Old 07-20-2005, 04:53 PM   #556  

Default Carmen

Carmen - Some things never change and COD is at the top of the list....
Don't worry about your SIL. becuz when you do this on your own, for yourself she will be green
See you all tomorrow.....thinner than today.....
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:05 PM   #557  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Dont worry Carmen thats what we are here for!!!!!!!!!! Whenever you need any support pop on here and you know that we will be close by.....

Mary just curious what kind of lasagna your making and how your going to count it???

Well i gotta get out of here the work day is over...... see ya tomorrow no computer at home
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 07:12 PM   #558  

You chickies have been quite active today! Losing weight and everything!! At my WI I lost the .8 I was up on Monday plus another .2 so I was happy about that.

Karen - I'll work on the avatar over the next couple of days. Our church is having conference and it starts tonight. I'll check around and see what I can find that would work for ya.

Not much time to chat about anything else, so I'll go for now. Have a great evening everyone!
EweWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:20 PM   #559  

Default Debi

Quote:
Originally Posted by debi d
<snip> This is my 4th week on plan. I went to Gold last monday and it is my first gain since I started. I'm going back to red or purple. I'm tossing around doing a modified atkins induction for two weeks to get my weight loss jump started... <whole bunch of snips>
Lots of water to all and I'm open to suggestions.

Debi
Hi Debi!
I'm wondering if you are giving each plan enough time for your body to adjust before you switch to something else. Somewhere I read that they (LAWL) like to keep you on a partiular colored plan for two weeks before switching to something else. If you keep changing the amount of food you are eating your body won't know WHAT it is supposed to do.

Are you trying this on your own, or at the advice of a counselor?

As for jump starting, have you tried either the Express Plan or the Take Off? It didn't do much for me, .8 pound but I am thinking of trying it again next week with the Knudsen's if I can find it, otherwise I will do the cantaloupe.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:22 AM   #560  

Regina: How do you like my new look? Thanks for the Avatar, and the instructions on posting.

Hi everyone else, getting ready for work just have a few minutes. Went to the COD and I'm up big time. I'll write more on that later. Remember, I just got back from vacation and no exercising for 2.5 weeks. I didn't flip out, I bit the bullet - knew it would not be good news. I'm on track now, that is the most important thing. Plus, after we reviewed my diary, I have been having too much pork, and non homecooked meals (like Rot. Chicken), stuff with loads of salt.

Just had to put the facts out there.

Hugs to all, and thanks again Regina. I will read the prior posts later.

Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:02 AM   #561  

Default Morning Chickies.....

Mary - "Star, I really like how you said DDIL. My mother-in-law and I don't see eye to eye. It all started when I married her "good son." The girl dating the wild child son (whom as we have already discussed used to date my husband) is POIFECT" Well being the mom to two sons and always wanting a daughter, makes me so happy to have two good, sweet DDIL's!!! I treat them like the daughters I never had, took them both shopping and bought most of their maternity clothes, bought them Tiffanys and Uggs for Christmas, got their hair hi-lieted, cut and styled for Mother's Day. There is a hidden benifit in there for me too, they don't ever call me the wicked MIL... Oh and I loved your remark about saving circles As far as eating normal food on plan. We have to make this work for us, but you are going the extra mile to work that food to plan - good for you!

Regina - Hi of AVATAR! We missed you yesterday, but we tried to fill in for ya....lol I agree with what you said to Debi () about giving the plans some time to 'stick'. Someone on here use to have a saying "Be like a postage stamp - pick something and stick to it til you get there" (or I think that was it?) Oh, and Regina I liked you sassy girl better - is she on vacation?

Sy - I Love you new avatar - it rocks! Well thank goodness our vacations are over and done huh? You know you will get that scale number back down soon, we have done it before and we can do it again Besides we are too stubborn to give up, which can be a 'good' thing Wait maybe if I told you you should just give up, that would speed your loss up OH heck, I don't know what works anymore, but I'll keep trying to figure it out......

Okay - I have to go and do some stuff around here.

Jen, metal, mandy, ruby and all your other lurkers, MIA"s and friends - miss you lots.....
Rusty - PM me......
Old 07-21-2005, 09:23 AM   #562  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Morning Morning Morning!!!

I am in good spirits this morning my scale was so very kind to me when i weighted at home of couse i know its not my official center weight but hey i will certainly take it!! Just got finished eating my POP breakfast and getting ready to start my workday. Have lots to do today and hopefully I will get it done. If not guess what... it will be there tomorrow

Star~
You sound like a fairy MIL!!!! Im sure they enjoy the time they get with you as much as you enjoy your time with them.

