3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   problems with couselors (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/60193-problems-couselors.html)

alliesarang 06-24-2005 03:28 AM

problems with couselors

Hey everyone --

So, I started LAWL in Philadelphia this past February and by May10th I had lost about 40lbs. On May 11th I came back to Seattle for the summer As you can see...I haven't lost anything since then. I've basically been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over again for the past six weeks.

Here's the problem though. I really honestly don't like the couselors here. Maybe it's just because I've been able to compare. I really felt like my couselors in Philly cared about me, knew my name, etc. Plus...they were all on the plan themselves, or have been at one point in time.

The couselors here are so cold and apathetic....I mean, I'm OBVIOUSLY having a hard time but they don't seem to care...they just ask me the standard questions and send me on my way. I can't say for certain but they seem like the type of people who have never had to deal with weight issues before...they just give really obvious suggestions. "Oh...stop eating things that are bad for me? Well, gee, I never thought of that!"

I don't know what to do...I'm just really frustrated. I had been doing so well...2.5 lbs a week lost at least. And I'm mad that I've been so stagnant. But, in Philly I was so excited to go show my couselors my progress...but here it doesn't mean anything to me.

Ok, I just needed to vent somewhere. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

aphil 06-24-2005 07:50 AM

What is your exercise like?

auditgirl 06-24-2005 12:34 PM

I know what you're going through losing and gaining the same few pounds...I've been doing the same thing since about Christmas. I lost about 40-45 lbs very quickly and since then the next 20-25 lbs has taken a lot of work. I've only lost 13lbs since January, but the inches are coming off and I'me doing some form of exercise about 6 days a week.

All I can say is hang in there and stick to the plan and we are with you. Aphil brings up a good point about exercise, it might be time to either start exercising or to determine whether you're not on the right plan for the amount of exercise you are doing. Since this move is just for the summer and you're going back to Philly, have you considered putting your plan on hold so you don't have to lose your weeks and deal with crabby personnel?

Take care,
Jen

MetalChic 06-24-2005 01:26 PM

Sounds like it's about time to change your plan. Have you asked them about that? I did the same thing when I got close to the change mark. I needed to weigh 184 to change and I was hovering around 185-187. I asked them to go ahead and change me and that did the trick.

Express your concerns. If the conselor doesn't pay you any attention, get the manager involved or even the district manager. You are paying for these weeks; and if you don't loose during them, they will charge you for more weeks to loose the rest of your weight.

If you try posting some stats and maybe your food journal on the food journal tread, some of us may be able to help you. They changed the plan recently, and I have had more trouble losing since I switched over. Sometimes I have to limit myself as I did on the previous plan. I lost almost all of my weight on the old plan. I don't think the new one started in my area until April, and I have been below 145 since then.

alliesarang 06-24-2005 04:52 PM

Thanks everyone.

It really is my fault that I haven't been losing out here in WA. I mean, I know what I should be doing. I haven't been able to get a gym membership so I haven't been exercising much and my eating is just mediocre.

I'm just pouting and being baby because my couselors aren't as awesome as they once were. I think maybe I will put my plan on hold so I don't waste all this money going to a center that I don't like.

The good news? I just moved and there's a brand-spankin' new LA Fitness two blocks down the road. Just signed up yesterday! I'm at the low end of the 5 pounds I keep gaining and losing so hopefully I'll keep goin!