LAWL Losers and Friends - July '05 - Page 42 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 07-22-2005, 05:43 PM   #616  
217/177.8/150ish

Star..I was locked in the basement, I decided I needed to make some money... theres something about being totaly broke that makes you feel the need to work, besides all of my clothes are getting baggier so Im going to have to buy some soon.... Hopefully I can get on a roll again.. thats the only thing about what I do is its either feast or famine ... As far as the center Im ready to bop em one. I think the changing me around is screwing me up big time.. If I could only do TO with knuedons all the time, actually I think TO is pretty close to the 6 week kinda..

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:40 PM   #617  

Hi all! I am SO relieved to meet you. I've been a LA member for 5 weeks and enjoy the counceling sessions- but I keep suggesting more "group interaction". I almost feel like it's discouraged... but LUCKILY I ran into a friend today who joined 2 days ago- and she told me about you all! I owe her-big time!
shannon_jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:42 AM   #618  

Welcome Shannon Jo. You're going to love this forum. Great job at losing so far, 19 lbs in 5 weeks is great!

DH and I had a date last night. We went to 1 of the lakes close by that has many outdoor patio restaurant/bars. I needed to stay OP, so did had glass of wine and he had a beer and fries. Well, he kept asking me to share the fries. I ate 1 ff (and swallowed), the others that I put in my mouth - I sucked on them for a minute and tactfully put them in my (paper) napkin. I'm sure that there were calories in that, but I didn't eat (swallow) anymore. He looked at me like I was nuts, but was okay with it because no one could really tell what the heck I was doing. I was discreet. Now that I'm typing it, it does sound crazy. LOL! Stopped by 1 more place and had another glass of wine, then switched to water and diet coke. I did pretty good overall.

I'm off to get ready and head out to the farmers market this moring for some fresh veggies.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:14 AM   #619  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning Chicks..
Welcome Shannon..Sy is right, you will love it here.
Hey Sy..It looks like your up and at it bright and early this morning too.. It sounds like you and DH had a great date night.
I didn't get my call about the job yet. I sure hope he doesn't go by what he's read in a magazine. It was stated that in the self storage business that it's best not to hire someone with experience because they have their own way of doing things. That might be true in some cases but not if you've never used the computer program that they have. The last two storage places that I worked, had different programs. Oh well, I'll just wait and see and continue on with the job search.. I know,
Today, I have to go get my things out of storage. They are at the place I just quit so I guess if I don't want to be charged rent, I need to get it out of there... I'll be glad when we get done with all this house stuff. Then I'll be able to not have a storage. It can all go in the house..
OK Chickies, I'm gonna go wake up DH so we can get started on the day. Have a great OP weekend..
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:14 PM   #620  

TY. Sy- sounds like you and DH (dear hubby?-sorry not used to some of the abbreviations here) had fun and you were OP. You have a lot more restraint than I do though- one is just never enough-so I have to "just say no"( sounds like the kids anti-drug program!) Rusty- good luck w/ a very busy day- stay cool and drink lots of h2o! Marbear- i'm sorry you are going through so much- but i agree w/ your way of thinking. Maybe you could plan a day to yourself- and leave the little one with your hubby for a reality check? It takes a lot more energy to run after kids- than it does to make them! I'm off for a busy day -btw i have 1 dghtr and twin boys- so most days are-you guessed it- BUSY Wish me luck staying OP- weekends are SO tough!
shannon_jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:37 PM   #621  
Missing Ohio

Lightbulb Reupped at LAWL 7/13/05

Hello All, You all are so motivated and this is the place that I want to be. I originally signed on with LAWL in 2001, but could not continue because I was working full time, taking care of an elder, and going to school. I didn't make enough time for myself. I reupped at LAWL on 7/13/05. I have been lurking on this board since Tuesday, when I was going to ask the counselor if they encourage 'buddies or partners'. Instead I did a search for LAWL on 3FCs and found you guys. So glad. You all have been so helpful already. One thing I asked them(LAWL) was if I could use up the SlimFast, Weight Watcher and other bars, shakes, and powders that I already have around the house and the office. The counselor said to bring them in and they would email the info to their dietician to see if and how I could use the products. I took them in today, the counselor took them to the back and came with a big NO. Do they really think that I am not going to use the stuff that I already have and spend big money on their crap. They have another thing coming, I will figured out how and where to slide them in.

Anyhu, I need to lose 75 lbs. and in a week and a half I have lost 6 lbs. Once I know where to find things on this board, I will make my signature fancy. Keep eating healthy and I type at you later.

Bre

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 07-23-2005 at 02:50 PM.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:59 PM   #622  

S/C/G: 171/167/135

Height: 5'5"

Sarah - Welcome to the Bored -- I mean Board!

Debi - 7 kids - what fun! I chose to stop after 3, but the chaos must be wonderful! I always thought 2 was a little dull. Now I feel too old to have any more, love my 3.

Mary - Eli sounds like a cutie! Enjoy these times! My 13 mos old loves the vacuum - gets so excited when it comes out. If you drink 2 glasses after 6p - how do you sleep thru the night? If you are only going to have 2 kids tell him it doesn't matter how far apart they are. Why is his biological clock ticking? My DH is just happy if we are practicing!

Regina - Great birthday present to yourself!

Karen and Fiona - WTG on perusing other jobs!

Shannon- Welcome and keep up the great work! How old are your kids?

Sy - I have found myself doing the same thing - taking a bite of the kid's food and then spitting it out. I have found a wine spritzer to be my summer drink. I make it with sparkling water - far less wine consumption.

Bre - Welcome! Many chicks recommend the Luna bars as a substitute to the LAWL bars.

I want to join the Labor Day challenge! Hoping to have 13 lbs off in the next 6 weeks! Sy and Sarah - I am with you!

Switching to the blue plan on Sunday! I have plateaud on the gold plan and really want to hit my Labor Day goal! TOM should come on Sunday, so hopefully will help me budge some of this.

Gotta run!
henrygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:10 PM   #623  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Well well you chicks have been so chatty since i was last here lol. First off glad to see that everyone is doing well and hope everyone is able to keep things going. I finally have a new computer at home since my laptop died lol. It has a huge 19" flat panel monitor!!!!!!!!!!!! im so beyond excited with my purchase and the best part is that insurance will pay for it except for my deductable.

I went and WI on friday and was actually up a pound so we dicussed what it could be because i had gotten all my foods in except for 16 oz of water the day before. She said she thought i just had to much sodium and not enough water so we shall see I wasnt OP friday after my WI!!!! So i really need to go get me some water like right now lol.

Well as far as Ruby goes I can not share my info what little it is since our power surge on Thursday happened right in the middle of our convo lol. Besides i dont want to take anything away from Ruby when she shares where she went Friday night ........thats all im saying

see ya monday.....

Britt
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:09 PM   #624  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

I GOT THE JOB.!!!!!!!

WOOHOO.....
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 06:12 PM   #625  
Sarah on LAWL

S/C/G: 176/170.2/148

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies... I went to WI and am down 0.8 lbs from Thursday - can't complain about that. If I can get 3 more pounds off, I'll be back down to where I was before I started falling off (and on and off and on and off) the wagon. As far as my Labor Day goal - 0.8 down, 12.4 to go... I CAN DO IT!

Marbear - sorry to hear about the disagreement between you and your DH. I am planning to start trying to conceive this fall as well - and want to lose 26 pounds first - perhaps we can encourage eachother. Join us on our labor day challenge - I bet you can get at least 10 lbs off by then!

Talk to you later!
Snactuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:26 PM   #626  

Congratulations, Karen!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:38 PM   #627  
217/177.8/150ish

Congrats Karen!!!

Marbear... Ive decided men suck, their only good for one or maybe 2 things if their lucky.. LOL j/k Maybe he's afraid that after you lose all your weight that your going to be really hot and not want another baby... The more I lose the more of a jerk (if thats possible) my husband becomes... They told me at the center that this happens all the time, we feel more secure about ourselves and look better and they get scared...
buttonsinabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:35 PM   #628  

Default Rusty/Karen

Did you get my email with the new avatar? I didn't see anything from you as to whether or not you got it.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 09:00 AM   #629  

Mary - stick to your guns, girl. DH and I are also thinking about #2, but I want to wait until I'm closer to 150 - I don't want to get anywhere near 200# even at my fattest! Thankfully he's okay with that since we just bought a house and right now there's no place for another one! My DD is almost 5 and by the time #2 comes along she'll be at least six, maybe even 7 - then since DH and I want at least one, maybe two more after that, they will probably be a lot closer together - my point being, there is no "right" amount kids should be spaced!

Karen - that's GREAT!!!!! My mom is already joking about whether I really HAVE to give my two weeks notice - I'm like, of course!!

I'm setting my Labor Day goal at 10 pounds - less than two pounds a week should be totally do-able especially since I'm going to be adding real exercise into the mix.

Have a good day - a POP day - everybody!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 10:35 AM   #630  
Sarah on LAWL

S/C/G: 176/170.2/148

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies...
After my successful WI yesteday morning - I really blew it the rest of the day. I didn't stick to the program - even a little bit. I think it's because I'm travelling for work this week (leaving tomorrow morning), so I won't be able to weigh in until next Saturday - but I need to nix that attitude and get back on track, which I'm doing today. Just think what a great WI I could have after a whole week (okay, six days) of being good!

Marbear - what a great idea checking with your doctor on what to add to your program once you conceive - I think I'll have to do the same.

Have a great Sunday everyone! As of tomorrow -we have just six weeks to Labor Day!
Snactuary is offline   Reply With Quote