Sy~
No worries girl you will get back at it and get those vacation lbs off you in no time! I think mine are finally gone. Keep that positive attitude of yours and you will be back in the swing of things in no time.

Mary~
Sounds good! I think you are probably close on your count. Its hard to convert some things to LA standards but in this case i think your close. How many servings did it make?

Ok well i need to wash up my dishes really quick and then i have some paperwork that is calling my name .......be back later
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:48 AM   #563  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!!

I went to WI yesterday and am down 2 more pounds. Yesterday was the last day of 5 weeks on LAWL so I'm doing the 2 pounds a week average anyway. But I guess when I went on vacation they put me "on hold" so I am really just 3 weeks into the program. Guess I didn't know they did that. I didn't ask to be on hold. Oh well...

Mary~ Reading about your lasagna!! Sounds sooooo good!

Sy~ That sure does seem to be what happens to most of us when we go on a vacation!!! Its so easy to be in control in our own enviroments!!

I sure miss hearing about Ruby's CG. Hopefully she will entertain us with a new installment soon! I am also hoping all is well with Irish. Think her surgery was scheduled for today. Thinking good thoughts for her!!!

I'll check in later...
WAgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:02 AM   #564  

OK, Sassy Girl is back. I was feeling like a rag doll the other day and decided to make an avatar to reflect my emotions.

I'm glad you like yours, Sy. That makes me happy!

How are you feeling today Britt? Not too sore?

Congratulations, Fiona on the house sales! I hope you and your mom can quickly work out an agreement for the day job that is mutually satisfactory!

Hi to the rest of you chatty people, and I miss the story telling. Where is Ruby anyway? Did she elope with CB?

Church conference day session starts in 1/2 hour, and I have to get my water and snack, so I can't play any longer. I'll be back later this afternoon to catch up. Don't have too much fun without me!
Old 07-21-2005, 11:18 AM   #565  

Default moe coffee please........

Cindy - Congrats on the loss - way to go.......Making that 2 pound per week average is no easy task (Well, atleast not for the diet challenged chicks like me)....

Regina - so glad to see Sassy back Maybe, you should do a short term "church lady" one....

Hey Britt - How does your bum feel today And Karen how about those bruises on the knees We need an in house hospital huh.......

It is really nice outside here today , like 79. I should be out on the bike somewhere. Speaking of fun - Julie - wherever you are - miss ya!

Last edited by Star; 07-21-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:18 AM   #566  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Regina.

The sensible side of me has to agree with you. I don't think I have give each plan enough time. But switching was a mistake.. I went back to Red on Monday and am down from 170 to 166.4. I am thinking that the other just wasn't enough food. I've tossed the idea of atkins.. It is just so tempting when people report that they have lost 10-14 lbs during the 2 week induction.. but I'm guessing it probably comes back after they start adding in carbs.. I guess that 1/2 protein is really necessary to my body. I think I weigh to little to be on the red.

I am doing this on my own. You guys are my counselors and honestly my cheerleaders, my support.. this is a great site for those of us who just don't have the extra money for the center. I did go in and get the estimate.. I about fainted. over $800. that was just for the program.. all the lites and supplements would be extra.. Just too much for our family... as much as I would like to do it.. so I have weigh in's at work, am accountable to medical staff here .. can you believe my boss knows how much I weigh?

I tried TO.. didn't get any real results.. but I'm not sure what the other thing you asked is... I've heard you guys talk about express plan, but I don't know what that is either.

Did I mention I was down to 166.4 Can't believe how much that makes me smile.. I was so down earlier this week about the gain.. Thank all of you for picking me up and thanks to Star for the extra special hugs.

Debi
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:27 AM   #567  

Debi - Funny how those three digit numbers can make us or ....By all means, go right now and change the digits to reflect your great loss!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #568  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'4"

done

166.4. , he he he..

every one of those little individual lbs makes a difference.. I think my ignorant self made a comment a few weeks ago about not obsessing over the ounces.. I am eating my words.. happily... I'm obsessing over the ounces.. looking forward to loosing the .4

Debi
debi d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 11:56 AM   #569  

Well then - you fit right in! I'm not liking my .2 either....
Old 07-21-2005, 12:03 PM   #570  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I just heard this, but it is not mandatory to weigh in at the dr's office. They cannot make you. I was glad to hear this, b/c i hate that. That scale is always different anyway and i'm one of those people who can't even utter the number myself, so why do i want anyone else to know? So next time i go in, i'm going to politely say, i'll pass on being weighed.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote