we are setting the path to better living.. it will just take us a little longer to get there.. this morning I did my usual stand side ways looking in the mirror, sucked in the tummy, and actually recognized my old self.. I could see it there... just a tummy suck away..
I don't have a counselor, but talk to her about your menu.. it may be a simple fix.. you may need a little bit more to get the engine (metabolism) running... be encouraged....

your getting thinner friend
debi
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #716  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by debi d
I do however see some changes in that fat flab ab of mine.. you know the dunflop area where the baby used to be,

Ahh Yes debi .... I "loving" call that my "baby trophy" after having 3 kids and 2 of which were way over 10 lbs ... I have a large trophy
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:39 PM   #717  

Mary,

On the old plan, you could only have beef twice a week and never two days in a row. If you ate pork that week, you only could have one more beef for the week. Salmon, scallops, and beans were limited to once per week. I don't have the info in front of me so please bear with me if I left something out. I just remember the ones that I would eat. I'm a picky eater. I bet I don't eat half of the allowed foods on the list. I would also suggest actually weighing out your meat, it may make a difference and it may not.

What do you typically use as your fat?

What fruits do you typically eat?

Last edited by MetalChic; 07-27-2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:51 PM   #718  

I don't know about catfish. I do know it's not on the plan. You may want to ask at your next WI. According to what I found, eight ounces of catfish is 307 calories and 17.3 grams of fat. If these numbers are true, I am assuming that catfish would not be allowed. I would still ask about it even if they have to call the nutrionist. If they don't know for sure, encourage them to call the nutrionist.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:56 PM   #719  

Ok, they frown on bananas. I get fussed at all the time for bananas. They are higher in calories and carbohydrates than other fruits. You may want to limit your bananas.

You need the fat everyday. Try adding butter or diet margarine to your food after it's cooked. You can eat nuts or olives, they are an excellent source of good fat. If you keep going without getting your fat in, you may have BM problems. I really messed up doing that in the beginning. I'm not real big on any of that stuff. But when I started, we couldn't have nuts or olives. I was in heaven when they added them.........
Old 07-27-2005, 01:59 PM   #720  

I was so glad when they added bananas in on the new plan...I don't eat them every day, but maybe once or twice a week. And since 1/2 = 1 fruit, I always eat the whole thing and count it as two fruits. And pears, too, were not on plan before due to higher fat and sugar content. I loooooove pears!
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote