LAWL Losers and Friends - July '05 - Page 39 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 07-21-2005, 12:13 PM   #571  

That is wonderful news to my ears too. But don't they need to know that number to prescribe meds?
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:33 PM   #572  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Mary

I work in a medical office with a spine surgeon, internal med doc, brain surgeon. I do the surgery scheduling and clinic managment for the spine doc. I asked one to help me be on track.. that way I would have to look someone in the eye if I fell off the wagon.

I would've died if my husb (at the time) knew my pregnancy weight.. 11 years ago, I had my last child. I was on bed rest from 14 weeks pregnancy on.. I was a barn by the time it was over.. I used to step on the scales backwards so I wouldn't know.. I stopped looking at 240lbs.. I knew there wasn't anything I could do about it while I was pregnant.. Anyway.. long story short (too late).. I had my last son..and when he was 4 months old, I decided to step on the scales and look, was horrified 5'4" 27 years old and 263lbs.. Thank God, that was back in the day when they put ephedrin in everything.. I started using herbalife (when it had the mahjuang(sp)) worked like a dream.. dropped lbs like crazy.. got down to 145. loved my body, loved the product.. didn't need it anymore.. stopped using it settled in at 150 regular weight.. life was great. I didn't have any trouble keeping the weight off; Until 2004. then I have slowly gained 20 lbs.. The first thing I did was go back to herbalife.. nothing happened. why? Because they made ephedra and all the byproducts of that illegal.. So here I am.. ephedra free but loosing weight

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.. it is the first time I've had to really work at losing weight..

Debi
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:43 PM   #573  

Hi! Where is everyone? Can't believe I can actually keep up with the posts. LOL!

I checked my calendar, and we have a big birthday coming up here on this board this weekend, it's MetalChic's BD - if I got this right, it's on the 24th? No celebrating yet, just a reminder. LOL!

Okay, I'm going to bite the bullet and post my current weight. I had a great vacation so can't begrudge that - so I gained a little weight. I'm sure I'll do that again in the future, but have to try my best to get it back down (it's no wonder I don't have that 'thin' feeling lately). You know I can do it!

Have a great day, and Rudy must have eloped with CB. Hoping things are going your way.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:46 PM   #574  

Previous reply should have said "Ruby" not Rudy, sorry about that.
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:49 PM   #575  

Sy - We knew who you met silly.... Thanks for the BD update.....

Debi - What a good story, glad you found us here and we didn't see you on that show "Intervention" lol
Old 07-21-2005, 12:55 PM   #576  

no kidding.. I guess some people really had trouble with the whole ephedra thing.. I didn't.. I used it lost weight, didn't use it anymore.. no problem.. but I guess I was one of the lucky ones.. I have trouble processing the dangers of it since I didn't experience anything bad with it.

Oh well, on to better things like willpower and hard work
Old 07-21-2005, 01:22 PM   #577  

I just read the formula for the plans.. at 166.4 I should be on Gold.. but when I tried it for a week I put on 3lbs.. has anyone my weight average been on Red and lost? I'm just curious.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:12 PM   #578  

Debi - I have lost on the Blue Plan and I'm arround your weight. However, I am in no way, shape or form an example - too many 'life happens' events here....
About ephedra and the diet pill era - yes those were the days.....lol

Mary - Would you like my address? I have a treadmill and a mess....lol
My dear grand daughter was helping pick up her toys when she was 2 1/2. Today at almost 4 she is a certified neat freak and likes things in the right place......She is actually my dear step grand daughter (no 'neat' genes from me)...How old is Eli? BTW, love that name.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #579  

kids clean up after themselves? I have seven at home, and the only way I know I'm coming home to a clean house, is if I call when I'm leaving the office (30-40 min drive) and let them know I expect to come home to a clean house.. I can only imagine the cleaning that takes place in that 30-40 minutes.. but it passes inspection when I get there.. I assume I'm pretty lucky to not know what it looks like before the phone call. I've learned if you don't ask them to do it, in writing, they won't. This goes for the very sweet, but clutter blind husband. So, I'm the list queen..

I tried a metabolife thing for a couple days.. talk about hyper.. I don't think I slept. it was awful.. tooooooooo much caffein in those things.. I can't see how caffein can help you lose weight anyway.. just makes your heart race and your stomach hurt.. it is much worse for you that ephedra ever was.. I think in the next 20 years we are going to see a huge rise in stomach ulcers and stomach lining problems, and IBS from all the daily overindulgence in expresso's, iced coffees, chewing coffee beans and those energy drinks that the teens and twenty somethings live off of.
It's kinda like smoking in the '40's - 60's. People did it to be trendy, didn't realize the health impact.. same with all the high caffein drinks of today.. OHHHHH looks like my crystal ball is clouding up... sorry about the soap box lol
Old 07-21-2005, 02:35 PM   #580  

Star.. my guru,

What is the blue plan.. I've seen all the colors but that one..

Debi

did I tell you I weighed in at 166.4 today? kinda proud of that one
Old 07-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #581  

Debi = I should have been a guru of something.....don't know what...
Seven kids OH MY GOSH...what a women Is that ?

166.4 - I'm feeling some sort of dejavu???

Okay the Blue Plan:

2 1/2 Proteins
3 Starches
3 Veggies
3 Fruits
1 Dairy
1 Fat
2 Lites

It's really the Gold Plan with an 1/2 extra protein and 1 extra starch.....
Now if you go on this one you will be complete.........

Once, a long time agon someone told me to take caffein pills to lose weight. I'm took some in the early a.m. and by around 9 a.m. I was in my office on the floor with stomach pain, had to go home. Then today at the gym my young friend that I was showing how to count her heart rate. Well she told me it wouldn't be a good number becuz she took caffine pills already (it was 6 a.m.) I was thinking why not just drink some coffee?
Old 07-21-2005, 03:48 PM   #582  

Seven is cool.. always something going on .. and lot's of helpers when there is a project.. it's not as hard as one would think. Once you get past three, it's pretty much all the same, just with more stuff.. With two you are always breaking up fights, but with the crowd, the problem never really makes it to you... majority rules and they end up taking care of it themselves.. I'm sure in 15 years, I will hear about all kinds of things I didn't know about, when they all come over for thanksgiving dinner..

The blue plan sounds dreamy.. I know I'm like goldilocks.. red is too much, gold is too little, and BLUE is just right

I promised myself to not plan hop after last week's gain.. so I'm stickin with Red for awhile.. if I don't loose after a while, Blue it is.

I really like that 1/2 protein that red offers.. and now I know that blue has it too... keeps me from starvin in the afternoon.

Thanks for all your help.

Debi
Old 07-21-2005, 03:59 PM   #583  
Sarah on LAWL

S/C/G: 176/170.2/148

Height: 5'6"

Hi all... I just signed up today, and wanted to pop in and say hello! I've been hopping on and off plan for too long - and I am back OP as of today - and am motivated by reading everyone's posts. It helps to know I'm not alone! Based on some other signatures I've seen - I set myself a short-term goal - to lose 13 pounds by Labor Day. I know I can do it!
Snactuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:05 PM   #584  

Sarah

welcome aboard...
Old 07-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #585  

Hi Sarah - Glad you made it over here, there's always room for more motivated chicks.......