LA Weightloss #28

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • Menopause
    Yes, I am going through that now .
    I am now on prempro and started my period and stop a few days and start and stop a few days. After I hadn't had a period in a year.
    It seems to have leveled out now. Have not had a period in two months.
    Sharon
  • Hi everyone. I have not been on for a while. I am doing lousy as far as dieting. I am soooo off plan. I got discouraged again and just can't seem to get myself back on plan. I gained a pound when I weighed in last week and it has been down hill ever since.
    I am trying to get back on program but not doing to well. Geesh!
    I am glad to see everyone else is doing better than me. I did not know either that you could switch from the veggie plan to the reg plan. I may have to give that a try.

Lorrie
  • Lorrie, I know how you feel - and I believe we have all been there - I know you will get back on it and get the pounds moving off again - just holler when you need support
  • Dont be discouraged
    Hi Lorrie,
    Dont be discouraged.
    I gained two times last week and didn't think about the pain medication I had been taking for my back. Guess it can make you retain water.
    I did lose 1/2 pound yesterday and got support from my counslers.
    It makes me feel so much better when I talk to them.
    Just take each day at a time and if you flub up one day, forget it and start over the next day.
    Sometimes I take my day into 3rds, Breakfast, snack,1st 1/3 Lunch, snack 2/3 and dinner and snack. Also drinking all of your water helps alot.
    You can do it. Just try to think of little tricks that may help you.
    Sharon
  • Menopausal
    Sharon,
    I'm not sure if I'm beginning the "change" or not. I'm on the pill but have been having really heavy periods for the past 4+ months. I'm going to the doc week after next. My mom went thru it at 35. I'll be 40 this year so, who knows?!

Lorrie,
    I'm struggling to to stay on the program. Lots of things have been going on in my life so it's been hard to hang in there with it!
    But I'm not going to give up! I can't. I finally reached the 17.5 lbs loss and I'm determined to get it off. Another 59.5 lbs to go, but I'm just trying not to look at it that way. It's amazing the little things about my diet and self control that I've realized. I don't eat as much as I used to. I make somewhat better choices than used to but these bad habits didn't happen over night, therefore, they won't go away overnight! Don't beat yourself up! Think about how far you've come and do you really want to go back there?!
    Hang in there!

Janie
  • Menopause
    Hi Janie,
    When I got my check up I had not had a period in a year. My doctor gave me something to make me have a period and I did not start.
    So she put me on prempro and I started and was starting and stopping all of the time within a two month period.
    Now no periods at all and still on prempro.
    I am hot all of the time, but with 100 pounds excess weigh on me no wonder.
    I always have the fan on when I go to bed and my husband is freezing. At least he can put on blankets , I can't take off my skin.
    If you are having heavier than normal periods ask your doctor.
    Always have your yearly check up. My friend always has her check up and a month later she had a tumor on her ovaries and was in the hospital almost a month. Lots of pain. It can happen that fast. I guess it is an unusual cancer that has to be surgically removed to get rid of it. Take care of yourself.
    I so much want to be thin again.

Sharon
  • Hot flashes!
    I know what you mean by staying hot all the time. I attribute it to my excess weight too. I had hot flashes after my second child was born then they quit @ a year. No period is what I want!!!! But I'm not sure my doc will go for that. I've had what they thought was endometriosis for years, but never a definitive diagnosis. All I know is that I feel crumby during my periods and I'm tired of having such a miserable week! I'm hoping that he will just change my pills when I go to see him!

Let me tell you about my juicing! I had no problem staying on the juice, but it tore my stomach up! I guess that's what I get for being so determined to do it! I couldn't down the last cup because, my stomach hurt so bad! Oh well, at least it had nothing to do with my meds. That really irritates me when someone tells me that I can't do something because I'm on "antidepressants"!

I'm doing better on the program, but I'm still having a hard time totally hanging with it! As I said, I take it one meal at a time these days. I've found the frozen chicken tenderloins (breast strips). They're thin and I can have 4 of them (@ 6oz). I did buy some veggie burgers and hot dogs. I like the veggie burgers but the hot dogs, I'm going to have to acquire a taste for! But I'm so happy that it gives me more options with the protein! I'm really laying low on my starches these days. If I could go without I would. They are "death" for me!

