Old 07-21-2005, 04:17 PM   #586  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchypoo
I just heard this, but it is not mandatory to weigh in at the dr's office. They cannot make you. I was glad to hear this, b/c i hate that. That scale is always different anyway and i'm one of those people who can't even utter the number myself, so why do i want anyone else to know? So next time i go in, i'm going to politely say, i'll pass on being weighed.
When I do to the doctor's office and the nurse heads for the scale, I always say, "I've made a deal with the scale, I won't stand on it if it won't stand on me." She always chuckles and then heads for the exam room. Sometimes I will tell her what mine at home said that morning (naked) and that is what she puts down in my chart.
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:27 PM   #587  

WahHooo Debi!!

I'm glad to see you are back down. Yep, give the plan a few days and see if you keep dropping before you switch around.

As far as Atkins is concerned, I've done it and I actually lost more in the first two weeks of LAWL than I did on Atkins. And I didn't have those awful symptoms of carb withdrawal! I'm glad you've decided to stick with LAWL. It really is more balanced and nutritional!
Old 07-21-2005, 04:28 PM   #588  

GAAAAAAAH!

I was all psyched up to give my notice at work today, couple hours ago sent my boss an e-mail asking for five minutes before the end of the day - and there he goes out the door!!!

So now I get to be on the edge of my seat all day tomorrow until he reads the stupid e-mail. Bah!

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:34 PM   #589  

Hi Fiona - First, will you have access to our thread at your new job as office manager??? If so, hurry and get there. If not, reconsider....lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:47 PM   #590  

Chickies - I'm outta here
Hosta La Vista...
Old 07-21-2005, 08:01 PM   #591  

Hey, while DH is out working and not on the home PC doing work - I get a chance to post this evening.

I got a new counselor at the COD yesterday. She spent plenty of time with me and I just rambled and rambled on that I couldn't believe that I'm up that much. I was really shocked. I know that I can say OP - I just have to put my mind to it. I think I'm running about the same as the newbie, Snactuary.

Welcome Snactuary! Your goal is a little lower then mind, but I'm up higher than you. I guess I have 13.4 lbs to go. We both can do it by Labor Day, don't you think?

Okay, either Ruby's PC is on the blink, or seriously - she moved forward with CB. Can't wait to hear, we want details!

Karen, have a nice few days off. Boy, am I behind with everyone.

Hi Julie, hope your having a great time, great weather and OP foods for your vacation. LOL! We can always hope, right!?

Fiona: Congrats on the sales. How many people are in your family? Can get find a house for anyone else? Did you ever send out those flyers to your new neighbors? What a nice chance working with DM. Never a dull moment with you! Can't wait to hear what the current boss has to say?! Yikes, I'm holding my breath with you. Hopefully he will be in tomorrow and not be taking a long weekend!

Oh, at the COD - the girl also said to stick with the Blue has I have had better results and actually did lose some weight while on it. Also, I'm to keep up the exercise. I should have gone to the gym tonight, but got my hair cut instead.

I rushed home so I could cook some chicken on our charcoal grill. Okay, I'm not the griller in the family. Cleaned up the grill, got all the ashes out, and put the chicken on. Waited and waited and couldn't figure out why the coals didn't seem to be staying hot and chicken was not cooking. Thought about it, and I did clean the grill. What could it be. Well, found out that I left the vents at the bottom closed (while cleaning) and smothered the fire. Managed to stuff some newspaper up in the holes to get under the charcoal to relight,, and got them going again. Wait until DH comes home and see what I've cooked. LOL! Okay, I'll do better next time! Too back the veal chops I put on for him don't look that great, hopefully they will taste okay. He's the cook in the family, can you tell. Sometimes I feel like Lucelle Ball.

Well, we do have a Nordic Track at home sitting behind me. I guess I should get on it since I didn't get to the gym.

I'll check back later if I can. Hugs to all, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:12 PM   #592  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

are you out with CG

We are all waitin to hear the update

Debi
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:31 PM   #593  
Britt/LAWL~Red

OK just a quick update to let you know that I will probably be MIA tomorrow cause we had a power surge at work today and it damaged the modem for our DSL im supposed to get a new box tomorrow it was sent overnight but who knows what time it will get there and if that will fix it. Anyway just wanted you to know that i have not fallen off the face of the earth just having computer problems.

Congrats to everyone for having a good day and ruby sorry our convo got cut short but I want details about what happens tomorrow night..... HAHA that ought to make you gals curious until ruby post huh
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:34 PM   #594  
Sarah on LAWL

S/C/G: 176/170.2/148

Height: 5'6"

Hey Sy! Yes - I'm up for a partner in crime to meet our Labor Day goal! I actually have 13.2 to lose - so we're right there together. My next WI is Saturday morning - so I'll let everyone know how I'm doing at that point... Anyone else in on a Labor Day challenge?
Snactuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:55 PM   #595  

Debi,

I'm on the Blue plan. The put me on it because I have diabetes and it helps keep my glucose levels evened out. You have 2 1/2 proteins, but the protein portions aren't all the same in ounces. You do have 3 starches though.

Jewel
Julinstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:58 PM   #596  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

I am up for the challenge !! Put me down for a 10 lb loss by Labor Day

Jewel - I notice you are from STL ... Well Welcome neighbor !! I live about 25 miles from downtown ... ever hear of Imperial ?
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 06:26 AM   #597  

Britt: How can you mention something about Rudy and be MIA following? Hoping your DSL modem gets fixed soon.

Okay Ruby, stop holding out - we want details. LOL!

Sarah: Ok buddy, we are going to make it.

After the chicken story from last night, it ended up not tasting bad. Had to tell DH the story - he said he have 'never' left the vents closed, and he guessed it was soon as I mentioned the grill. Was he testing me? LOL!

Marbear and Mom of 3 - we need all the challengers we can get. We will make our goals/mini goals by Labor Day! Someone has to be the winner, right!

Welcome Jewel: We have a Julie (aka TextJewel) who is on vacation, so I will refer to you as "Jewel". I'm on the Blue Plan as well, but not for health reasons, it's because I exercise.

Hey all - I cleaned off the Nordic Track (clothes hanger) after getting off the board last night. I was sweating my butt off, and stopped after 20 minutes. Not quite the gym, as I normally workout for 60 minutes - but better than nothing.

I've already drank 20 ozs of water on my way into work today, so it's a reminder for everyone to drink up. The counselor told me to increase my water intake to 10 glasses for 3 days to see if I can get this vacation weight off. I'm doing my best.

Happy OP day to all and Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 09:25 AM   #598  

Default Morning Chicks...

TGIF -

Sy - I'm doing really well with my water today too. My friend at the gym gave me a tip about water today. She says she takes a gallon to work, then pours it into a glass and drinks the glass at once, she does not sip it. So I tried that and it's seems to be easier to drink quanity. I'm gonna try this for awhale

Mary - Eli sounds like he is doing good with his words. My GB David will be 20 months 8/11 and isn't talking much more than that. He is very vocal, but it's baby talk and we can't understand him. When we were all on vacation I did notice that the parents don't make him ask for things he just has to 'want' it. About counting your housework as exercise - I say yes

Hi Jewel - Welcome I have been on the Blue plan too, but right now I"m on an altered Gold, using the 1/2 protein but not the starch. I love the 1/2 serving of peanut butter on my morning toast....

Okay - I have to run and do some stuff around here..........
Old 07-22-2005, 09:55 AM   #599  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

TGIF is right !! Hope that everyone has a great day and an even better weekend !!!

Mary - Eli sounds like such a cutie !! That language explosion can happen at anytime ...LOL. I watch a 3 year old who still can't talk much better than "baby" ... we have a situation where we have big sister talking for her, and the parents do nothing about it. In fact, her 2 year old brother's language is coming along a lot better than hers, I can actually understand him better than her.

Star and Sy - With getting my H2O in, I "play" ganes with myself ...lol ... I will tell myself that I can't have y coffee unless I drink my 20 oz bottle of water first ... etc Works for me ...
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #600  

Good morning all!

Great day at WI this morning. I lost 2 pounds, which brings my total to 27 pounds lost! What a great birthday present!

This afternoon I am taking my cousin Angie in to sign up for the 12 week package they are having the special on this week. I'm excited because she lives just 2 doors down from me and we can ride together. I think it just makes it easier if you have a partner.

I hope everyone is having a great day. It takes all my time to catch up on the posts and I don't have a lot of time for individual replies. I'll do better after church conference is over this week!