Gotta go to a meeting.
    Talk to ya later!
    Janie
  • Weighed in today, and lost 1-3/4 since Monday. Yippie!! And my counselor SMILED!! She actually said, "That's great!" Wow. Encouragement at last! Then I went to Taco Bell and had a Taco salad, with the beans & cheese. Oh well, it's just a little cheat. I'll just drink extra water! :::glug glug glug::::

Tosca, welcome to the group. I'm sorry about your plateau...I know it's hard to stay committed when you don't get the reward. Maybe you'll pick up some tips here to help you move along. Good luck!

Neb2, I can't believe you were told to drink only 64 oz of water! They gave me a handout that says, "On the average a person should drink eight 8-oz. glasses every day. However, the overweight person needs one additional glass for every 25 lbs. of excess weight. The amount you drink also should be increased if you exercise briskly or if the weather is hot and dry." As far as the folks at the center being less than enthusiastic about you toning during the weight loss phase, well, why tell them? YOU know it's to your benefit. You may find it slows your loss a bit, but it will show up on measuring day, and in the long term it will help you keep the weight off. Go for it, girl. You said you were told to only have one cereal bar a day....what plan are you on? I'm on purple, and was told two a day is fine (but I will give up one if my weight loss slows). Regarding the "bag of lettuce a day"....sounds crazy to me that they want us to limit those foods that on most other diets are "freebies". BUT, then I was thinking about my limited experience with one of those high protein diets (I think Atkins), and they also limited veggies. Apparently they do have some carbs. LA WLC isn't as "carb crazy" as some of those plans, but I guess we still have to watch them--even those from veggies.

Good luck, ya'll!
    Tami
  • Hi everyone! I am new here and I am so excited that I found you! I have been on LA Weight Loss for 3 weeks now and have lost 6 pounds. I have tried every other diet, as most people have, and nothing has been working. I am thrilled that I have finally found something that works. I used to do WW and lost 3 pounds in 3 months. I kept asking them what was I doing wrong and noone could tell me. So I am glad to have found one on one counseling. I have a question..I am having a hard time eating the LA Lites. I hate them. I am a very picky eater and they just gross me out. I have been trying to do the chocolate pudding and it is pretty gross also to me. How important do you think these really are? Of course I will do anything to lose this weight so if it means eating these I will, but I am just cureous as to what y'all thought. I have been looking for a forum on LA WL and I just can't believe that I finally found one. I truly believe in posting b/c it makes me get motivated when I am down and I love hearing others stories. Oh one more question...do you think the counselors really care or they just after the money? I am trying to figure out my counselor. I can't tell. She's always trying to get me to buy in bulk. I am just not ready to do that financially ya know? I noticed that a couple of you are from Tenn. I grew up in Brentwood and have been here in Montgomery for two years. Gosh I love it there and want to come home so bad. Well I am glad to have found you all!!!

Marcie
  • hay marcie,

welcome to our world I am sorry that you don't like the la lites. I was told that we had to have them, this was when i went on renewel weeks. I was thinking about trying to use my fruits as a snack and she said that they are protien and you need that extra protein (oh brother I thought ) I do think that they are just in it for the money. I think that they care more about the money then us as a customer in some cases but I figure if they work then I should stay on them. Have you tried all the flavers? I for one don't care for the honey ones they are too sweet. I love the chocolate crunch or even try the shakes. The chocolate one is to die for. It taste like a real choco. shake. They even have vanilla and straberry.

Also congrats on your 3 lb loss.

Karen M
  • Welcome, Marcie!
    Welcome to our little group!
    The more the merrier! We have a lot of great conversations and lots of great gripe sessions. As far as the bars, Marcie, everybody has their preference. Have you tried to hot chocolate, or any of the other supplements. I've tried the cafe latte' and mixed it with my coffee. It was really good! I thought I was cheating! There are also the soup supplements that you can cook with. I haven't tried anything else. I would like to try the vanilla shake with frozen strawberries. Frozen fruit works better for the shakes. I'm not too crazy about the chocolate but it seems to be a lot of people's favorite. Honestly, I've never lost weight like I have on LAWL. The bars seem to make a lot of difference for me. I am not so hungry and I don't crave carbs as bad as I normally would. It may be a mental thing but it works for me. I've been on the plan 8 weeks and have lost 17.5 lbs. It's the most I've lost in years. I've got another 50# to go. There are somethings about LAWL that I think are a little strange and may be a money making thing but I'm like you, I've tried every diet on the face of the earth! I still have bad days and weeks where I get off of the program but I'm very grateful that the girls at my center are really great! We're fighting it together!

I live in Gallatin, TN. I'm originally from Hopkinsville Ky. We've been here for about 2 yrs and I miss home too. We moved here because my husband got a job at Channel 5 as an engineer. I'm a nurse and work full time with 3 kids.

Congrats on your weight loss! You are in the right place! Someone is always around and believe me we've gone thru it all. so don't be afraid to vent or to gloat! This is the place!
    Again, welcome
    Janie
  • Thanks you guys for the welcome. I realized that I did not really tell you much about myself. I am 25 years old and weigh 190 pounds. I now have 45 pounds to go. I am afraid that I haven't stuck to the plan 100%. Infact I had a bad day today...a friend wanted to go to lunch and talk and we ended up at a Mexican restaurant. I had a quasidilla and chips and salsa. I have felt so guilty all day. I can't stand the fact that I didn't stay on the plan. UUGGHH! Anyway...tomorrow is a new day and today will be gone. I have the chocolate stuff to make a shake...do you just use water and ice? I would love to find something I like. My counselor says they are fat burners. Janie..that is funny that your husband is in TV. That is why I moved to Montgomery. I was trying to make it as a sports anchor and moved down here on my own. Got into it and hated it so I began producing the 6:00 news here. Met my husband who is also a TV Producer and I got out of the business. So that is why I am still here. He is now in the running for the executive producer position so I guess we will be stuck here for a while longer. Congrats to you on your 17.5 weight loss. Karen I am with you on the money thing...they really pressured me into signing up. I came in just for a consultation and then next thing I know I am crying and talking about how much I hate myself and then they are saying "you don't want to hate yourself anymore do you?" "Isn't $364.00 worth loving yourself again?" BUT I do have to say...this thing works. I like the plan, I love my counselor, and I see results. To me that is all that matters right now. I am tired of looking at my size 8/10 clothes and wishing I could wear them again. I am tired of looking at pictures and crying wondering how I let this happen. I am losing this weight and I am not looking back. Thanks for letting me vent. I was gradually starting to slip and now that I have found y'all I am so ready to go at it full force again! Hope everyone has a great night!
    Marcie
  • Welcome Marcie
    $364.Was that for the plan and bars?
    How many weeks did you sign up for?
    I did buy bulk in the bars because it was 9.10 a box instead of $14.00
    I have lost 27 lbs in 9 weeks. Had gained 2 1/2 pounds last week and felt terrible, didn't know what I did. It was the medication I was on that did it.
    Holding water I guess.
    Welcome to the club. I live in Chapel Hill, Tn about 20 miles south of Franklin. Brentwood is a beautiful place.
    My husband works at Saturn, we are orginally from Michigan.
    Have to go for now.
    Sharon
  • Welcome Marcie, I have lost 93 lbs on LA and now I only have 30 lbs to go. I live in Michigan. I show Dogs, collies to be exact and I raise them also. I have a toy poodle that I will be showing next year as she needs to grow lots of coat first. I know LA works if you stick with the plan. Lately I have not been sticking with it, I think my motivation is failing me. I did not weigh in this week so far because I have not been good and didn't want to be more depressed. LOL But I am not going to gain all the weight back so I will get back into it very soon.

Lorrie
  • Gee gals, I guess I haven't given you my life history. I am a native from Omaha Ne. I have been married to the most wonderful and supportive man in the whole world.. I don't know how he does it. I met him through a dating service called The People Store. Met him on Oct 27, 1995 we were engaged on December 16th of that year and were married the following July 13th. 2 days after my birthday. Talking about timing.... We had a whirl wind courtship no one thought that it would last. Except for my parents. Anyway. We moved down to Dallas Tx a week after ( hubby had job transfere with ibm) we were married and was extreamly homesick. I had never been away from home and didn't know anyone excepf for some close friends of my hubby's. 2 years later we moved back up to omahabuilt our first house and almost 3 years later we are still here for now. My hubby's job situation is getting pretty hairy and he is looking for other work. Oh and I am trying to get into a teacher aid position. I have a interview today at 10 so we shall see.

Anyway as far as the shakes a not of caution. If you are going to take a long trip and you make the shakes a head of time with fruit it's not a good idea. They seporate like crazy and they are terriable. I did that once and almost lost it. So just to for warn you.

Karen M